+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization letter

seema.pawar

Feb 8, 2020
anyone recently got an authorization letter from IRCC for travelers to Canada on open work permits and kid on a student permit.

mayanour

Nov 23, 2020
Hello everyone . I am in Canada on a closed work permit and my husband is in India. I’ve applied for an authorization letter multiple times but to no avail. Is IRCC giving authorization letters to the families separated due to COVID as they claim? And if yes how long is it taking. I applied on the 3rd of July and haven’t received a reply yet. And since them have sent multiple mails but have no response.
thank you so much
did you get the authorization letter? I applied for a visitor visa and I am going to apply for an authorization letter. I want to know anyone a holder of visitor visa gets an approved authorization letter?thanks

joekao222

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
Hello everyone . I am in Canada on a closed work permit and my husband is in India . I’ve applied for an authorization letter multiple times but to no avail. Is IRCC giving authorization letters to the families separated due to COVID as they claim? And if yes how long is it taking. I applied on the 3rd of July and haven’t received a reply yet. And since them have sent multiple mails but have no response.
thank you so much
Do not send multiple emails. The more you send, the more they will delay. Just send one and that's it. Each additional email you send will delay the request further as they have stated on the website.

It takes about 15-45 days if you just send one request.

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
anyone recently got an authorization letter from IRCC for travelers to Canada on open work permits and kid on a student permit.
Not kids but my husband received an authorization letter within 30 days of sending 1st request. Do not send multiple emails coz tis will delay the process and also send all details in one email. Having said that the authorization letter was not checked at all for my husband at both source and destination airports. He holds an Open Work Permit.

Sparklesk90

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
I also need an authorization letter for my minor children to join my husband and I in Canada who have WP. I believe normally you receive an auto response once the email has been sent to IRCC . When I sent my email I didn’t receive this response , has this changed?
Did u get approval for ur minor kid?

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
Mine is the exact same case. The only difference is that my husband was in Canada with me, went back to India due to a family emergency and now cant come back. He has an OWP. The IRCC is not responding on authority letter. :(
if your spouse has an open work permit (and well established in Canada), he can travel back to Canada. I don't understand why he can't return..

Harsh89

Sep 1, 2020
Hello everyone . I am in Canada on a closed work permit and my husband is in India . I’ve applied for an authorization letter multiple times but to no avail. Is IRCC giving authorization letters to the families separated due to COVID as they claim? And if yes how long is it taking. I applied on the 3rd of July and haven’t received a reply yet. And since them have sent multiple mails but have no response.
thank you so much
Hi, have you received the letter yet? If yes, the how many days/months it took ?

Reactions: 17ha15

Harsh89

Sep 1, 2020
Not kids but my husband received an authorization letter within 30 days of sending 1st request. Do not send multiple emails coz tis will delay the process and also send all details in one email. Having said that the authorization letter was not checked at all for my husband at both source and destination airports. He holds an Open Work Permit.
Hi, since you mentioned that the authorization letter was not checked at either place so is it because he was holding a valid job offer?
thank you for your response

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hi Guys I am Copr holder and primary applicant got 2 dependents copr was granted on 18/11/2020 I’m planing to trave just myself l have got exemption letter my sister residing In Canada permanently. Question is that I have got Canadian visitor visa stamped on my passport as well. So when I will land there will they be stamping my Copr and complete all formalities to get my PR status activate or they consider me just as visitor

StonicStone

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017 (Passed: 20-04-2017)
Here's the timeline it took for my fiancée to get her approval:

Visa status: Valid eTA
Date applied: Jan 28, 2021 (Webform)
Approval received: Feb 2, 2021

I am a PR in Canada.

Wishing a speedy approval for those who are still waiting.

Reactions: Umswa

iambowcreek

Jan 23, 2020
Please have anyone seen a post March 2020 copr holder requested for AL without having any immediate family in Canada and was approved maybe on compassionate ground.

Pls any advice or suggestion is needed as the COPR is about to expire