+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

authorization Letter

co2020

May 31, 2020
Update: I finally received a reply. I applied so that my visa application would be expedited and to also get the authorization letter.

The Response- They couldn’t make a decision because a required step was missing in my visa application. They informed me that my application has been updated so I can complete the required step which is Medical’s. So I signed into my account and downloaded the request for medical form. I have completed the medicals and I am now resending another email for authorization.

The email also said the request for medicals is because I have now spent up to 6 months in my home country.
Any updates? Are people still applying for this. Are they still responding?

I sent a new email on February 4th as requested after completing medicals but there has been no reply yet.

Bindupriya

Feb 13, 2021
Hi , Can someone please let me know what reason we need to mention in the letter for approval. I applied recently but they rejected. I am on work permit in Canada and my spouse has approved open work permit and kid with visitor Visa.

Reactions: Tarora

Judy12

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Hi,
I am on a PGWP. I left Canada late last year to attend to a family emergency. I am trying to return back but on the day I wanted to board, I was asked by the airline to present an employment letter(it must be a 2021 letter) for my trip to be considered essential. I contacted IRCC for an authorization letter since their website says, you can return back to Canada if you lost your job but normally live in Canada. They still said I need a valid employment letter to return back to Canada. Please what do I do? I am really stranded in my country of visitation. My whole life/property is in Canada. Can anyone advise me on an essential reason to state for returning to Canada?
Also my PR was approved recently and reversed till I come back to Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I am on a PGWP. I left Canada late last year to attend to a family emergency. I am trying to return back but on the day I wanted to board, I was asked by the airline to present an employment letter(it must be a 2021 letter) for my trip to be considered essential. I contacted IRCC for an authorization letter since their website says, you can return back to Canada if you lost your job but normally live in Canada. They still said I need a valid employment letter to return back to Canada. Please what do I do? I am really stranded in my country of visitation. My whole life/property is in Canada. Can anyone advise me on an essential reason to state for returning to Canada?
Also my PR was approved recently and reversed till I come back to Canada.
You can’t apply for an authorization letter. You need to prove one of two things. 1) A job offer or 2) That you normally live in Canada. Because you have been out of the country since last year, the way to prove it is the rental you have been paying on your property (you say you have property), utitilities, phone bills, car loans etc. Anything that shows you are living in Canada, not your stuff.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/foreign-workers.html

Judy12

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Trust me I showed them all this but they still insisted on an employment letter from 2021 to show that travel is essential.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Trust me I showed them all this but they still insisted on an employment letter from 2021 to show that travel is essential.
I can't offer any advice then. I am so sorry. It looks like they are now wanting proof you have a job for essential travel due to high Covid numbers and the possibility you may not find work when you arrive. So you have a house in Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I m a copr holder from india.... can I travel to Canada with a valid job offer
No.

You would need to qualify for an authorization letter from IRCC based on having family in Canada. Do you have any immediate or extended family in Canada? If so, who and what is their status?