+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check from "Not Started to Not Needed at This Time"

Alex007

Nov 26, 2015
My background check also changed from in-progress to not needed at this time. Did you get any further updates

hidaaugustaor

Sep 21, 2015
Alex007 said:
My background check also changed from in-progress to not needed at this time. Did you get any further updates
My background check changed to in progress the following day and I got a ghost email on Tuesday.

Alex007

Nov 26, 2015
Do you mean on 24th Nov (Tuesday) considering the initial status changed to not needed at this time was on 19th Nov.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
hossamo33 said:
this same just happened to me! did you find out what it means?
Same here, Jan AOR. CIC has granted me an extension to upload FBI PCC, for what its worth. I'm not reading anything into it, other than someone probably took a look at the file and made some notes somewhere. Best wishes to you.

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
MooseNBooze said:
Same here, Jan AOR. CIC has granted me an extension to upload FBI PCC, for what its worth. I'm not reading anything into it, other than someone probably took a look at the file and made some notes somewhere. Best wishes to you.
im not sure they will require an additional document from me though. ive already submitted everything, and I reckon i dont need schedule A since it does not apply to me!! im at 5 months since AOR! im so afraid of a rejection!! why else would they change the freakin background status to 'not needed at this time' from 'not started'.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
hossamo33 said:
im not sure they will require an additional document from me though. ive already submitted everything, and I reckon i dont need schedule A since it does not apply to me!! im at 5 months since AOR! im so afraid of a rejection!! why else would they change the freakin background status to 'not needed at this time' from 'not started'.
If 5 months from AOR, then yeah, it could mean something important. In my case, the update "happened" a couple of days ago, with ghost email dated Feb 26 (after over a month of Schedule A and FBI PCC requests). So I think the change from "not started" to "not needed at this time" - again, specific to my case - probably doesn't mean much.

The OP's response should be of some help to you. Or, who knows, ours will also change to "in progress" in the next couple of days?

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
MooseNBooze said:
If 5 months from AOR, then yeah, it could mean something important. In my case, the update "happened" a couple of days ago, with ghost email dated Feb 26 (after over a month of Schedule A and FBI PCC requests). So I think the change from "not started" to "not needed at this time" - again, specific to my case - probably doesn't mean much.

The OP's response should be of some help to you. Or, who knows, ours will also change to "in progress" in the next couple of days?
i dont know man. we'll just have to wait and see...ill keep you updated once i find out!

hidaaugustaor

Sep 21, 2015
Hi guys, this is probably not a problem.
My application changed back to BC in Progress after 3days and I got my PR 6weeks after the reverse change.
It means someone is working on your application.
If you like you can order a GCMS note today.
Hope this is helpful.
Best of luck.

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
hidaaugustaor said:
Hi guys, this is probably not a problem.
My application changed back to BC in Progress after 3days and I got my PR 6weeks after the reverse change.
It means someone is working on your application.
If you like you can order a GCMS note today.
Hope this is helpful.
Best of luck.
thank you for your feedback. hope all is well !

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Background changed from "Not needed at this time" to "Not Started"

Is this common? I have seen applicant having Not Need at this time to In Progress and then to Not need at this time.

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
nshakelly said:
My Background changed from "Not needed at this time" to "Not Started"

Is this common? I have seen applicant having Not Need at this time to In Progress and then to Not need at this time.
It is normal that BG changes from not needed to not started. The stages of BG are: not needed then not started then in progress then completed (usually "completed" will not appear until cic stamp the pr visa on ur passport)

Good luck