+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check processing time

KathyP83

Oct 12, 2023
Did anyone yet have a response ?? My background check is in progress since May 2023… it’s now October 2023!! How long does this take !! Anyone got their visa / PR yet??

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
Did anyone yet have a response ?? My background check is in progress since May 2023… it’s now October 2023!! How long does this take !! Anyone got their visa / PR yet??
That's normal. My BG completed at the very end of my application process, not in the beginning. My BG, LPP all completed around the same time after 12 months of applying.

KathyP83

Oct 12, 2023
That's normal. My BG completed at the very end of my application process, not in the beginning. My BG, LPP all completed around the same time after 12 months of applying.
Hello there
Thank you for reply .
Yes, I am at last stage too… everything else is done … I’ve even sent travel documents ! Everything previous to this was pretty quick , but why is this last stage of background check taking so long ?? Do you know how long this will take ?? Been 5 months already !
Thanks

ijaz_ch84

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
there are many of us from Sept, oct , nov 2022 applicants who are waiting for security clearance when it was initiated in late january , early february thats more than 8 months in security but no update what so ever. so not sure what is going on with CSIS at this point.

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
Hello there
Thank you for reply .
Yes, I am at last stage too… everything else is done … I’ve even sent travel documents ! Everything previous to this was pretty quick , but why is this last stage of background check taking so long ?? Do you know how long this will take ?? Been 5 months already !
Thanks
It's just a waiting game, really. There's no need to worry. Just forget about it. If you really want to know, apply for GCMS notes. It'll show you what the due date is. For me, everything completed around the due date as indicated on my GCMS notes. My due date said 6th of October. Everything completed on the 8th of October and I am now scheduled for Oath on the 23rd of October 2023. I applied on the 3rd of October 2022, with no updates all along until the very end. Same will happen to you, most likely.

Reactions: holyspectral

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
My family members applied (2 adults and 1 child) for citizenship in March 2023. Both got fingerprint request. Spouse has everything passed. Husband still has Background check and Prohibitions in Process.
His fingerprints were received at the same time as spouse in July and next day for spouse the background check got completed.
For husband, they are still reviewing the fingerprint check even though they have already received in July

Confirmed with IRCC call centre that criminality has passed but security is still in progress.
How much time would it take more to pass the security?
Any advise/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

elfei

Aug 19, 2020
It's just a waiting game, really. There's no need to worry. Just forget about it. If you really want to know, apply for GCMS notes. It'll show you what the due date is. For me, everything completed around the due date as indicated on my GCMS notes. My due date said 6th of October. Everything completed on the 8th of October and I am now scheduled for Oath on the 23rd of October 2023. I applied on the 3rd of October 2022, with no updates all along until the very end. Same will happen to you, most likely.

How long does it take your security get completed?