+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check

birdsson

Aug 6, 2017
Date application received: 06/13/2016
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Tired to wait.
I'm on IP2 since August 1st, I tried to call them but they said that there is no updates... It is annoying, keep checking e-mail the first thing in the morning

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
a
Actually this is very rare unless that person is a resident or was a resident of the country they dont ask applicants to attend interviews outside the home country. I have seen people being interviewed on call but not called outside home country.

Most of the time they call for interview in embassy if Visa Office is not available.
bsolutely wrong. every pakistani selected for interview (who is residing in pakistan) have to go to Abudhabi

Reactions: BillHyatt

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
a

bsolutely wrong. every pakistani selected for interview (who is residing in pakistan) have to go to Abudhabi
Maybe rules have changed for your country now. Previously applicants were called in your city of Islamabad.

Thanks for updating it will help people living in your country.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Really? You mean flying all the way to Abu Dhabi to do the interview? I hope like BillHyatt said that it changed as it seems to be too much of a hassle.
a

Maybe rules have changed for your country now. Previously applicants were called in your city of Islamabad.

Thanks for updating it will help people living in your country.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/islamabad.asp

They mention an office that handles
  • travel documents for permanent residents
    In Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi but not sure if I'm looking at the right page.

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Really? You mean flying all the way to Abu Dhabi to do the interview? I hope like BillHyatt said that it changed as it seems to be too much of a hassle.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/islamabad.asp

They mention an office that handles
  • travel documents for permanent residents
    In Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi but not sure if I'm looking at the right page.
pakistanis have appeared in colombo london and abu dhabi. mostly abu dhabi for those residing in pakiatan. very big hassle. islamabad just stamps the counterfoil and hand over the copr which are either issued at london or abu dhabi and lastly ottawa, the three offices that are processing pr apps of pakistanis. these days most apps are processed at ottawa and london for those living within pak. this is the right link to find where pr apps are processed nationality wise.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

munibalam

Jun 9, 2017
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
If we need your biometrics, we will send you a message in your account telling you how to submit biometrics.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Guys, Please help in advising what stage my application is in? IP1?

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
If we need your biometrics, we will send you a message in your account telling you how to submit biometrics.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Guys, Please help in advising what stage my application is in? IP1?
IP1

mpreetsingh

Jun 5, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Tired to wait.
It seems that you are selected for security screening. Your status is in IP2 and if everything was fine you should have got PPR.
I am in same boat. I got my AOR on 11 Sep, 2017 and since 12 Sep, 2017 my BG changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information". No MR yet. Does that mean I am in IP2 stage without going to IP1? Thanks

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Hi All,
This is my current status
Application/profile details:
Application status:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results:
You passed the medical exam. Sept 14-2017
Review of additional documents:
The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview:
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics:
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check:
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can anybody confirm this status is IP1 or IP2 ?
I passed my medical and above background change message yesterday. Before that Background check was not applicable.

Many thanks!

Tools

Aali005

May 5, 2017
Hi All,
This is my current status
Application/profile details:
Application status:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results:
You passed the medical exam. Sept 14-2017
Review of additional documents:
The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview:
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics:
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check:
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can anybody confirm this status is IP1 or IP2 ?
I passed my medical and above background change message yesterday. Before that Background check was not applicable.

Many thanks!

Tools
IP2

anad120417

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
11-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Request
26-04-2018
Med's Done....
11-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-05-2018
I'm on IP2 since August 1st, I tried to call them but they said that there is no updates... It is annoying, keep checking e-mail the first thing in the morning
Hey even I am in IP2 since Aug 1st, donno what's happening. Emailed twice (30th July and 26th Aug) n got the same response both times. My file is being processed at CPC and they cannot confirm when it will be ready for finalization. It is definitely annoying!!!

mushej

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my application status occurred some changes Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. changed to We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
but they have not sent any inquiry of additional documents to me.
what to do?

Review of additional documents We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.

can-immi

Sep 1, 2017
This is in no way any generalization, but according to the latest trends and provided all the Docs submitted are upto the mark, please find the timelines below:-

1) Med Pass - Usually 25-30 days from e-AOR
2) IP1 - Usually the same day as Med Pass, else 1-10 days from Med Pass.
3) NA2 - Usually the same day as IP1, else 1-10 days from IP1.
4) IP2 - Usually 14-20 days from NA2 (Provided RPRF was paid upfront else 10-14 days from RPRF Payment date).
5) PPR - Usually 14-20 days from IP2 else can be longer than any generalization.

DISCLAIMER: Let me re-iterate, this is in no way any generalization, this is only an estimate according to the latest trends. Every case is unique and hence the timelines can vary even if e-AOR falls on the same date for multiple cases.

@KiranK, @DelPiero07, @gurik, @johnsyk -> Hope its alright to give an estimate as above. It brings a ray of hope to people who are starting to mingle around the Immigration idea.
What is done in background check..
check security information, NOC, family members?
thank you all

aor_280617

Oct 7, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Hi Guys,

Below is my application timeline.

ITA - 12 April 2017
AOR - 28 June 2017
Medicals Passed - 4 Sept 2017
RPRF Request - 21 Sept 2017
RPRF Paid - 22 Sept 2017

Need expert opinions on below queries :

1. Since I have received RPRF Request, can i expect PPR soon?
2. My BG check status says - "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". I'm wondering why its not yet started?
3. Recently I have renewd my passport bcoz its getting expired on 27 Feb 2018. Should I wait for CIC to ask for renewed passport or should I submit it beforehand? If yes, what's the procedure to submit the renewed passport.

I'm CEC Outland applicant with two dependents (spouse n baby)

Thanks in Advance :)