+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization letter IRCC

ouahmed611

Feb 10, 2021
HELLO, URGENT HELP NEEDED PLS
Even after doing an MP inquiry, I didnt get a timely response and I applied for travel authorization the 3rd time again on 4th feb which is refused today. Please tell me what can I add so that they accept my request? I have a valid TRV (visitor visa) and my spouse has a PGWP in Canada. Any help will be appreciated. Is there any one who has got an approval who is in a similar situation as mine?
Hello, I am not an expert but in the exactly same situation. My understanding is they would like to see about 1 year of validity on the temporary status of the spouse, stay of few months with the spouse is not considered essential travel. So, it might be a good idea to have your spouse's work permit renewed first and then re-apply right away this way you can claim you'll be re-settling in Canada with your spouse for about 18 months.

This might be helpful:
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/12/how-family-members-of-tfws-can-come-to-canada-amid-travel-restrictions-1216672.html#gs.t6lnjp

Manaloto

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Do anyone here got authorization lately?

valid visa and copr
Jan15 applied AL

until now no feedback...
Hope someone will give me idea..thanks

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
The most recent poster who was refused was requesting authorization based on a TRV. A TRV does not allow someone to "move" to Canada or "live" in Canada - only to visit temporarily as a tourist. I assume this is why IRCC has decided this is discretionary and refused the authorization given tourism is specifically listed as non-essential. A TRV holder cannot argue that they are coming to live with their spouse in Canada since this is not allowed on a TRV.

If the poster who was recently refused held an OWP, that would likely be a different matter since an OWP does in fact allow someone to live and work in Canada. We are seeing higher rates of authorization refusals for TRV holder - lower for those holding OWPs, especially if they also have a job offer in Canada.
I got authorization letter just yesterday, it is valid for single use for 3 months from the date. I have also seen people holding a TRV or an eTa going to Canada for a few months and they faced no issues, not sure what exactly IRCC sees when issuing authorization.

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
Hello, I am not an expert but in the exactly same situation. My understanding is they would like to see about 1 year of validity on the temporary status of the spouse, stay of few months with the spouse is not considered essential travel. So, it might be a good idea to have your spouse's work permit renewed first and then re-apply right away this way you can claim you'll be re-settling in Canada with your spouse for about 18 months.

This might be helpful:
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/12/how-family-members-of-tfws-can-come-to-canada-amid-travel-restrictions-1216672.html#gs.t6lnjp
Yes but I got my authorization yesterday, not sure what their algorithm is :/

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
That seems really weird though. You are an immediate family member of a temporary person living in Canada, it is one of the exempted categories, why would you need to provide any reason at all? I am not that well versed with the temporary resident's scenarios but from what I have read, it didn't seem like an immediate family member requires a reason; it is only for extended family members.
Exactly, I dont understand the point since I've read many people on eTa and TRV getting authorization letter when they only intend on staying there for a few months. Because if we were not allowed to enter Canada at this time, they would've mentioned that we are not able to apply for authorization in the first place. They didn't even mention if we need a short term or long term visa to be able to apply for an authorization.

Reactions: Umswa

zeesidds

Feb 21, 2021
Hi Guys
I need your help and expert advice, I would like to know what is the process to apply for authorization for exemption from covid-19 canadian travel restrictions..
I went many times to vsf, they don't have any information with them.

Is there any email id to whom I have to write an email..or online link..
What are the supporting documents to attach to avoid any rejection.
Any idea How long the process will take to receive the letter.

Thanks..

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Guys
I need your help, I would like to know what is the process to apply for authorization for exemption from covid-19 canadian travel restrictions..
I went many times to vsf, they don't have any information.

Is there any email id to whom I have to send email..
What are the supporting documents are needed.
Any idea How long the process will take to receive the letter.
It is on the Canada immigration website. What visa do you have? And who is your family member?

Aisha.SL

Feb 15, 2021
I got authorization letter just yesterday, it is valid for single use for 3 months from the date. I have also seen people holding a TRV or an eTa going to Canada for a few months and they faced no issues, not sure what exactly IRCC sees when issuing authorization.
Hey congrats! I am an international student here as well and I am 31 weeks pregnant. Since I dont have any family or friends support at this time, I applied for my mom’s authorization letter from IRCC to be with me at this time and during postpartum. She holds a valid visitor’s visa. IRCC rejected her request saying that I have not given them any proof that my mom will be in Canada for non-discretionary reasons. Although, I did submitted a doctor’s note, and my lab results. Me and my mom even wrote a detailed letter explaining everything. Unfortunately, it did not work out. I would love to see how you formed your email please to take some notes.
I am now applying for her to come through “compassionate reasons” application forum. Maybe I fell under this category. Not sure and so confused as to why IRCC did not think that my mother coming here to take care of me during my last trinester of pregnancy is no where close to tourism or entertainment purposes.

sandhu70

Dec 1, 2016
I wanted to visit my wife who is a student in Canada. We got married in November 2020. I have a valid visitor visa which was approved on 18 February 2021.

Request for travel authorization Letter
Applied on 23 February 2021
My request was denied on the same day.
Reason for refusal:
Based on our assessment of the information you provided and the information in our system, we have not found that you meet the immediate family member exemption.
In particular:
  • you have not established that your reasons for travelling are non-discretionary or non-optional.
    • The travel restrictions apply to all travel of an optional or discretionary nature, such as tourism, entertainment or recreation.

Any suggestions on what should I do next, Can I apply again? Thanks

Reactions: rose-sh10