gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks xpressentry, that was helpful. Looks like you anticipated all these things and began gathering documents well before the ITA arrived. Looking through the list of documents it seems the only thing I might have an issue with is work reference letter from my current job since I'm reluctant to let them know I have plans on moving to canada.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
gailmargolis said:
Thanks xpressentry, that was helpful. Looks like you anticipated all these things and began gathering documents well before the ITA arrived. Looking through the list of documents it seems the only thing I might have an issue with is work reference letter from my current job since I'm reluctant to let them know I have plans on moving to canada.
I told my current employer that I was applying for a visit visa to Canada and the VO needed my current employment details to show ties back home.

anishtrip

Jan 16, 2017
Just to give an idea,

I created my profile on 20th March, 2017 with 461 points. Got ITA on 24th March, 2017.

Actually this came out as a surprise and before my expectations. I still dont have funds ready!!! :( :( :( :(

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
anishtrip said:
Just to give an idea,

I created my profile on 20th March, 2017 with 461 points. Got ITA on 24th March, 2017.

Actually this came out as a surprise and before my expectations. I still dont have funds ready!!! :( :( :( :(
Well technically then you were not eligible to create a profile, although a lot of people do this. Make sure you can explain any huge lump sums of money (car sale, gift deed etc).

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
anishtrip said:
Just to give an idea,

In the Come to Canada tool, you said that you have the minimum funds but in reality you did not. So you lied in your Come to Canada tool. If you have to pursue this ITA, you will need to explain your funds as CIC will see that funds were added after you got an ITA.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Got mine the day after creating my EE profile. Createt my EE profile on 21st Dec 2016, got invited on the 22nd.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
xpressentry said:
In the Come to Canada tool, you said that you have the minimum funds but in reality you did not. So you lied in your Come to Canada tool. If you have to pursue this ITA, you will need to explain your funds as CIC will see that funds were added after you got an ITA.
Actually I dont really agree with this, if you think of it like this;

Lets say I own a car or smt which is worth more than the minimum funds. I know that I will be selling it in order to fund myself for my immigration plans. Why would you sell it before ITA ? What if you never get it? Isnt it more logical to sell an asset if you are at least at the stage of ITA? Or think of it like this, you know your family will be giving that amount to you for your settlement, why would they send that much money to your account way before ITA for a visa that you may never get?

In both cases I think its not lying if you already have an asset ready for sale, or you know that your family member is going to support you ... I wouldnt be selling anything or asking for any money if I am not even at the ITA stage.... so its easy to explain..... It doesnt matter if that asset is sold 6 months ago or 2 weeks ago, it was owned by that person at the time of Express Entry profile anyway.... so technically they did have the funds...

Thats what I think....

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ezgi84 said:

Lets say I own a car or smt which is worth more than the minimum funds. I know that I will be selling it in order to fund myself for my immigration plans. Why would you sell it before ITA ? What if you never get it? Isnt it more logical to sell an asset if you are at least at the stage of ITA? Or think of it like this, you know your family will be giving that amount to you for your settlement, why would they send that much money to your account way before ITA for a visa that you may never get?

In both cases I think its not lying if you already have an asset ready for sale, or you know that your family member is going to support you ... I wouldnt be selling anything or asking for any money if I am not even at the ITA stage.... so its easy to explain..... It doesnt matter if that asset is sold 6 months ago or 2 weeks ago, it was owned by that person at the time of Express Entry profile anyway.... so technically they did have the funds...

Thats what I think....
And you'd be absolutely correct - as long as the applicant has the minimum required funds when submitting the eAPR he/she will be fine.

Whether these funds are obtained in the form of a gift, sale proceeds of a property/asset or even by saving money from one's salary... such applicant will be fine.

anishtrip

Jan 16, 2017
xpressentry said:
Well, agree that I did not have liquid cash lying in my bank account. I have money invested in the stock market which I will liquidate now.

Only problem I see is that the 6 month average won't be sufficient.

anishtrip

Jan 16, 2017
Ezgi84 said:

Thats what I think....
Thanks Ezgi84 for bringing out an valid point. In my case I have money invested in stock market which I intend to liquidate to arrange for the necessary funds. My wife has some cash in her bank which I would also use to show as proof of funds. She is part of my EE application.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
you can liquidate non cash / volatile investments. you can also sell your car, house, assets. you just have to explain the source of the funds and explain the sudden big deposits.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
preeti ojha said:
hi...i have just initiated my PR process through a consultancy.as per them my crs score if i achieve a basic minimum of 6 band in ielts will be 322.
what i read and can make out from these posts is that 420 and above have a fair chance
then why is it that my consultant says that i have a complete chance for provinces other than ontario
and my scores will increase if i get a pnp.
are thr chances?i think i can score a band 7 not beyond.are thr any chances to get PNP from Saskatchewan or prince edward island or manito
With a score so low it's unlikely, and they are likely telling you it is because they want to keep you as a client.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
preeti ojha said:
hi...i have just initiated my PR process through a consultancy.as per them my crs score if i achieve a basic minimum of 6 band in ielts will be 322.
what i read and can make out from these posts is that 420 and above have a fair chance
then why is it that my consultant says that i have a complete chance for provinces other than ontario
and my scores will increase if i get a pnp.
are thr chances?i think i can score a band 7 not beyond.are thr any chances to get PNP from Saskatchewan or prince edward island or manito
Please dont listen to your consultant. Their intention is to fill their pocket rather than getting you a PR. You meet the minimum criteria but it is not good enough to get you an ITA at this stage. Work on your language skills and try to get at least an 8 in listening and 7 in the rest. This will give you another 50 points. You would also need to consider getting more education and more work experience. If your low points are due to age, you cant increase your age. Getting PNP and a job offer is possible but not an easy task especially if you are outside Canada.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
anishtrip said:
Thanks Ezgi84 for bringing out an valid point. In my case I have money invested in stock market which I intend to liquidate to arrange for the necessary funds. My wife has some cash in her bank which I would also use to show as proof of funds. She is part of my EE application.
You are welcome, I hope everything works out the way you want for you and your wife :)

May 4, 2018
Can anyone help me out - I am pursuing Master's in Canada , but want to apply for PR in FSW scheme for Express Entry. So what documents do I need to start collecting from now - I have work experience letters only. Should my timeline be - book IELTS general , apply for WES and then appy in pool ?