+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization letter for travel exemption for my spouse

SALLYMA

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
What was the average wait time for receiving the response from them for the authorisation letters?
Also when is your visa expiring? (Not sure if it’s expiring soon there will be any issue)
One month
My work permit still has one more year

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
I just got a refusal mail today saying, my purpose of travel is non discretionary
Can you please tell me what did you mention in your mail as the purpose of travel?
How long how are you planning to stay in Canada, I honestly see that as a big selling point, be emotional and tell them specifically how long you're staying

Umswa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
How long how are you planning to stay in Canada, I honestly see that as a big selling point, be emotional and tell them specifically how long you're staying
My husband said he chose less than 6 months when applying for the TRV and in the mail I sent I mentioned all due reasons. Guess they’re expecting more
I heard they’re giving preference to SOWP over TRV not sure though... so I might apply for SOWP and withdraw this application

Shivangi1912

Mar 12, 2021
Hi, I'm currently in Canada working on Spousal Open work permit from more than a year. Me and my husband has to travel to India due to emergency in 2 days. Do I still need to apply for authorization letter when travelling back?? If yes, How and Where can I apply for this letter?

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
I am waiting for the same I sent one on July 6th and on 19th july there was a new option opened for fully vaccinated travelers whose visa application is in process. So I applied that as well. What I heard in other forums is IRCC will start the SOWP and Visit after 10th of Aug 2021, after finishing the process of Students who are appearing for fall. Now I guess it will be more Passport requests because they are willing to open for travellers starting from 9th Sep so the entire Authorization is not required.
I wish everyone receives PPR soon. Keep us posted and spread positivity

Reactions: Onyeomanacanada

Onyeomanacanada

Jul 24, 2018
Category........
I am waiting for the same I sent one on July 6th and on 19th july there was a new option opened for fully vaccinated travelers whose visa application is in process. So I applied that as well. What I heard in other forums is IRCC will start the SOWP and Visit after 10th of Aug 2021, after finishing the process of Students who are appearing for fall. Now I guess it will be more Passport requests because they are willing to open for travellers starting from 9th Sep so the entire Authorization is not required.
I wish everyone receives PPR soon. Keep us posted and spread positivity
Thank you for the feedback. Can you share the link with the "New option for fully vaccinated travelers"