+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Average processing time in Toronto?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
2,181
236
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Patient83 said:
Hi willzou. I have the exact dates as you. Same date of aor and same date of in process. Still nothing after IP. I wonder why some people get it faster than others. I live in mississauga and i believe mississauga is my local office. How to know if we are non routine applicats?
Try inquiring via local MP, or order GCMS (electronic) notes.
 

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
90
2
any application that gets unreasonable deviation from average timeframe, I consider them as non-routine.
 

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
4,757
1,853
There are no reliable statistics available regarding routine timelines in particular local offices.

Forum reports are too sporadic, too few, to be anywhere near a representative sample. They do offer a glimpse of what is possible. Thus, for example, a few reliable anecdotal reports indicating a timeline of less than six months does indicate it is possible another applicant will similarly have a timeline of less than six months. But it could easily be significantly longer even though routine.

Reminder: average timelines do not mean much. Most references to "average" timelines are really more about median timelines or the average timeline for a small group (such as the tiny percentage who report their timeline in forums). I have not visited statistics Canada recently, but they used to provide citizenship application timelines for processing 50% of applications, which of course is the median timeline. That is informative, since it indicates how long it took for about a majority of applicants, which tends to be the most common timeline for truly routine applicants. The timeline posted by IRCC, in contrast, is largely uninformative, since it is based on how long it took to process 80% of routine applications. In the past (again I have not visited statistics Canada recently) the difference statistics Canada showed between the timeline for 80% and 50% could be as much as twice as long, or even more.

Local office timelines were not available last I looked. Again, there are no reliable sources indicating local office timelines.

Applicants today should be grateful for how quickly IRCC tends to process applications. When I applied, in 2013, the routine timeline that IRCC was posting was two years, and the fact that my timeline ended up being a mere eight months seemed remarkable (even though at my oath ceremony many others had shorter timelines, down to six months for some). Among those who applied in 2011 and 2012, a very large number did indeed have timelines in excess of two years.
 

shyurun79

Hero Member
Sep 22, 2016
239
31
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canvis2006 said:
Try inquiring via local MP, or order GCMS (electronic) notes.
I don't recommend you guys to abuse these methods. After all it is still 12 months shown on IRCC website as the benchmark.
 

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
90
2
dpenabill said:
There are no reliable statistics available regarding routine timelines in particular local offices.

Forum reports are too sporadic, too few, to be anywhere near a representative sample. They do offer a glimpse of what is possible. Thus, for example, a few reliable anecdotal reports indicating a timeline of less than six months does indicate it is possible another applicant will similarly have a timeline of less than six months. But it could easily be significantly longer even though routine.

Reminder: average timelines do not mean much. Most references to "average" timelines are really more about median timelines or the average timeline for a small group (such as the tiny percentage who report their timeline in forums). I have not visited statistics Canada recently, but they used to provide citizenship application timelines for processing 50% of applications, which of course is the median timeline. That is informative, since it indicates how long it took for about a majority of applicants, which tends to be the most common timeline for truly routine applicants. The timeline posted by IRCC, in contrast, is largely uninformative, since it is based on how long it took to process 80% of routine applications. In the past (again I have not visited statistics Canada recently) the difference statistics Canada showed between the timeline for 80% and 50% could be as much as twice as long, or even more.

Local office timelines were not available last I looked. Again, there are no reliable sources indicating local office timelines.

Applicants today should be grateful for how quickly IRCC tends to process applications. When I applied, in 2013, the routine timeline that IRCC was posting was two years, and the fact that my timeline ended up being a mere eight months seemed remarkable (even though at my oath ceremony many others had shorter timelines, down to six months for some). Among those who applied in 2011 and 2012, a very large number did indeed have timelines in excess of two years.
I am not sure if you learned statistic in University.
As we start our sheet without knowing each other background. There is no filter for applicant to put their timeframe.
when there are over 60 records in one month, from Math aspect, the sheet does describe something which reflect the whole image.

I know politics/law can always play around with the words and sentence. But if they dare to show the all applicant's time frames, I am sure it's kind of the same thing regarding percentage-timeframe
 

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
1,220
55
Category........
NOC Code......
0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
willzou said:
iman01, did you get finger print request, or any request alike after "In progress"?
No finger print request...or anything... no update after AOR... just IP..in ecas :)
 

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
2,055
1,408
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
willzou said:
I am not sure if you learned statistic in University.
As we start our sheet without knowing each other background. There is no filter for applicant to put their timeframe.
when there are over 60 records in one month, from Math aspect, the sheet does describe something which reflect the whole image.
Obviously, this forum has an immense selection bias from the start. So no, these spreadsheets do not deliver the whole image.

