08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Hi Guys,

After my b1/b2 appointment was canceled at the Toronto consulate after 1 year of being booked, I was finally able to call them and was told I'm eligible for the dropbox option. So now I am tethering my documents to send to the consulate.

Now, the instructions state the required documents as below (understandable)
The following documents are required for all visa types:
  1. Current Passport valid for travel to the United States. The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the period of stay in the United States (unless exempt by country-specific agreements.)
  2. Passport containing the most recently issued U.S. visa (if applicable).
  3. Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page.
  4. Confirmation and Instructions page printed from this website
  5. One 5 x 5 cm (2 x 2 inches) color photo taken within the last 6 months. Further details regarding Department of State photo guidelines can be found at: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html.
  6. Accompanying family members, unless entering the United States for another purpose, should present a marriage certificate (spouse) and/or birth certificate (for unmarried children under 21), as applicable.
  7. Copy of proof of your legal status in Canada
There are no other documents that are 'required' for b1/b2 visa, should I still send my proof of employment and bank statement or those are really not required as they are not mandatory, anyone who has used the dropbox obtion for b1/b2?

Thanks in Advance

Reactions: ksk1947

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Hi Guys,

After my b1/b2 appointment was canceled at the Toronto consulate after 1 year of being booked, I was finally able to call them and was told I'm eligible for the dropbox option. So now I am tethering my documents to send to the consulate.

1. Current Passport valid for travel to the United States. The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the period of stay in the United States (unless exempt by country-specific agreements.)
  5. One 5 x 5 cm (2 x 2 inches) color photo taken within the last 6 months. Further details regarding Department of State photo guidelines can be found at: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html.
  6. Accompanying family members, unless entering the United States for another purpose, should present a marriage certificate (spouse) and/or birth certificate (for unmarried children under 21), as applicable.
There are no other documents that are 'required' for b1/b2 visa, should I still send my proof of employment and bank statement or those are really not required as they are not mandatory, anyone who has used the dropbox obtion for b1/b2?

Thanks in Advance
Hello,
Thanks for sharing this.
1. May I ask what seems to be the eligibility for drop box option for B1/B2? I can’t seem to find any information about this anywhere.
2. Are you residing in Canada?
3. Can you please share which number you ended up calling for getting through to a person at the US Consulate in Toronto?
Really appreciate you sharing this.

Reactions: Sanjida29

nvap23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Do you happen to already have a visa in the same category (i.e. B1/B2 visa) from the past to be eligible for drop box?

You should include all the information that was requested.
It does not hurt to include any additional support document copies as long as you believe they do help your case and not raise any questions.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Hello,
Thanks for sharing this.
1. May I ask what seems to be the eligibility for drop box option for B1/B2? I can’t seem to find any information about this anywhere.
3. Can you please share which number you ended up calling for getting through to a person at the US Consulate in Toronto?
You should see that option when you create your profile on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv
Yes

Local Numbers
Calgary: 587 315 9052

Halifax: 902 702 0292

Montreal: 438 793 1947

Ottawa: 613 701 0404

Quebec: 418 478 1369

Toronto: 437 887 1448

Vancouver: 778 807 9660

Winnipeg: 204 800 4091

Reactions: ksk1947

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Do you happen to already have a visa in the same category (i.e. B1/B2 visa) from the past to be eligible for drop box?

You should include all the information that was requested.
It does not hurt to include any additional support document copies as long as you believe they do help your case and not raise any questions.
yes, I do. My last b1/b2 expired in 2021.

Justmeee

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
Hi Guys,

Thanks in Advance
We got our B1/B2 via the mail in option at Toronto. We just only sent in what was requested and did not provide anything extra.
Good luck !!

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
We got our B1/B2 via the mail in option at Toronto. We just only sent in what was requested and did not provide anything extra.
Good luck !!
Thanks, so you did not send in any employment letter and proof of funds?

How long did it take for you to get your passport back?

TIA

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
I booked my B1/b2 visa interview appointment back in 2021 feb and my interview date was Jan 18th 2022 and USA consular cancel my appointment because of bad weather.
I had a student visa in USA which was expired long time ago.
i am permanent resident in canada, am I eligible to send my Documents in drop box. Or i need to book another interview

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi Guys,

Thanks in Advance
any idea why was your appointment got cancelled? also how many days before Interview did you get your cancellation email ?

Reactions: johnsnow13

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
any idea why was your appointment got cancelled? also how many days before Interview did you get your cancellation email ?
I got the cancelation email 3 days before the scheduled appointment, they did not specify any reasons nor did they give me an option to rebook.

Reactions: swan0206

Justmeee

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
Thanks, so you did not send in any employment letter and proof of funds?

How long did it take for you to get your passport back?

TIA
No, we just used the list of documents requested. Your list of documents may be different from mine too - so please check and use your list . If in doubt you can call the call center for Toronto and ask them too.

It took 3 weeks plus to get the passport back.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
No, we just used the list of documents requested. Your list of documents may be different from mine too - so please check and use your list . If in doubt you can call the call center for Toronto and ask them too.

It took 3 weeks plus to get the passport back.
Thank you, I sent in my documents yesterday, only the required ones which were quite generic to be honest. Keeping my fingers crossed that if there is anything else required they will just ask.

Achsah

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hi
I got an appointment in July for the application I applied two years back in 2020 may , but due to Covid my appointment got cancelled so now after two years I got an appointment .
So the DS160 form I filled back two years before is still.valid ? Or should I make another one ?

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Thank you, I sent in my documents yesterday, only the required ones which were quite generic to be honest. Keeping my fingers crossed that if there is anything else required they will just ask.
Hi, I wanna know were you granted the US visa after submission.

mkosh

Feb 20, 2015
Hi, could anyone tell me current processing times for B1/b2 renewal using Dropbox because of interview waiver ?
My documents reached the US consulate in Toronto in April 12th, status was updated to Received on 19th. I have travel booked for May 12th, and in really worried as it looks like it's taking time. Do I have any way to request my passport back?