+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Automatic Visa Revalidation expired F1 CPT

Discussion in 'Express Entry / Expression of Interest' started by SGTM86, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Hi guys

I am planning to travel to Canada by air in December, 2019 to claim my permanent residency. I am currently working in the U.S as a full time employee. I have a valid passport, valid I-94 and valid I-20 and My F-1 visa is expired in June 2018. I am working on Day-1 CPT from Harrisburg University. Would you please shed some light on these concerns:
    • I want to use AVR traveling back from Canada to US. Would that be a risk?
    • What documents do I need to take with me to make the re-entry hassle free?
    • Is there any other provision than AVR that I could utilize just in case I am not eligible for AVR.
    Thank you so much in advance.

2. You are eligible for AVR. But day one CPT makes it risky (even if you had a valid Visa). There's nothing you can do about it. Carry all CPT documentation, letter from school DSO and employer etc.

3. Thank you so much for a quick response. Just to clarify, by letter, you mean letter from DSO and employer authorizing this travel?

4. Hi I am in the same boat doing phd from cumberlands. Have you started preparing. I too wanna step in there using AVR. Please help me here

5. Planning on doing landing on 23rd. Will keep you posted when I get back.

6. Oh can you email me at dcharitha9@gmail.com

7. Are you taking flight at by car? Can you email me. I am also planning at the same time

8. I will post on the forum when I (assuming I can) get back. I will be happy to mention my experience on this forum then so you or anyone on this forum can prepare.