+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check

manisha

Jul 24, 2006
Hi there

Just a general Question. What is this background check? I have seen it so many times on this topic with terms like CSIS, FOSS and immigration clearance. Is this done for everyone or for RQ applicants or is it is just case specific?

Thanks for your response.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manisha said:
Hi there

Just a general Question. What is this background check? I have seen it so many times on this topic with terms like CSIS, FOSS and immigration clearance. Is this done for everyone or for RQ applicants or is it is just case specific?

Thanks for your response.
There are three background checks. CSIS, RCMP and FOSS (I believe, or CBSA?). The timeframe for a background check varies greatly, especially with the CSIS checks, I strongly advise you to order your ATIP (GCMS notes) and you will get an idea what sort of updates you have on your application, as far as your Citizenship application is concern.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster said:
There are three background checks. CSIS, RCMP and FOSS (I believe, or CBSA?). The timeframe for a background check varies greatly, especially with the CSIS checks, I strongly advise you to order your ATIP (GCMS notes) and you will get an idea what sort of updates you have on your application, as far as your Citizenship application is concern.
I also have the same situation, got my notice to prepare for my exams, then I have contacted CIC- Call center agents, just to get an information, and the lady over the phone advised me they are doing background check on your application, once it is done, you might receive a letter to appear for your citizenship test, so what I am doing is spending half hour to prepare for exams everyday, some online test, and reading the discover Canada book.

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Hi there,
My question is more of a basic nature. I want to know who conducts the background checks? are these done by central office in Nova Scotia or the Local Office?

thanks