+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Automatic Visa Revalidation expired F1 CPT

DHP260592

Jan 2, 2020
Hi @DHP260592 , i am travelling on 28th this month. I found another guy in same situation travelling this weekend (Might find more information once he gets back on monday.). i am making sure to coma back before they start h1b registration. Not sure what the impact would be after the registration starts though. better not take any risk. If you wanna have a talk. DM me.
Sure. I'll send you a DM in few mins. It's a relief to see someone travelling the same day.

Thabks
Deep

expressca

Jun 22, 2018
For automatic visa re-validation, does the visa get extended? can we use the revlidated visa to travel to other countries?

expressca

Jun 22, 2018
For automatic visa re-validation, does the visa get extended? can we use the revlidated visa to travel to other countries??

CanamPR

Mar 6, 2019
For automatic visa re-validation, does the visa get extended? can we use the revlidated visa to travel to other countries??
No.It will not be extended to allow you to travel to other countries. It will be considered as extended to the day you seek admission when traveling from any of the visa revalidation countries.

CanamPR

Mar 6, 2019
Hello

Just wondering, did anyone try or planning to try using AVR at Lyden, WA CBP office while traveling back from canada by car? I am planning to take that route as it is closer and wait times are less at the border. Your experience with this CBP office would be helpful

kranthi646464

Apr 15, 2020
Hello Guys ,
I am on F1-CPT and with expired Visa, I have read in the above comments that some of them returned back to US using AVR after the soft landing.
Any one has experience coming back via road ?
Also what are the precautions to take.

apurva165

Mar 9, 2020
I was In the same boat,I carried all CPT documents and went through Detroit
Came back in an hour without any issues

apurva165

Mar 9, 2020
Thanks for your response.
Can I know what are the questions asked on your return by the CBP officers ?
Upon asking where are you going ?
Why are you going(live) Texas if your school is in Williamsburg (University of Cumberland s)
Ans: cos I have a campus in Dallas whee I go for my residency classes

kranthi646464

Apr 15, 2020
Upon asking where are you going ?
Why are you going(live) Texas if your school is in Williamsburg (University of Cumberland s)
Ans: cos I have a campus in Dallas whee I go for my residency classes
So no questions about expired visa ? do they even check the passport ?

anuom

Jan 21, 2023
Hello,
Sorry if this is a repeated question, I just wanted to know if any one had any recent experience.
I am on a day 1 CPT program, course - MS in project management (my previous course was, MS in CS). My visa expired on July 2022 and my i-20 is valid. I am not very sure about my i-94.
My CoPR expires on March 2nd, 2023. I still have to wrap up a few things here and want to finish my course here.
I would like to get my PR validated before it expires and return to the US using AVR.
I wanted to know if anyone had done this recently and could share their experience or pointers.
Thank you.

Reactions: Immi Can