+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization letter for travel exemption for my spouse

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Thank you so much !
I am happy for you!
I hope I get too, I attached everything that was asked, my reason is also to live with spouse and reunite with spouse
I have pr application in progress but since my spouse is not here it is put on hold
This is the 4th time I have applied hoping to get positive response
Hu Sallyma, did you add that you have a permanent residence application in process in your reason for travel? I've tried couple times and it's still not positive yet, I'm considering adding that we have a permanent residence application in process on my next attempt, thanks

shyny

Sep 8, 2020
Hello All,
Recently My Student visa application got approved along with my husband(SOWP) and kid(6.5yr)(Visitor Visa) on 28Jan.Moreover we received PPR. I have certain query regarding authorisation letter. We are planning to travel by end of April. So in this scenario do my husband and kid needed authorisation letter as we are travelling together and our application was applied and processed together.
Please Advise
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All,
Recently My Student visa application got approved along with my husband(SOWP) and kid(6.5yr)(Visitor Visa) on 28Jan.Moreover we received PPR. I have certain query regarding authorisation letter. We are planning to travel by end of April. So in this scenario do my husband and kid needed authorisation letter as we are travelling together and our application was applied and processed together.
Please Advise
Thank you
Technically no but there are some cases where people are denied boarding. Only one immediate family member is allowed with you and they must show that their travel is essential.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html#travel

Umswa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Thank you so much !
I am happy for you!
I hope I get too, I attached everything that was asked, my reason is also to live with spouse and reunite with spouse
I have pr application in progress but since my spouse is not here it is put on hold
This is the 4th time I have applied hoping to get positive response
What was the average wait time for receiving the response from them for the authorisation letters?
Also when is your visa expiring? (Not sure if it’s expiring soon there will be any issue)

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Di
It’s been over a month since I sent first mail no response yet
Was your trv/sowp approved from before or was it in progress?
Was in process when I sent it, did u receive an auto response when it's sent? I'll advise you to resend it, it doesn't hurt from my experience

Last edited:

Umswa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Was ib progress when I sent it, did u receive an auto response when it's sent? I'll advise you resend 3, it doesn't hurt from my experience
I had resent one on jan 18, even my TRV is in progress... until when is your spouses visa valid?
My spouse recently got BOWP... not sure if that’s the reason why I did t hear back

Kpzbenju

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Finally got authorization approved after several trials yesterday, all d best to you folks
This s for visitor visa?? Do u have a valid visitor visa?? If so did u apply for authorization letter once u got ur visit visa??