Authorization to return to Canada.

Usr1997

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Reactions: Chad4lyphe

Usr1997

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Good luck with your case. We just got our ARC refused for now good reason actually and then they refused our PR as well. We are now going through the appeal process.
Hi @Lisaexpat , How is your case going !? didn’t hear much since your previous ARC application , where in the process are you now ? Have they told you why it was refused ? Please feel free to answer as it helps future users who might be in a similar situation ? I pray your appeal goes through

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
Hi @Lisaexpat , How is your case going !? didn’t hear much since your previous ARC application , where in the process are you now ? Have they told you why it was refused ? Please feel free to answer as it helps future users who might be in a similar situation ? I pray your appeal goes through
Hi there! Our ARC was refused due to no compelling reason to come back to Canada and which is complete rubbage. They also tried to say that since I have dual citizenship me and my husband can stay where we are. They have no legal right to say that. I very excited and nervous about our hearing this week :)

Usr1997

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Hi there! Our ARC was refused due to no compelling reason to come back to Canada and which is complete rubbage. They also tried to say that since I have dual citizenship me and my husband can stay where we are. They have no legal right to say that. I very excited and nervous about our hearing this week :)
Ohhhhh how disheartening , It’s good to learn that your appeal proceedings were relatively fast , it usually takes longer . Fingers crossed for you , please let us know how it goes !

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
Ohhhhh how disheartening , It’s good to learn that your appeal proceedings were relatively fast , it usually takes longer . Fingers crossed for you , please let us know how it goes !
Today we had our hearing and won!!! Thank god.

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
Great ! That’s awesome , So the application is back to the VO now ? Or they’re just issuing the ARC ?
How long did the appeal process take ?
It will go back to some visa office to finish processing. The whole appeal process took about 1 year.

Reactions: Usr1997

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
@Lisaexpat Congratulations, its finally over with great news!
I was wondering how does the appeal work? Did you do it through a lawyer? And did you have to go to court or anything for your hearing?
Well, when you have your PR refused in the letter it states you have 30 days to appeal the decisions. Which is what we did. We had a consultant handle our case. He is very good. He used to work for 30 years as a visa officer for CIC. Then we had to order a blue book( notes from the visa office about your case). They have 120 days to send it to you. Then wait for a letter if they will do ADR or a full hearing. The hearing was virtual. The member was very fair and nice. The minister counsel was very rude. But they had a weak case so we won and plus we had VERY strong evidence. . Now we wait for our file to be reopened and for them to request some documents. The hardest part is over now!

david_savard

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Hi,

I have a won my appeal a while back. On the 25th of January they asked me to pay the ARC fees and on the 30th I received the Pre arrival. Is there any way to see the status of my ARC application?

Thank you

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
Hi,

I have a won my appeal a while back. On the 25th of January they asked me to pay the ARC fees and on the 30th I received the Pre arrival. Is there any way to see the status of my ARC application?

Thank you
When did you win your appeal?