+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization letter

sanjanarudrakshi

Jun 13, 2020
Hello everyone . I am in Canada on a closed work permit and my husband is in India . I’ve applied for an authorization letter multiple times but to no avail. Is IRCC giving authorization letters to the families separated due to COVID as they claim? And if yes how long is it taking. I applied on the 3rd of July and haven’t received a reply yet. And since them have sent multiple mails but have no response.
thank you so much

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone . I am in Canada on a closed work permit and my husband is in India . I’ve applied for an authorization letter multiple times but to no avail. Is IRCC giving authorization letters to the families separated due to COVID as they claim? And if yes how long is it taking. I applied on the 3rd of July and haven’t received a reply yet. And since them have sent multiple mails but have no response.
thank you so much
Is he looking to come to Canada on a TRV? If so, this is generally viewed as non-essenatial travel by IRCC since you are only in Canada temporarily. He may be better off if he applies for an OWP.

sanjanarudrakshi

Jun 13, 2020
Is he looking to come to Canada on a TRV? If so, this is generally viewed as non-essenatial travel by IRCC since you are only in Canada temporarily. He may be better off if he applies for an OWP.
Sorry to bother you but how long is IRCC taking to process the OPW

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry to bother you but how long is IRCC taking to process the OPW
It's generally taking a number of months these days. Hard to give an exact processing time.

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
It's generally taking a number of months these days. Hard to give an exact processing time.
Mine is the exact same case. The only difference is that my husband was in Canada with me, went back to India due to a family emergency and now cant come back. He has an OWP. The IRCC is not responding on authority letter. :(

Sing78

Jul 31, 2019
I also need an authorization letter for my minor children to join my husband and I in Canada who have WP. I believe normally you receive an auto response once the email has been sent to IRCC . When I sent my email I didn’t receive this response , has this changed?

Hsin2602

Mar 4, 2018
thank you so much
Hi!! Please be patient with IRCC. As long as you fit the criteria they will get back to you
My husband went to Canada as work permit holder in Aug. I applied for the authorization on 21 Aug and gotten the approval replied after 14 working days.
just be patient with them.
I submitted the document that they needed as my open work permit, notary declaration of our relationship and his work permit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi!! Please be patient with IRCC. As long as you fit the criteria they will get back to you
My husband went to Canada as work permit holder in Aug. I applied for the authorization on 21 Aug and gotten the approval replied after 14 working days.
just be patient with them.
I submitted the document that they needed as my open work permit, notary declaration of our relationship and his work permit
Not everyone is getting approved or it would be pointless to ask people to get the approval letter.

kirangr

Jan 24, 2020
I'm on closed Work permit working in Canada, due to some personal reason I need to travel to India for 3 week duration and be back.
Do i need to get authorization letter ? IRCC site says work permit holders are exempted from travel restrictions.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm on closed Work permit working in Canada, due to some personal reason I need to travel to India for 3 week duration and be back.
Do i need to get authorization letter ? IRCC site says work permit holders are exempted from travel restrictions.
No - you don't need the authorization letter

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would bring a letter showing that you are currently employed in Canada.

SALLYMA

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
I applied for my spouse authorization letter 10days ago
No reply yet
He already has visitor visa
Anyone got reply recently
Approving or rejecting either ways how may days they are taking to reply???
Also did you guys apply through webform or via email ?