+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian traffic history query

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Dear friends

I have a query related to my Australian Vicroads full licence history report. There are several traffic offences enlisted against my name which are minor like speeding, parking fines etc. However, there are 4 offences against my name which are minor too but dates of offences are after I left Australia. Probably, some of my friends nominated my name or may be my employer. Now in my travel history I stated the correct dates of my stay in Australia. If I submit my licence report will it cause any problem or should I add a letter of explanation with my traffic history report stating that those offences have been wrongly on my name while I was not present in Australia at that time ?
I will also attach scanned copies of my passport pages wherein my date of leaving Australia and entering India were stamped by airport authorities.

Will that suffice?

Or what else I can do in this regard?
Please guide

Regards

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
rollingpunjab said:
Dear friends

I have a query related to my Australian Vicroads full licence history report. There are several traffic offences enlisted against my name which are minor like speeding, parking fines etc. However, there are 4 offences against my name which are minor too but dates of offences are after I left Australia. Probably, some of my friends nominated my name or may be my employer. Now in my travel history I stated the correct dates of my stay in Australia. If I submit my licence report will it cause any problem or should I add a letter of explanation with my traffic history report stating that those offences have been wrongly on my name while I was not present in Australia at that time ?
I will also attach scanned copies of my passport pages wherein my date of leaving Australia and entering India were stamped by airport authorities.

Will that suffice?

Or what else I can do in this regard?
Please guide

Regards
Samething happened to me
Actually i left australia in 2009 but my driving history search of vicroads showing offenses in 2010.
Dnt worry buddy, if they have any doubt they will cross check it from vicroads.
I submitted same report, it included three pages
In last page vicroads stated no criminal offense.
First page details of license
Second page showing offences/ demerit points
Third page is for big offense like drink drive but its blank because i dnt have any

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Thanx a lot rohitsinp23. Yours and mine condition is exactly same. Do let me know if CIC asks for any explanation because still about 20 days left before I will submit my final application and set of documents

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
rollingpunjab said:
Thanx a lot rohitsinp23. Yours and mine condition is exactly same. Do let me know if CIC asks for any explanation because still about 20 days left before I will submit my final application and set of documents
Please check your inbox and reply me.
No need of any explanation.
Explaination through LOE may confuse them, because entry and exit stamps on the passport is solid proof.
And vicroads detail information is just to confirm about any major offense
As drink drive etc is a major offense. So sometimes person may have jail for it so thats why cic asked for it because federal police australia does not access the vicroad databases

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
rohitsinp23 said:
Please check your inbox and reply me.
No need of any explanation.
Explaination through LOE may confuse them, because entry and exit stamps on the passport is solid proof.
And vicroads detail information is just to confirm about any major offense
As drink drive etc is a major offense. So sometimes person may have jail for it so thats why cic asked for it because federal police australia does not access the vicroad databases
I just replied sir, please check your inbox.

Regards

shobhitsaini

May 3, 2016
Hello Rohitsinp23 & rollingpunjab, Whats your current status now, did you people for PR?

I am also having the same problem, I left Australia 2007 and there are around 10 offences listed after that mainly on speeding and 3 on disobey traffic signal, it might be used by someone after I left Australia. Can you people please help me how did you dealt with this problem? I tried to contact VICROADS but they say that these offences are too old and cannot be deleted.

Need your inputs.

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
shobhitsaini said:
Hello Rohitsinp23 & rollingpunjab, Whats your current status now, did you people for PR?

I am also having the same problem, I left Australia 2007 and there are around 10 offences listed after that mainly on speeding and 3 on disobey traffic signal, it might be used by someone after I left Australia. Can you people please help me how did you dealt with this problem? I tried to contact VICROADS but they say that these offences are too old and cannot be deleted.

Need your inputs.
Well Sir in my case I had 13 traffic tickets against my name but majority of them are after I left Australia. Out of these tickets 5 are for disobeying traffic control signals. Rest were all over speeding tickets

In my case It did not cause any problem at all. I already received my Passport request (PPR) last week which means it doesn't really cause any problem. But again it depends upon the visa officer. However, in my opinion, minor speeding tickets and/or disobey traffic signal tickets do not cause any serious issue.

Check first and third page of your Vicroads driver licence history report. It should say "no offenses recorded".

If you find these words on your driver history report, you are good to go.

Regards

shobhitsaini

May 3, 2016
rollingpunjab said:
Well Sir in my case I had 13 traffic tickets against my name but majority of them are after I left Australia. Out of these tickets 5 are for disobeying traffic control signals. Rest were all over speeding tickets

In my case It did not cause any problem at all. I already received my Passport request (PPR) last week which means it doesn't really cause any problem. But again it depends upon the visa officer. However, in my opinion, minor speeding tickets and/or disobey traffic signal tickets do not cause any serious issue.

Check first and third page of your Vicroads driver licence history report. It should say "no offenses recorded".

If you find these words on your driver history report, you are good to go.

Regards
Thanks Rolling Punjab and congratulations on your PPR, even in my case, i have 14 offences recorded out of which 4 are during my tenure and 10 are after i left Australia. On the first and third page it states as "No Offence Recorded".

Did you provide any LOE for this or just submitted it like that only?

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
shobhitsaini said:
Thanks Rolling Punjab and congratulations on your PPR, even in my case, i have 14 offences recorded out of which 4 are during my tenure and 10 are after i left Australia. On the first and third page it states as "No Offence Recorded".

Did you provide any LOE for this or just submitted it like that only?
Thanks a lot sir for yiur wishes.

Well I never included any LOE wrt victoads licence history and I never received any query related to that. I think they are more interested in drink and drive and/or hut and run cases.

Regards

shobhitsaini

May 3, 2016
rollingpunjab said:
Thanks a lot sir for yiur wishes.

Well I never included any LOE wrt victoads licence history and I never received any query related to that. I think they are more interested in drink and drive and/or hut and run cases.

Regards
Thanks for your quick guidance, when are you planning to land in canada and in which province? Can you pls share your timeline?

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Hi guys with demerit points from Australia - were you able to successfully exchange your Australian DL for Ontario license?