+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check Not Applicable. Enhanced security check.

slasim78

Dec 27, 2023
I recently received the GCMS notes and I am trying to figure out what is going on with my Security check as it is the last thing that left.

All info related to security is erased from the notes.

The weird thing is that I can see 3 entries about Criminality check.

Criminality:1 is erased

Criminality:2 is as following:
Created: 2023/12/22
Updated: 2024/01/05
UCI:
Family Name:
Given Name:
Type: Criminality,
Validity Date: 2026/01/04
Status Updated Date: 2024/01/05
Due Date: 2024/12/22

Criminality: 3 is as following:
Created: 2022/12/22
Updated: 2023/01/10
UCI:
Family Name:
Given Name:
Type: Criminality,
Status Updated Date: 2023/01/10
Due Date: 2023/01/06

My legal representative says that this Criminality:2 can be a sign of the security check being passed, would you happen to have any insights on this kind of entries?

I also reached out my new MP last week, and unexpectedly he gave me a due date for my application of the 2nd of February, not sure if the date was provided by IRCC though, I see this for the first time.

If anyone had similar entries on GCMS notes and have some insights, I would highly appreciate if you would share them.
Thanks in advance.

cc @iSaidGoodDay did you meet such cases?

slasim78

Dec 27, 2023
Received my CBSA notes today, it has Security Screening sub activity with the status Received by CBSA, started 08/08/2023 with due date 07/09/2023.

Overall case due date is set to be 02/02/2024.

Is there anything that can be gained from this info? Or the CSIS notes are required to get more clarity on the status of the security check?

bilh1

Aug 15, 2020
Received my CBSA notes today, it has Security Screening sub activity with the status Received by CBSA, started 08/08/2023 with due date 07/09/2023.

Is there anything that can be gained from this info? Or the CSIS notes are required to get more clarity on the status of the security check?
Hi, did you get any update related to security? Due date for security on my CBSA notes was 25th Jan 2024, which has already passed and I am still stuck in security. Just wanted to know if anything happened for you once your due date passed or the date mentioned is just meaningless.

bilh1

Aug 15, 2020
You are NOT in comprehensive security screening unless you know for sure. Call IRCC tomorrow, file CBSA notes. Once it is confirmed that you are in security screening, let's worry about it after that.
Hi, how to know for sure that you are in comprehensive check? I ordered CBSA and CSIS notes. CBSA said security in progress and due date was 25th Jan, CSIS notes said security in progress too. My AR was 17th June 2022 and my security is in progress since MAY 2023. How can I know if it's comprehensive and is there anything I can do related to extra long security? I also don't have any military background, and answered no to all those questions which could result in comprehensive security check as they don't apply to me. Thanks!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi, how to know for sure that you are in comprehensive check? I ordered CBSA and CSIS notes. CBSA said security in progress and due date was 25th Jan, CSIS notes said security in progress too. My AR was 17th June 2022 and my security is in progress since MAY 2023. How can I know if it's comprehensive and is there anything I can do related to extra long security? I also don't have any military background, and answered no to all those questions which could result in comprehensive security check as they don't apply to me. Thanks!
About that user, he reported that his background check is in progress on tracker(from what I remember) - that's not the same as security being in progress from July. About yours, paste your GCMS notes (remove personally identifiable info) to get better. Unfortunately, if you are in comprehensive, there's little you can do to speed it up (except of Writ of Mandamus once you are beyond the reasonable processing time).

bilh1

Aug 15, 2020
About that user, he reported that his background check is in progress on tracker(from what I remember) - that's not the same as security being in progress from July. About yours, paste your GCMS notes (remove personally identifiable info) to get better. Unfortunately, if you are in comprehensive, there's little you can do to speed it up (except of Writ of Mandamus once you are beyond the reasonable processing time).
GCMS:
ASSESSMENTS Eligibility: Passed Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete Other Reqs:
Final:

CBSA:
Type: Security
Due Date: 2024/01/25 ( Does this mean anything?)

CSIS:
Security Assessments/Advice (CSIS PPU 005): Your Security Screening case is still in progress. The
information has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more ofsections 21 (as it relates to the
efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities), 22(1 )(a),
22(l)(b) and 26 ofthe Jet until your case is completed.

This is what the notes say.

gurc

Jan 16, 2024
By December 8th everything was completed except for background check.bckground check in progress since july
My security check was also started on 10 August 2023 and m still waiting on that. 28 months since I applied for my PR application

nupsa

Jun 17, 2019
I have been on background check since 26 April 2023. I contacted MP multiple times and was told that they are waiting on info from external partners. I had my US F1 visa rejected, so thats why I am guessing it is enhanced security but I did get my B1/B2 visa. But this is very frustrating and extremely time consuing,

gurc

Jan 16, 2024
My Background check started in June 2023. Criminallity and Info sharing was done in June 2023. According to IRCC my security check was started in August 2023 and I am still waiting for it to be done (29 April 2024)

gurc

Jan 16, 2024
My security check was also started on 10 August 2023 and m still waiting on that. 28 months since I applied for my PR application
Same here i have applied on 7 of Nov 2021. My security check was also started by 10 August 2023. I am still waiting on that to be completed. This is so stressful

gurc

Jan 16, 2024

Did you get your PR ? Or you still waiting?