+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check (Security part processing time)

DS1990

Star Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hi, my situation ...

PNP (Paper Based) Inland
AR: October 24 (2018)
AOR: January 25 (2019)

Eligibility - pass (Pre-arrival letter received)
Medical exam - pass
Additional documents - pass
Criminality - pass
Security - NOT STARTED.
Biometrics - pass (do not need).

I called the CIC, where they told me that my Background check started on AOR day (i.e on January 25), If I understood correctly, they were checking the Criminality since this date .. and since this Friday I found out that Security has not started yet ... It already took 10 months, based on the topic:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pnp-pr-september-october-november-2018-applicants-lets-connect-here.595117/

In the near future, the October ARs will begin to receive PR, but in my application still haven’t started Security, according to some reports it can take an average of 6 months.

The question is, have you ever had a CIC agent on the phone made a mistake ... ? and provided incorrect data ... ? (I'm just wondering what they checked for 7 months?) Is it true that Security check takes 6 months? or were there other cases, for example, when it took a month?

P.S I have a very tense situation with the employer. I’m afraid that my employer will fire me before receiving PR. If this happens, how much time will I have to find a new job and report about it to the CIC?

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019
Same thing with me. I received Pre- arrival letter on 2 aug. haven’t got anything after that. Let me know if you get any update. Please and thanks