+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR) to enter USA

canadavisaagg

Nov 29, 2022
Hello all,

I recently received approval for COPR visa to enter Canada. I want to do soft landing and return to the US to continue employment before I do a permanent move to Canada later. My questions are the following?

1. Can I do a soft landing?
2. I currently have an approved I-797A for the H1b, but not the actual H1-b visa stamp. I heard that by "AVR", I can return to the US. Is that true? My current H1b expires in Sept 2023, but will have 1 extension left. Will I have any issues here with CBP to enter or any questions?
3. I don't have any friends or know anyone in Canada, but I researched that you need to have an address to send the PR card. What option do I have here? I read about UPS mail box rental, but can anyone help me here to advise what is the best course of action?

I was told to take the following documents -
- BSF186a
- BSF186
- US drivers license
- Company ID card
- US visa (expired F1 works)
- I-797A h1-b approval

Is there anyone else I need here to make this soft landing as smooth as possible? Do I also need an employment letter or is the above sufficient? If anyone can please advise, I really appreciate it. I plan to cross the Niagara falls border sometime in December, my expiration date in the COPR visa is April 2023. I want to be able to spent 4-5 days in Canada in a hotel, and then come back. My worry is CBP and what questions they may ask here, I want to be prepared for anything.

I want to prepare all the documents to go for the soft landing and come back with the PR card applied. if anyone can advise on the documents to take and what not, I would greatly appreciate it.

natens

May 7, 2020
Successfully did soft landing and returned back using AVR via peace bridge in own car - dec 3/4 weekend
Be prepared to answer
1. ‘why are you going back if you got canadian PR’ ?
2. Why did you get PR?
3. Why didn’t you go out of the US for X many years if you didn’t go out in 5+ years ?