+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization letter for travel exemption for my spouse

Shiva1910

Star Member
Nov 21, 2020
Okay thanks for thé link, spouse can travel because of the following without a authorization letter if they have a letter of introduction for an open work permit.

per instructions in link you sent:

Your immediate family members may be able to come with you to Canada. They can travel to Canada if they meet one of the conditions below:

• they’re travelling directly from the U.S. for a non-discretionary purpose
  • they have a written authorization from IRCC to reunite with a temporary resident of Canada (see Uniting with immediate family members for more information)
  • they have a letter of introduction for an open work permit
Could you pl tell me what is a letter of introduction ? My spouse is non-accompanying and we have applied for PR, and has a valid open work permit and visitor visa.

lililynn

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
Okay thanks for thé link, spouse can travel because of the following without a authorization letter if they have a letter of introduction for an open work permit.

per instructions in link you sent:

Your immediate family members may be able to come with you to Canada. They can travel to Canada if they meet one of the conditions below:

• they’re travelling directly from the U.S. for a non-discretionary purpose
  • they have a written authorization from IRCC to reunite with a temporary resident of Canada (see Uniting with immediate family members for more information)
  • they have a letter of introduction for an open work permit
Did your spouse travel successfully with you without authorization?

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
We are both in the same boat , I have also applied twice and it was refused both times and the SOWP submitted isn’t processed further after medical was passed. Our Pr is on hold as well because my spouse is not in Canada even though we’ve passed eligibility, criminality and security , I sent an email for travel exemption again last week hoping to get a positive this time
Hi, I didn't quiet understand why would IRCC reject your spouse inquiry to reunite with you in canada. did they reject her inquiry or did they ignore the email sent to IRCC? thanks

Umswa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Hi all!
I'm outland dependant of spouse who's residing at Canada, we sent out an email for travel exemption on 23rd Dec 2020 for TRV which is in progress since Aug 2020. Haven't got any mail/ update on profile yet.
I've mentioned travel end dates and dual intent as we have also filed for PR. Has anyone mentioned these in the email sent?
I read an article on CIC news saying visiting Spouse for a stipulated time is not non-discretionary. Kind of worried about the same.
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/12/how-family-members-of-tfws-can-come-to-canada-amid-travel-restrictions-1216672.html#gs.pouy7g

Kpzbenju

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hi all!
I'm outland dependant of spouse who's residing at Canada, we sent out an email for travel exemption on 23rd Dec 2020 for TRV which is in progress since Aug 2020. Haven't got any mail/ update on profile yet.
I've mentioned travel end dates and dual intent as we have also filed for PR. Has anyone mentioned these in the email sent?
I read an article on CIC news saying visiting Spouse for a stipulated time is not non-discretionary. Kind of worried about the same.
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/12/how-family-members-of-tfws-can-come-to-canada-amid-travel-restrictions-1216672.html#gs.pouy7g
I too have the same problem and did u get any reply fir visit visa

Umswa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
I’ve not yet received any response yet.
have you also mentioned about travel end date and dual intent?

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Hi all!
I did not mention the PR application in the email. I mentioned the PR application at the border. I think it is of great importance to have genuine intention and documents to support the non-discretionary travel purpose. I am lucky that I still have a valid TRV, which saved me a lot of time. Good luck. Nowadays we do need much more patience when dealing with all sorts of applications. The timeline IRCC shared was only for reference, not accurate at all.

Reactions: Umswa

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
I
I had applied on Dec 23 2020. Haven't heard back yet.
What about you?
I applied early December. Still didn’t receive any response. They say it depends on the content of the email, what did you mention in the email? Thanks