+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check delayed

nachkar

Jul 4, 2023
Hello, I received the AOR on November 28th 2022 and till now the background check for me and my wife are still in progress, my eligibility is done but my wife’s not started yet. Any idea what could be the reason of the delay ? And how to get the exact status of the file ?

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
You might be in security screening(if eligibility is done more than 3 months ago). Maybe order CBSA/GCMS notes to be sure?

nachkar

Jul 4, 2023
Can you please provide me with the email or website in order to contact IRCC and request the CBSA/GCMS notes ?

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Not sure what stream you are in. if the processing time has passed, you can reach out to an MP who will be able to get you the information faster than CBSA/GCMS notes.

You should also request CBSA notes. If your security is stuck for long it could be that the officer assigned to your case forgot or it is under intense screening.

nachkar

Jul 4, 2023
In order to request these notes we should be a Canadian citizen, so I cannot submit the request without the help of someone there. How do I reach to an MP through the above link ?
I applied to IRCC express entry FSWP program btw.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello, I received the AOR on November 28th 2022 and till now the background check for me and my wife are still in progress, my eligibility is done but my wife’s not started yet. Any idea what could be the reason of the delay ? And how to get the exact status of the file ?
Your wife's eligibility will stay in progress even after you get your portal email/RFV/PPR.