+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bachelors degree not recognized but Master recognized by WES

Choco3699

Apr 10, 2018
Dear All,

I got my ECA done for both my masters and bachelors degree evaluated by the WES, however my report came as my Bachelors not recognized to Canadian equivalency but my MBA was recognized as Masters and mentioned to Canadian equivalency of masters degree.I am a bit confused, It says on the website they take points for the highest degree, besides I am claiming my points only based on my Masters degree itself.
Wanted to know if I may apply as I have the rest of the documents prepared with my masters I have 476 points so I presume I should get an ITA comfortably, beyond that will I get my PR approved through express entry.
Kindly advice if I may go ahead.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Dear All,

I got my ECA done for both my masters and bachelors degree evaluated by the WES, however my report came as my Bachelors not recognized to Canadian equivalency but my MBA was recognized as Masters and mentioned to Canadian equivalency of masters degree.I am a bit confused, It says on the website they take points for the highest degree, besides I am claiming my points only based on my Masters degree itself.
Wanted to know if I may apply as I have the rest of the documents prepared with my masters I have 476 points so I presume I should get an ITA comfortably, beyond that will I get my PR approved through express entry.
You can apply with your highest degree. The Bachelors degree will not affect the application.

Choco3699

Apr 10, 2018
Yes i sent my application, im waiting for my university to get back to me. i sent only Masters.
Ok, great, However when you file your visa, ensure that you submit both you bachelors and masters while your visa, this is what I have been suggested.
Wish you good luck, keep me posted on the progress.

Bhavana AK

Jun 6, 2018
Dear All,

Hi,
I am also having the same issue. Got it done by Iqas. No mention of my bachelor degree. Awarded masters.
Please let me know if u get PR
Thanks

Reactions: Sayed Tayyab

salman2510

Dec 17, 2018
Dhaka
NOC Code......
NOC0124
I have opened an account in WES, my BA Hons in Business studies (2 year program) and mba (1 year program) are both from UWIC which is now Cardiff Metropolitan University, I did it from LSC London.

will WES recognise my degrees?

I already asked the University to send the certificates and transcripts. It costs £12 to get validation.

Do I need to send a scanned photocopy certificates and transcripts from my end as well?

I’m from Bangladesh and I’m planning on immigrating to Canada through express entry and Quebec.

My points with IELTS Listening 8, Reading 6, writing 6.5 and speaking 8.5, OVERALL - 7.5, came to 336 including my uncle’s 5 points and 6 years work experience.

My lawyer told me I needed to get 7, 7, 7, 8 in IELTS, then my points total will be 438 and I might have a chance to get an ITA. Need to get my spouse’s ECA done as well, she’s a bachelors degree holder in HR, and will add 2 more points.

CAN ANYONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON MY INQUIRIES? Would help me a lot