Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
Congratulations on the successfully landing and returning back to U.S! I have the similar situation and plan to do a soft landing in later July. I have a question about the self-quarantine. Does the quarantine means strictly staying inside hotels/airbnb for the 14-days? I read that the they will need the quarantine plan including information about how will you get health care if needed, may I ask what kind of information did you provide for that part?

Thank you very much!
I booked a hotel for quarantine. Yes, quarantine means strictly inside for 14 days.
They will ask few questions at the airport which you have to answer appropriately. By access to health care means, if you need anything related to health, is there anyone who can help. If you stay in hotel, then yes, the hotel staff helps for that, so I would suggest to book a hotel instead of airbnb. But do confirm with a hotel if they allow quarantine before booking it.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

sleeplesscc

May 10, 2019
I booked a hotel for quarantine. Yes, quarantine means strictly inside for 14 days.
They will ask few questions at the airport which you have to answer appropriately. By access to health care means, if you need anything related to health, is there anyone who can help. If you stay in hotel, then yes, the hotel staff helps for that, so I would suggest to book a hotel instead of airbnb. But do confirm with a hotel if they allow quarantine before booking it.
Thank you very much for your helpful reply!

Reactions: raxx.cater

Divyak1234

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
With the current h1b EO , will u be able to quarantine and come back to US in 30 days ? I m planning to do the same.

beetle19

Jul 16, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have h1b till 2022 but visa is not stamped.
Copr is expiring in august. Last year when i travelled i entered using AVR and new i 94 was issued with expiring date in 2022.
My question is if i go to Canada for 14 days then would i be able to enter US using AVR.

Please do let me know.

thank you

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello everyone,

Copr is expiring in august. Last year when i travelled i entered using AVR and new i 94 was issued with expiring date in 2022.
My question is if i go to Canada for 14 days then would i be able to enter US using AVR.

Please do let me know.

thank you
Yes, no issues in reentry to US within 30 days when one possess valid I94. The current rule doesnt affect residents of US.

randyaung

May 14, 2020
Hello everyone,

Please do let me know.

thank you
I am in the same situation here too. My COPR will expire end of August. I am planing to do a soft landing before the expiry date, stay there for 14 days quarantine and come back to the US. With the new H1b visa ban proclamation, can I still use the Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR) process to come back to the US?

Please let me know.

vj12

Oct 26, 2018
I am in the same situation here too. My COPR will expire end of August. I am planing to do a soft landing before the expiry date, stay there for 14 days quarantine and come back to the US. With the new H1b visa ban proclamation, can I still use the Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR) process to come back to the US?

Please let me know.
Yes, if you have valid documents to enter usa then you can use AVR to come back.

im2gaurav

Jun 16, 2018
Hi,

I have valid i797 till december and my h1b visa stamp is expired 2 years back. I have to do soft landing in september. With the current H1b restriction is it possible to use the AVR. what all documents would be required other then passport and i797 for the AVR entry. Also wanted to know if the borders are open and if it will be possible to do soft landing by land route in car. Appreciate you reply.

Feb 15, 2020
Hi All,

Quick update, this might help for future travelers. We were able to do soft landing and come back to US, stayed there for 15 days and returned using AVR. Travelled on June 5th returned 20th, only had expired F1 stamp on passport and carried H1 approval 797 and i94 attached to it. Only minimal questions asked at POE.

Thanks.

vj12

Oct 26, 2018
Hi All,

Quick update, this might help for future travelers. We were able to do soft landing and come back to US, stayed there for 15 days and returned using AVR. Travelled on June 5th returned 20th, only had expired F1 stamp on passport and carried H1 approval 797 and i94 attached to it. Only minimal questions asked at POE.

Thanks.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Did you travel by road?