+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background checks expiring 15 may2014???.

rk3

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi .. My background checks are expiring on May 15, 2014.. Does this delay the oath ceremony, in case I don't get one by then..

Applied May 2012
RQ may 2013, replied June 2013
Test feb 2014
Waiting for oath since 10 weeks..

Backgrounds expiring 'May 15, 2014

twocats

Sep 30, 2009
Not sure, but I had mine one day before the the clearance expiry date. Could be just a coincident, could be a deliberate decision.

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
AlexRox said:
Hi,
How did you find out the expiry date of the background check ? Thanks
Apply for an online ATIP request, and check the expiry dates. It takes 30days.

Check this link
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
twocats said:
Not sure, but I had mine one day before the the clearance expiry date. Could be just a coincident, could be a deliberate decision.
Does CIC submit or request for an fresh clearance to move their file forward if clearance has been expired?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rk3 said:
Hi .. My background checks are expiring on May 15, 2014.. Does this delay the oath ceremony, in case I don't get one by then..

Applied May 2012
RQ may 2013, replied June 2013
Test feb 2014
Waiting for oath since 10 weeks..

Backgrounds expiring 'May 15, 2014
You need valid clearances at oath date...but hey with CIC you may luck out! Even with valid clearances you still have to sign that you are not under any criminal proceedings as at the oath date!

rk3

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
You need valid clearances at oath date...but hey with CIC you may luck out! Even with valid clearances you still have to sign that you are not under any criminal proceedings as at the oath date!
Hi Msafiri,

If the Oath is not schduled by the time the clearances are valid (and I assume that CIC will not make any extra effort to do so), or if they keep track of this parameter or not?

But in case the clearanes need to be obtained again, how much more time does it add to the case ?? or in other words how much more coud the case be delayed due to obtaining new clearances?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rk3 said:
Hi Msafiri,

If the Oath is not schduled by the time the clearances are valid (and I assume that CIC will not make any extra effort to do so), or if they keep track of this parameter or not?

But in case the clearanes need to be obtained again, how much more time does it add to the case ?? or in other words how much more coud the case be delayed due to obtaining new clearances?
CIC in theory should schedule the test in the order of transfer in dates (all other things being equal i.e. routine application). There is a test capacity based on room size and availability as well as that of the CJ. So if by bad luck you are number 51 and only 50 people can do the next test say on May 14, 2014 and the following test is May 20, 2014 then no dice and your clearances have to be re-run. Clearances are batch processed but give it say 3 months. What you need to worry about is CSIS clearance (intelligence) since it relies on the Canadian authorities getting information from organizations outside Canada - these ex Canada peeps may be efficient or jut plain disorganized.

Of course this raises the question of how CIC deal with say 50 people all with the same transfer in dates! My impression is that they go for a nationality mix which would disadvantage the applicant whose nationality is the bulk of the test group.

rk3

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
CIC in theory should schedule the test in the order of transfer in dates (all other things being equal i.e. routine application). There is a test capacity based on room size and availability as well as that of the CJ. So if by bad luck you are number 51 and only 50 people can do the next test say on May 14, 2014 and the following test is May 20, 2014 then no dice and your clearances have to be re-run. Clearances are batch processed but give it say 3 months. What you need to worry about is CSIS clearance (intelligence) since it relies on the Canadian authorities getting information from organizations outside Canada - these ex Canada peeps may be efficient or jut plain disorganized.

Of course this raises the question of how CIC deal with say 50 people all with the same transfer in dates! My impression is that they go for a nationality mix which would disadvantage the applicant whose nationality is the bulk of the test group.
Thanks Msafiri.. It appears that luck plays a very important role. I tested 1st week Feb'14. Was a pre-Test RQ with original application submitted in May2012.

Am waiting for Oath..

Meanwhile I ordered ATIP (Which is where I learnt that the Checks are expiring May End.).. and there were some remarks that appears somewhat positive. Here is a summary of what the ATIP Said..

Hope it look as positive to you as it appears to me.

ACTIVITIES 7
Type: Decision

Under a Seperate
Sub ActivityType: Judge's Decesion
Status Approved
(Mention's Judge's name)

Under a Seperate Sub Activity
Type: Official's/Grantor's Decision

Avtivity 8
Type Hearing
Status Not Required