+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

B.H.M.S degree is not validated by WES

Ammy_Pune

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
BHMS is not recognized as a bachelors degree by WES for CANADA.

This is sad but personal experience, BHMS Doctors please don`t waste your money and time to get it evaluated by WES. This is Case of 1st week of June 2018.

I tried using the WES Canada Degree Equivalency tool and I received the email confirmation stating that It will be equivalent to the first level of Doctor degree in Canada by WES.
But I have processed my application, provided all my transcript as per the requirement. after 3 weeks they asked for my 12th certificate transcript, It took me 2 weeks to get it done by the University.
after more 3 weeks, WES provided Canadian Equivalency :- Secondary School Diploma.

My collage name is available in the WES Evaluation Tool but to avoid refund they provided 12th Canadian Equivalency. This way they need to refund and I did`t get what I opt for.

If there is any other success storied by other verification authority, please suggest.

Tousif_27

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
Hey Ammi,

In one of your posts you said WES verified your degree and now you say it didn't? Kindly clarify as I too have a BHMS degree to be evaluated.

Ammy_Pune

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Hey Ammi,

In one of your posts you said WES verified your degree and now you say it didn't? Kindly clarify as I too have a BHMS degree to be evaluated.
In simple English I have clearly mentioned
"BHMS is not recognized as a bachelors degree by WES for CANADA." Other is for extra info.

Tousif_27

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
In simple English I have clearly mentioned
"BHMS is not recognized as a bachelors degree by WES for CANADA." Other is for extra info.
This is what you have written in one of your update:

Dear Seniors,
I am a Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery(B.H.M.S.) Doctor.

Studied for four and a half year and one year of internship, makes it five and a half year in homeopathic medicine and surgery.

My Degree is verified by WES. With CRS is 430.

As per my education my NOC is 3232
As per my experience my NOC is 3112

In India most of the homeopathy doctors are practicing Allopathic and working as a physician and family practitioners.

I am working as a Resident doctor and a supervisor in Multi-Speciality Hospital since last 4 Years, My work experience come under NOC 3112.

I would like to apply under 3112 General Practitioners and Family Physicians. Coz my Professional NOC is in Demand List.
Are there any restrictions on this type of cases. That Education and Professional NOC differ and still chances to get the PNP ?

Your genuine support will be greatly appreciated.

How come it was verified earlier and now not evaluated?

Ammy_Pune

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Recently heard that IQAS validate BHMS.
PLEASE check and if positive please shares with forum.

Sheetal88

Jan 30, 2019
@Ammy_Pune Can you please let us know if you were able to find out more on the right body providing assessment of BHMS Degrees among the ECA service providers?

May 14, 2019
BHMS is not recognized as a bachelors degree by WES for CANADA.

This is sad but personal experience, BHMS Doctors please don`t waste your money and time to get it evaluated by WES. This is Case of 1st week of June 2018.

I tried using the WES Canada Degree Equivalency tool and I received the email confirmation stating that It will be equivalent to the first level of Doctor degree in Canada by WES.
But I have processed my application, provided all my transcript as per the requirement. after 3 weeks they asked for my 12th certificate transcript, It took me 2 weeks to get it done by the University.
after more 3 weeks, WES provided Canadian Equivalency :- Secondary School Diploma.

My collage name is available in the WES Evaluation Tool but to avoid refund they provided 12th Canadian Equivalency. This way they need to refund and I did`t get what I opt for.

If there is any other success storied by other verification authority, please suggest.

May 14, 2019
Hi every one ,
I am about to share important information about getting BHMS degree equivalent as bachelors degree. Definitely yYES...... it’s my personal experience, I completed my BHMS from India in 2007 and for my Canadian PR process I needed to get my ECA done. I got it done through IQAS just follow the instructions fill the form and send copy of your bachelors degree transcripts via mail. u will receive file no. And they keep you updating through email. For my process it took 5 months but it did happen.and also I got accepted in tha Canadian university for masters in public health program...feel free to ask more questions.... best of luck guys

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi every one ,
I am about to share important information about getting BHMS degree equivalent as bachelors degree. Definitely yYES...... it’s my personal experience, I completed my BHMS from India in 2007 and for my Canadian PR process I needed to get my ECA done. I got it done through IQAS just follow the instructions fill the form and send copy of your bachelors degree transcripts via mail. u will receive file no. And they keep you updating through email. For my process it took 5 months but it did happen.and also I got accepted in tha Canadian university for masters in public health program...feel free to ask more questions.... best of luck guys
Unfortunately you are best to stay immigrate to another country if you want to practice medicine using any Indian medical degree. There also are not enough public health jobs for all those graduating from masters and PhD programs and you won’t be considered for employment that requires a medical degree. Would encourage people to think past public health and consider more general degrees like an MBA or any form of tech degrees.

iamraminder

May 20, 2019
Hi every one ,

Hello Does IQAS evaluates MD Homoeopathy ??

vineetkakkar

Jan 23, 2019
Hi every one ,

We are in a similar situation. My wife has done BHMS from India and we have submitted for IQAS evaluation. It currently shows as "In Line for processing after 4 months and hopefully we get the results in next 1-2 months. May I know what exactly comes up on the IQAS ECA report - equivalent to bachelors, diploma etc.?

Shail112

Dec 12, 2018
Hi every one ,
Hello My Friend, Thanks for your posting. I have question that what canadian equivalency does IQAS give for BHMS degree? Because, I am having same problem with WES. WES does not even give diploma or anything.

R. Hima bindu

Dec 4, 2019
Hi every one ,