13/03/2017
File Transfer...
24/05/2017
Med's Request
27/03/2017
Med's Done....
04/04/2017
Hey folks,
As far as I have understood, the process of background check takes the longest. In order to understand it better, I would like to ask some questions. Any insight, experience, knowledge,source is much appreciated.
* When they ask you to submit a police check from a country other than your nationality, and you simply send the Police check, is that all or do they actually communicate with the police or justice department of that country?
*Do they communicate through official letters or is there international security screening kind of thing?
* in some threads, I saw that on CIC account, there are stages like; started, in process and completed. Is that still valid or is it for the older applications (2015) ?
*Is the applicant informed when the background check starts or is completed via an email? Or is it done only on Cic account?
*How would you interpret " NOT APPLICABLE" for background check?

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Hey folks,
As far as I have understood, the process of background check takes the longest. In order to understand it better, I would like to ask some questions. Any insight, experience, knowledge,source is much appreciated.
* When they ask you to submit a police check from a country other than your nationality, and you simply send the Police check, is that all or do they actually communicate with the police or justice department of that country?
*Do they communicate through official letters or is there international security screening kind of thing?
* in some threads, I saw that on CIC account, there are stages like; started, in process and completed. Is that still valid or is it for the older applications (2015) ?
*Is the applicant informed when the background check starts or is completed via an email? Or is it done only on Cic account?
*How would you interpret " NOT APPLICABLE" for background check?
Just my two cents from what I have read here.
The background check involves a review of the eligibility, the VO scrutinises the relationship and the evidence you have provided, it's also a criminal and security review. CIC has tie ups with agencies in the respective countries to do a background screening on the PA kinda like what's done when u join a new firm. I've heard all these screenings run parallel and report back to CIC. When all results have been received the background check is complete and u get a decision made.

Also no news is good news at this stage after AOR2 so fingers crossed :)

gamzenoakes

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
09/03/2017
AOR Received.
13/03/2017
File Transfer...
24/05/2017
Med's Request
27/03/2017
Med's Done....
04/04/2017
Just my two cents from what I have read here.
The background check involves a review of the eligibility, the VO scrutinises the relationship and the evidence you have provided, it's also a criminal and security review. CIC has tie ups with agencies in the respective countries to do a background screening on the PA kinda like what's done when u join a new firm. I've heard all these screenings run parallel and report back to CIC. When all results have been received the background check is complete and u get a decision made.

Also no news is good news at this stage after AOR2 so fingers crossed :)
Many thanks for your reply.
The thing that confuses me is the" not applicable' status.
I would understand if it was in 'not started' .
"Not applicable" does not make any sense.

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Many thanks for your reply.
The thing that confuses me is the" not applicable' status.
I would understand if it was in 'not started' .
"Not applicable" does not make any sense.
My pleasure.
I recall reading that after in process it goes into not applicable and that's when your done but I'm not really sure.I also heard the VO sends you an email when they begin your BGC. Did u try the calling CPC and listening to the automated status on your application? Mine says we have not started processing your background check.

Reactions: gamzenoakes

gamzenoakes

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
09/03/2017
AOR Received.
13/03/2017
File Transfer...
24/05/2017
Med's Request
27/03/2017
Med's Done....
04/04/2017
My pleasure.
I recall reading that after in process it goes into not applicable and that's when your done but I'm not really sure.I also heard the VO sends you an email when they begin your BGC. Did u try the calling CPC and listening to the automated status on your application? Mine says we have not started processing your background check.
Oh, that's clever. I haven't thought to call Cic and listen to the automated status. Will do that.
I haven't received any email regarding that they start bgc.
So, I guess it depends on the VO whether to inform or not.

Miley11

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10-05-17
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Sorry, just jumping in on the convo. What is the number to call to get the automated status?

Reactions: omo_lylah

gamzenoakes

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
09/03/2017
AOR Received.
13/03/2017
File Transfer...
24/05/2017
Med's Request
27/03/2017
Med's Done....
04/04/2017
Sorry, just jumping in on the convo. What is the number to call to get the automated status?
1 (613) 944-4000 is the number for calling outside Canada, unfortunately I don't know the number for inside Canada

gamzenoakes

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
09/03/2017
AOR Received.
13/03/2017
File Transfer...
24/05/2017
Med's Request
27/03/2017
Med's Done....
04/04/2017
My pleasure.
Dear Janchor,
I called the call center, listened to the automated message, nothing for background check.
Then, I will just wait.
Thanks for your advices.

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
I called this number 1 (613) 944-4000 from India, after selecting the relevant options it said the toll free number is not available from your area. Is there another number to call?

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
I called this number 1 (613) 944-4000 from India, after selecting the relevant options it said the toll free number is not available from your area. Is there another number to call?
Call using Skype, any call to North America is free. I have used it very often and it works.

Aqib2909

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Dear Janchor,
I called the call center, listened to the automated message, nothing for background check.
Then, I will just wait.
Thanks for your advices.
Hi, When someone call to that toll free number - can they listen his/her individual case status about the background check? Than how the caller will specify his individual case? Should they given an option to say in IVR about the file number something like that?

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Hi, When someone call to that toll free number - can they listen his/her individual case status about the background check? Than how the caller will specify his individual case? Should they given an option to say in IVR about the file number something like that?
Yes it asks for your application number and year of birth.

Lebron-J

Jun 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-03-2018
1 (613) 944-4000 is the number for calling outside Canada, unfortunately I don't know the number for inside Canada
They just read your GCKey status from the website nothing special