+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization letter IRCC

Aisha.SL

Feb 15, 2021
I wanted to visit my wife who is a student in Canada. We got married in November 2020. I have a valid visitor visa which was approved on 18 February 2021.

Request for travel authorization Letter
Applied on 23 February 2021
My request was denied on the same day.
Reason for refusal:
Based on our assessment of the information you provided and the information in our system, we have not found that you meet the immediate family member exemption.
In particular:
  • you have not established that your reasons for travelling are non-discretionary or non-optional.
    • The travel restrictions apply to all travel of an optional or discretionary nature, such as tourism, entertainment or recreation.

Any suggestions on what should I do next, Can I apply again? Thanks
So sorry to hear that! Same happened with my mother recently. She wanted to come and be with my during my pregnancy and the IRCC refused her application for ‘reuniting with an immediate family member’ just like how they refused yours.

sandhu70

Dec 1, 2016
So sorry to hear that! Same happened with my mother recently. She wanted to come and be with my during my pregnancy and the IRCC refused her application for ‘reuniting with an immediate family member’ just like how they refused yours.
Thanks for your message. I also feel bad for you. It is mentioned that immediate family members are exempt from travel restrictions and the purpose of staying with the spouse is a non-discretionary one. Still they gave me this reason.

I mentioned the following in the request for travel authorization letter
Reason for travel:
I got married on November, 2020 in India. My spouse's first birthday after marriage will be on March , 2021 and I plan to travel to Canada so we can be together on that special day and spend some time together. I hereby confirm that my visit is only for a non-discretionary purpose which is to live with my spouse.
Planned Travel dates: Arrival in Canada March 03, 2021
Departure from Canada March 24, 2021

I have attached the marriage certificate, my passport, my visitor visa document, my spouse's study permit, and my spouse's passport copy with this email. As mentioned on IRCC, I am eligible to travel to Canada and exempt from the travel restrictions as I will be traveling for the purpose of uniting with my spouse who is a temporary resident in Canada. So kindly provide me with written authorization to travel to Canada.

I am thinking of applying again. Suggestions, please.

Aisha.SL

Feb 15, 2021
Thanks for your message. I also feel bad for you. It is mentioned that immediate family members are exempt from travel restrictions and the purpose of staying with the spouse is a non-discretionary one. Still they gave me this reason.

Reason for travel:
I got married on November, 2020 in India. My spouse's first birthday after marriage will be on March , 2021 and I plan to travel to Canada so we can be together on that special day and spend some time together. I hereby confirm that my visit is only for a non-discretionary purpose which is to live with my spouse.

I have attached the marriage certificate, my passport, my visitor visa document, my spouse's study permit, and my spouse's passport copy with this email. As mentioned on IRCC, I am eligible to travel to Canada and exempt from the travel restrictions as I will be traveling for the purpose of uniting with my spouse who is a temporary resident in Canada. So kindly provide me with written authorization to travel to Canada.

Yeah, I also attached my lab results from the hospital and even a doctor’s notice. They still refused it. I am so upset about this whole situation because I actually do need mental and physical help from at least one member of my family since my spouse is not even with me in Canada. I dont think so I can ever understand why IRCC refused my mom in this situation. I am not reapplying through immediate family process now. I will be reapplying through compassionate reasons application for her. So, I dont really know much if you should reapply or not through the same application process.
Maybe you can ask your spouse to talk with an international students advisor to see if you should add something to your application for the next time you reapply because if you will apply with the same docs, chances of the response from IRCC might be the same.

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
I wanted to visit my wife who is a student in Canada. We got married in November 2020. I have a valid visitor visa which was approved on 18 February 2021.

Request for travel authorization Letter
Applied on 23 February 2021
My request was denied on the same day.
Reason for refusal:
Based on our assessment of the information you provided and the information in our system, we have not found that you meet the immediate family member exemption.
In particular:
  • you have not established that your reasons for travelling are non-discretionary or non-optional.
    • The travel restrictions apply to all travel of an optional or discretionary nature, such as tourism, entertainment or recreation.

Any suggestions on what should I do next, Can I apply again? Thanks
You can re apply as many times as you want.

Reactions: sandhu70

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019

Reason for travel:

Hey did u had a positive response after 2 refusals