+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Automatic Visa Revalidation(AVR) at Toronto YYZ Airport

jetsons

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
hi all,

We are planning to complete our soft landing in Toronto -YYZ airport somewhere in August , stay there for a week and use AVR while returning.
Based on your threads that I have read so far looks like the AVR check would happen at the YYZ airport itself
1) Once when they issue the boarding pass and
2) Second time after the security check wherein we will go through US immigration at Canada end. Will they will stamp our passport, take a picture, fingerprint us and issue a new i94 then?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, what would happen once we land in U.S. i.e at the US POE ? Would we again need to stand in the immigration queue which happens when you take an international flight Or would it be more like taking a domestic flight where we can just come out and collect our luggage.

-Thanks.

rock101

Dec 19, 2017
hi all,

We are planning to complete our soft landing in Toronto -YYZ airport somewhere in August , stay there for a week and use AVR while returning.
Based on your threads that I have read so far looks like the AVR check would happen at the YYZ airport itself
1) Once when they issue the boarding pass and
2) Second time after the security check wherein we will go through US immigration at Canada end. Will they will stamp our passport, take a picture, fingerprint us and issue a new i94 then?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, what would happen once we land in U.S. i.e at the US POE ? Would we again need to stand in the immigration queue which happens when you take an international flight Or would it be more like taking a domestic flight where we can just come out and collect our luggage.

-Thanks.

Can you please share your experience and the steps? I need to follow the same thing like you...

jetsons

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Hi rock101,

The AVR process was very smooth and hassle free and it all happens at the airport in canada. Just make sure you have all the required petition documents with you along with the printout of AVR page explaining the rules. You will first go to the airline counter to get the tickets. There you will need to mention abt AVR to the airport staff so that they issue you a ticket. Next you goto the immigration interview for the US side similar to how we have interviews here once we land at the port of entry. There again you will need to mention about AVR to the U.S. immigration office and present your petition valid I797+I94 document. They will just ask you a few questions like about your employer, where do you live, where do you work etc and will stamp your passport. That's it.

Reactions: cansha

Swami45

Jan 16, 2019
Hello jetsons,

Does all the Airlines allow AVR (Automatic Visa Revalidation) while re-entering to USA. or it is only limited to some airlines

Reactions: neo11

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello jetsons,

Does all the Airlines allow AVR (Automatic Visa Revalidation) while re-entering to USA. or it is only limited to some airlines
@Swami45 Hey buddy .. did you do your landing at Toronto and were you able to do AVR while returning? If yes, could you also please share your experience.

Swami45

Jan 16, 2019
Hello cansha,

Yes I took a rental car from the Buffalo Airport and travelled to Canada and returned using the AVR. It is a very smooth process carry all ur documents such as valid passport,valid I-20 or I-797 with valid I-94 and carry the Automatic visa revalidation Articles as listed below :

1. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-expiration-date/auto-revalidate.html
2. https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1218/~/automatic-revalidation-for-certain-temporary-visitors

Reactions: cansha

Canadacrazy

Mar 29, 2018
Hello cansha,

Yes I took a rental car from the Buffalo Airport and travelled to Canada and returned using the AVR. It is a very smooth process carry all ur documents such as valid passport,valid I-20 or I-797 with valid I-94 and carry the Automatic visa revalidation Articles as listed below :

1. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-expiration-date/auto-revalidate.html
2. https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1218/~/automatic-revalidation-for-certain-temporary-visitors

Hey bud,
What is your status in US lke F1 H1B etc.. Want to know if H4 is allowed to use AVR (if u know any). Thanks man.

neo11

Jan 19, 2018
Hi rock101,

The AVR process was very smooth and hassle free and it all happens at the airport in canada. Just make sure you have all the required petition documents with you along with the printout of AVR page explaining the rules. You will first go to the airline counter to get the tickets. There you will need to mention abt AVR to the airport staff so that they issue you a ticket. Next you goto the immigration interview for the US side similar to how we have interviews here once we land at the port of entry. There again you will need to mention about AVR to the U.S. immigration office and present your petition valid I797+I94 document. They will just ask you a few questions like about your employer, where do you live, where do you work etc and will stamp your passport. That's it.

Can you please share which Airlines you used , I hear horror stories about American Airlines and just want to check , I am trying to reach them , but have to travel back on next Sunday, it would be great if you could tell me if you had any experince travelling with American Airlines (aa.com) on AVR

nakulgupta

Mar 3, 2020
Can you please share which Airlines you used , I hear horror stories about American Airlines and just want to check , I am trying to reach them , but have to travel back on next Sunday, it would be great if you could tell me if you had any experince travelling with American Airlines (aa.com) on AVR
Hi Can you please share which airlines you used? and also what is the process of using AVR

zainali89

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Could you please share your experience?