+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

baby :)

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
hey im just woundering if anyone on this board has run into this situation...
i will be traveling with my newborn from canada to egypt, her father is in egypt and has no time to do up a letter of censent and send it to canada before our baby is born since i will be traveling 3 weeks after shes born. hes got one notarized stating hes the father and the date ill b traveling, the due date etc...and his name will also be in the birth certificate as we are letter a long form one. anyways my question is how important is the letter of concent when leaving canada since we never really go through customs when leaving.
thanks in advance:)

jillandmat

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Costa Azul
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2010
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
File Transfer...
22/06/2010
Med's Done....
05/07/2010
when i travelled no one ever asked me..
only down here in Uruguay i had to get a special paper done to leave the country.. but when entering canada and us nothing...

this time however i do have a certified copy by a lawyer letter of consent..

better to be safe than sorry

jillandmat

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Costa Azul
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2010
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
File Transfer...
22/06/2010
Med's Done....
05/07/2010
When I returned To uruguay i left from Canada.. and they never asked me

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
kelsey199200 said:
hey im just woundering if anyone on this board has run into this situation...
i will be traveling with my newborn from canada to egypt, her father is in egypt and has no time to do up a letter of censent and send it to canada before our baby is born since i will be traveling 3 weeks after shes born. hes got one notarized stating hes the father and the date ill b traveling, the due date etc...and his name will also be in the birth certificate as we are letter a long form one. anyways my question is how important is the letter of concent when leaving canada since we never really go through customs when leaving.
thanks in advance:)
You should find out what the Customs and Immigration in Egypt will require from you to bring the baby in to the country. That is your first issue. Once there, your husband can give you a letter stating that you can take the baby back to Canada without him (although I dont know if you would need that since the baby is Canadian.)

jillandmat

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Costa Azul
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2010
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
File Transfer...
22/06/2010
Med's Done....
05/07/2010
you need something if you are travelling alone with a child

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
thanks everyone for replying :) i just wasnt sure if the airline check-in people require for a letter when you leave aswell as returning since i know theres not really any customs when leaving the country, i know there will be no issues with egyptian customs.

cezvi

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 01, 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 14, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 30, 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 21, 2010
Interview........
none/waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 15, 2010
LANDED..........
January 13, 2011
I traveled with my baby when he was 2 months old and his father and I wasn't married then. I did have his birth certificate with my husband's name and I.. I also asked my baby's father to write a letter stating that he was aware we are traveling and the dates we are traveling. It wasn't notarized or anything; just a simple letter with his signature and phone # and it was sent to me via email. I also had a photocopy of his passport showing his name and signature and all.. When we traveled back here in Canada I did the same thing.

None of the airline or customs people ever asked me for those info.

jillandmat

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Costa Azul
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2010
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
File Transfer...
22/06/2010
Med's Done....
05/07/2010
i think it depends if you look sketchy or not...

and if there is a recent amber alert...

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
I brought my son to morocco when he was 10 weeks old... Just a couple thoughts:

1. I had my husband write a letter in English and Arabic stating I had permission to travel with our son on such and such a flight on such and such a day. I then had him scan his passport and email me everything. I carried the babies birth certificate with daddy's name on it. In the end no one asked to see anything.

2. It was actually the passport that was difficult to get because both parents are supposed to be present. Call passport canada and they will tell you the process. It will require your husband to go to the Canadian consulate in Egypt.

3. How are you going to get the birth certain and passport in such a short time? Frankly it took me about 8 weeks after giving birth to be able to get it together after having my baby...not to mention the doctor will want to see you and the baby around the six week mark to ensure all is well (forgive me if I have misunderstood your situation)

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
locolynn said:
I brought my son to morocco when he was 10 weeks old... Just a couple thoughts:

1. I had my husband write a letter in English and Arabic stating I had permission to travel with our son on such and such a flight on such and such a day. I then had him scan his passport and email me everything. I carried the babies birth certificate with daddy's name on it. In the end no one asked to see anything.

2. It was actually the passport that was difficult to get because both parents are supposed to be present. Call passport canada and they will tell you the process. It will require your husband to go to the Canadian consulate in Egypt.

3. How are you going to get the birth certain and passport in such a short time? Frankly it took me about 8 weeks after giving birth to be able to get it together after having my baby...not to mention the doctor will want to see you and the baby around the six week mark to ensure all is well (forgive me if I have misunderstood your situation)

thanks for replying, that helped a lot, im fully aware ill probbably have to change my plane ticket as the whole birth certificate thing is 3 - 4 weeks and the passport will be about 4 days:(, the lady i was talking to said after shes born he can fill out the passport forms and fed ex them over here, well what she actually told me to do is get him to sign it beforethe baby is even born then have me fill out the rest and hand it in. which im pretty sure is illegal. she did mention the consulate thing though, how long did it take that to finish? she didnt mention anything about us both having to be present because isent there an option of mailing it in?? thanks again i will defintaly be phonging them on monday :)

kwabena kwabena

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Let him write the letter in english or arabic and have him email it to you or fax it? that you have the right to travel with the child. Good luck

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
kwabena kwabena said:
Let him write the letter in english or arabic and have him email it to you or fax it? that you have the right to travel with the child. Good luck
is it necessary to have it notarized or sealed from the canadaian emabassy in egypt??

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
kelsey199200 said:
thanks for replying, that helped a lot, im fully aware ill probbably have to change my plane ticket as the whole birth certificate thing is 3 - 4 weeks and the passport will be about 4 days:(, the lady i was talking to said after shes born he can fill out the passport forms and fed ex them over here, well what she actually told me to do is get him to sign it beforethe baby is even born then have me fill out the rest and hand it in. which im pretty sure is illegal. she did mention the consulate thing though, how long did it take that to finish? she didnt mention anything about us both having to be present because isent there an option of mailing it in?? thanks again i will defintaly be phonging them on monday :)
definitely do double check with passport Canada I got a couple of different answers out of them. Also note that if you are in Ontario your husband *technically* needs to be present when you fill out the birth cert. Online. However, passport Canada is federal and doesn't take any notice of that.

One option (though I couldn't do it and my husband would have cried) is to leave his name off the birth cert. for now. That will solve passport dilemma as well as travel issues. but like I said I couldn't do it.

As for notarizing I didn't do it. It seemed unnecessary and the courier fees would have been outrageous.

Going thru your pregnancy, labour and delivery without your husband I so hard, I know all to well (thanks CIC and CSIS - you suck!). I was lucky I had my family to take care of me. I hope you are as fortunate!

Lynn
p.s. DO NOT underestimate the hormonal/emotional rollercoaster you will be on after the baby is born. Please give yourself time to process everything before heading to Egypt.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
P.s. Good luck with eveything. Although our situation was far from perfect my little guy is the best thing that has ever happened to me. It's a game changer of the best kind!