+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Average processing time in Toronto?

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I checked on this forum from Aug 2016 to Jan 2017 applicants who got fingerprint request. Minimum time for test date after finger print done is 13 days to 3 months so it's depend on your luck.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
dpenabill said:
There are no reliable statistics available regarding routine timelines in particular local offices.

Forum reports are too sporadic, too few, to be anywhere near a representative sample. They do offer a glimpse of what is possible. Thus, for example, a few reliable anecdotal reports indicating a timeline of less than six months does indicate it is possible another applicant will similarly have a timeline of less than six months. But it could easily be significantly longer even though routine.

Reminder: average timelines do not mean much. Most references to "average" timelines are really more about median timelines or the average timeline for a small group (such as the tiny percentage who report their timeline in forums). I have not visited statistics Canada recently, but they used to provide citizenship application timelines for processing 50% of applications, which of course is the median timeline. That is informative, since it indicates how long it took for about a majority of applicants, which tends to be the most common timeline for truly routine applicants. The timeline posted by IRCC, in contrast, is largely uninformative, since it is based on how long it took to process 80% of routine applications. In the past (again I have not visited statistics Canada recently) the difference statistics Canada showed between the timeline for 80% and 50% could be as much as twice as long, or even more.

Local office timelines were not available last I looked. Again, there are no reliable sources indicating local office timelines.

Applicants today should be grateful for how quickly IRCC tends to process applications. When I applied, in 2013, the routine timeline that IRCC was posting was two years, and the fact that my timeline ended up being a mere eight months seemed remarkable (even though at my oath ceremony many others had shorter timelines, down to six months for some). Among those who applied in 2011 and 2012, a very large number did indeed have timelines in excess of two years.

Well, it took less than six months for my wife and children back in 2009! So you're absolutely right...no statistics will ever give you clear picture!

Hasan

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyurun79 said:
Did FP today. Keep waiting.
I did mine FP on 1st feb. Today i call RCMP they said we already send your confirmation on 6 Feb 2017 to st clair office. Now i am waiting for update. lets see

Patient83

Feb 13, 2017
i wonder what is the average time between IP to test invite? i can see some people waiting still from october 2016. are they active users or they are still waiting??

Patient83

Feb 13, 2017
I am still waiting since dec 6. Iam not sure if everybody is updating their case on time in the tracking sheet.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FP Letter date is 14th. i did my FP on 21 feb and send to cic on 22nd feb by RCMP.. waiting for further update...

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Patient83 said:
i wonder what is the average time between IP to test invite? i can see some people waiting still from october 2016. are they active users or they are still waiting??
Each case is different I did my test on 9 Sep and still online status is showing in process only.

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CIC today. They confirmed that St. Clair received my FP report last week. According to the agent, no flags at this time so they will continue the processing. Waiting...

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cic received finger prints on 6 feb. Now almost more than a month and still waiting for test invite.

My office toronto St. Clair.

Patient83

Feb 13, 2017
I got the FP request on match 1st, done march 6.
i didnt check yet with RCMP or cic . will do by next week. my office is St.Clair
what is the number to cic to call them and check?

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patient83 said:
I got the FP request on match 1st, done march 6.
i didnt check yet with RCMP or cic . will do by next week. my office is St.Clair
what is the number to cic to call them and check?