+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check not started

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
@ayeetee @Naturgrl

Can you please tell me that after PPR what are the steps they go through?

Does this mean that my application has been approved and finalised, as I haven't noticed any change on my CIC account?

They have received my passport today morning at VAC Sydney Australia. Any idea how long does it take to get passport stamped and returned?

Thanks in advance.
With PPR, your application is approved and finalized. They will stamp your passports and return them to you. Pre-covid, Mexico VO would return passports within 3-4 weeks. I don't know about Australia in Covid times. After you receive your passport and COPR, travelling will be possible only if you are exempted.

Chintan31

Sep 16, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10/09/20
Med's Done....
12/10/20
Passport Req..
18/12/20
With PPR, your application is approved and finalized. They will stamp your passports and return them to you. Pre-covid, Mexico VO would return passports within 3-4 weeks. I don't know about Australia in Covid times. After you receive your passport and COPR, travelling will be possible only if you are exempted.
Thanks a lot for your reply. Hope I can get my passport back soon.
As I am an Indian citizen, I don't think that I will be able to travel soon. I am residing in Australia currently.
Do you think it will make any difference in terms of travel?

keisersausey

Jul 14, 2020
Wow congrats man that was quick !
I am a French citizen but I am also residing in Australia, and my AOR is from May :x
Hopefully your application means some things are moving...
Please update here when you receive your Passport back, I'm interested in the current delays
Congrats again !

Chintan31

Sep 16, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10/09/20
Med's Done....
12/10/20
Passport Req..
18/12/20
Wow congrats man that was quick !
I am a French citizen but I am also residing in Australia, and my AOR is from May :x
Hopefully your application means some things are moving...
Please update here when you receive your Passport back, I'm interested in the current delays
Congrats again !
Thank you.
Sure I will update once i get my passport back

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
Thanks a lot for your reply. Hope I can get my passport back soon.
As I am an Indian citizen, I don't think that I will be able to travel soon. I am residing in Australia currently.
Do you think it will make any difference in terms of travel?
I don’t think it will make a difference unfortunately. Until they lift the travel ban for post-March 18 people you would have to be exempt (having family over there)

keisersausey

Jul 14, 2020
Hello @Chintan31,
I just received my PPR as well and will soon send all the documents to the VAC of Sydney, can you tell me how you did that ? Did you send the passport or just photocopies ? Did you go to a photograph for the pictures, or just at officeworks or something ? I remember when doing the biometrics that they said to join the receipts of the biometrics collection or something...
Did you receive the COPR already ? I see that you sent on Dec 21.

Thanks !