For instance, you are more likely to be on this forum if you do the application yourself and not some lawyer is doing it for you. You are more likely to be on this forum if a friend told you about it, which due to a snowball effect makes some countries of origin more prevalent than others. You are more likely to be on this forum if you are internet-savvy which means the people on this forum are most likely younger than the average of all applicants. You are more likely to be on this forum if you got your PR recently and applied for citizenship as soon as legally allowed (as opposed to someone who became a PR twenty years ago without any online forum and now applies for citizenship without ever having used an online forum)...

So, no. These spreadsheets do not give the whole image. Also, this is not a math question but a question in survey design and methods of social sciences.
 

ghnboy

Full Member
Nov 22, 2016
48
14
Interesting, our applications were processed pretty fast in Scarborough office, AOR to test invite in 23 days in my case. They even rescheduled our tests way faster than we thought.
 

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
90
2
spyfy said:
Obviously, this forum has an immense selection bias from the start. So no, these spreadsheets do not deliver the whole image.

For instance, you are more likely to be on this forum if you do the application yourself and not some lawyer is doing it for you. You are more likely to be on this forum if a friend told you about it, which due to a snowball effect makes some countries of origin more prevalent than others. You are more likely to be on this forum if you are internet-savvy which means the people on this forum are most likely younger than the average of all applicants. You are more likely to be on this forum if you got your PR recently and applied for citizenship as soon as legally allowed (as opposed to someone who became a PR twenty years ago without any online forum and now applies for citizenship without ever having used an online forum)...

So, no. These spreadsheets do not give the whole image. Also, this is not a math question but a question in survey design and methods of social sciences.
1.you do the application yourself and not some lawyer is doing it for you. (it's unreasonable by lawyer will be faster than by yourself )
2. some countries of origin more prevalent than others (I investigate multiple forums, and know other applicant from my same country)
3. younger than the average of all applicants (I saw older and younger)
4. got your PR recently and applied for citizenship as soon as legally allowed(that's in the sheet as well, did you see any effect of the buffer days? )


from your listed possible "selection bias", I accept it may not reflect the ABSOLUTELY "whole" image.
but if these "selection bias" does affect the timeframe of the application, then AS I (or you, or other member) am a member of this forum, WE are in the "SELECTION BIAS".
SO it reflects the "selection bias image" under the "selection bias".

AS we are in the selection bias. to US, we can consider it(the selection bias) as a whole,
not the whole image which includes "condition deviated lots from forum users". We should not compare ours to those, right? If we have to compare ours to those application to explain our delay, that's an excuse which cannot stand firmly.
 

shyurun79

Hero Member
Sep 22, 2016
239
31
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My eCAS finally got updated. But it seems to be a bad news.

  • We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 22, 2016.
  • We started processing your application on October 7, 2016.
  • We sent you correspondence on February 13, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

it definitely not the test invite. Maybe RQ maybe fingerprint request. :eek:
 

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
90
2
shyurun79 said:
My eCAS finally got updated. But it seems to be a bad news.

  • We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 22, 2016.
  • We started processing your application on October 7, 2016.
  • We sent you correspondence on February 13, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

it definitely not the test invite. Maybe RQ maybe fingerprint request. :eek:
I think it's fingerprint.
 

shyurun79

Hero Member
Sep 22, 2016
239
31
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
willzou said:
I think it's fingerprint.
Yes, FP it is. Same local office - famous St. Clair. Will, did you do your FP through an agency or directly RCMP?
 

makbar24

Full Member
Jan 26, 2009
40
1
Same here guys . Did FP on 30th Jan 2017 and sent to ST.clair but NO response so far. does anyone went thur same path in here and if so, what was the waiting period? I saw at other thread, ppl are getting Interview call with in 2/3 weeks after sending FP. Plz share, if you have any info??
 

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
2,181
236
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
ghnboy said:
Interesting, our applications were processed pretty fast in Scarborough office, AOR to test invite in 23 days in my case. They even rescheduled our tests way faster than we thought.
Can you share your interview experience at Scarborough office?
How long was the wait between test and oath?
What was your timeline if you don't mind sharing. If u shared in a thread already, kindly let us know which thread.