Feb 5, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I got eAOR on 9th December under CEC class and medical passed on 14th December. Two days later my Background Check is changed to "Not Started" from "Not needed at this time"

Can anyone suggest from their experience or knowledge. Also anyone knows when does ECAS access is allowed. As right now its not showing any information.

Please help.

Thank you and Merry Christmas :)

music44

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone please help...!

Asivad - Any input??

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
I do not understand, what exactly do you need help with?

music44

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thatguy56 said:
I do not understand, what exactly do you need help with?
That is it normal that my background check is stating not started instead of not needed at this time.

And When do normally ECAS access comes in place. I am not able to check right now.

Aiqan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Copenhagen, Denmark
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Background check not needed and not started are almost same things... no problem there.. Ecas access was possible a week after AOR in my case but Ecas is not accessible generally now a days so don't worry about it either..

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
music44 said:
That is it normal that my background check is stating not started instead of not needed at this time.

And When do normally ECAS access comes in place. I am not able to check right now.
It is normal. Nothing to panic here.

"Review of background information may be Not started, Not needed at this time, In progress or Complete

Not needed at this time means we have not yet received an application for permanent residence. You need an invitation to apply before you can submit an application for permanent residence.

Not started means that we have not begun the review of background information.

In progress means that we have begun the review of background information. "

Regarding ECAS access : A large number of applicants have reported issues with ECAS access in the last month. You can monitor progress from MyCIC meanwhile.

music44

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aiqan said:
Background check not needed and not started are almost same things... no problem there.. Ecas access was possible a week after AOR in my case but Ecas is not accessible generally now a days so don't worry about it either..
Thank You. Appreciate it.

music44

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joelmath said:
It is normal. Nothing to panic here.

"Review of background information may be Not started, Not needed at this time, In progress or Complete

Not needed at this time means we have not yet received an application for permanent residence. You need an invitation to apply before you can submit an application for permanent residence.

Not started means that we have not begun the review of background information.

In progress means that we have begun the review of background information. "

Regarding ECAS access : A large number of applicants have reported issues with ECAS access in the last month. You can monitor progress from MyCIC meanwhile.
Thanks. Really appreciate it.