+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization letter IRCC

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
HELLO, URGENT HELP NEEDED PLS
Even after doing an MP inquiry, I didnt get a timely response and I applied for travel authorization the 3rd time again on 4th feb which is refused today. Please tell me what can I add so that they accept my request? I have a valid TRV (visitor visa) and my spouse has a PGWP in Canada. Any help will be appreciated. Is there any one who has got an approval who is in a similar situation as mine?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Since you are going to Canada as a visitor, what is your essential reason?

Why haven't you applied for an SOWP instead when your husband is on a PGWP? This may have positive results.

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
Since you are going to Canada as a visitor, what is your essential reason?

Why haven't you applied for an SOWP instead when your husband is on a PGWP? This may have positive results.
Actually my husband's work permit is expiring in July but he will renew that in March for another 18 Months. The category of job he is working in doesn't allow me to apply for workpermit there.
As for the travel reason, he is mentally stressed being alone there in Canada during this Pandemic and he needs some emotional support which is why I need to travel at this time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Actually my husband's work permit is expiring in July but he will renew that in March for another 18 Months. The category of job he is working in doesn't allow me to apply for workpermit there.
As for the travel reason, he is mentally stressed being alone there in Canada during this Pandemic and he needs some emotional support which is why I need to travel at this time.
So he needs notes from his mental health professionals and doctors detailing with his stress. With these notes reapply for the authorization.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
HELLO, URGENT HELP NEEDED PLS
Even after doing an MP inquiry, I didnt get a timely response and I applied for travel authorization the 3rd time again on 4th feb which is refused today. Please tell me what can I add so that they accept my request? I have a valid TRV (visitor visa) and my spouse has a PGWP in Canada. Any help will be appreciated. Is there any one who has got an approval who is in a similar situation as mine?
What was the reason for rejection

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
So he needs notes from his mental health professionals and doctors detailing with his stress. With these notes reapply for the authorization.
I'll try that but I have seen people getting approvals without even providing much details on their essential travel. Not sure if the doctors would write any notes regarding stress since he has not been to doctors during the pandemic. But still I'll ask him on it.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
I'll try that but I have seen people getting approvals without even providing much details on their essential travel. Not sure if the doctors would write any notes regarding stress since he has not been to doctors during the pandemic. But still I'll ask him on it.
Just ask him to go to Apple tree care and ask them for a note. I am pretty sure they would do that.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Agree, not sure a doctor will give a note on a first visit without ever being treated. Being refused 3 times, you have don’t have many options to show essential travel.

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
That seems really weird though. You are an immediate family member of a temporary person living in Canada, it is one of the exempted categories, why would you need to provide any reason at all? I am not that well versed with the temporary resident's scenarios but from what I have read, it didn't seem like an immediate family member requires a reason; it is only for extended family members.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That seems really weird though. You are an immediate family member of a temporary person living in Canada, it is one of the exempted categories, why would you need to provide any reason at all? I am not that well versed with the temporary resident's scenarios but from what I have read, it didn't seem like an immediate family member requires a reason; it is only for extended family members.
Immediate family members of temporary residents need to prove their travel reasons are essential in order to be approved.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#temporary

• You’ll be refused an authorization if an officer finds that you’re travelling for an optional or discretionary purpose, such as for tourism, entertainment or recreation.

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Immediate family members of temporary residents need to prove their travel reasons are essential in order to be approved.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#temporary

• You’ll be refused an authorization if an officer finds that you’re travelling for an optional or discretionary purpose, such as for tourism, entertainment or recreation.
But it states that a non-discretionary reason is when you are coming to live with your spouse. So they may refuse if they think you are just coming for a few months and will then return. Still seems weird to me that family members would have to provide a reason other than being family members - especially spouse.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But it states that a non-discretionary reason is when you are coming to live with your spouse. So they may refuse if they think you are just coming for a few months and will then return. Still seems weird to me that family members would have to provide a reason other than being family members - especially spouse.
The most recent poster who was refused was requesting authorization based on a TRV. A TRV does not allow someone to "move" to Canada or "live" in Canada - only to visit temporarily as a tourist. I assume this is why IRCC has decided this is discretionary and refused the authorization given tourism is specifically listed as non-essential. A TRV holder cannot argue that they are coming to live with their spouse in Canada since this is not allowed on a TRV.

If the poster who was recently refused held an OWP, that would likely be a different matter since an OWP does in fact allow someone to live and work in Canada. We are seeing higher rates of authorization refusals for TRV holder - lower for those holding OWPs, especially if they also have a job offer in Canada.

Reactions: Naturgrl

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add that the spouse is not working in NOC 0,A or B which is needed for our spouse to join you on an OWP. After so many refusals getting a job in NoC 0, ), A or B and applying for an OWP is their best option.

Reactions: Naturgrl