+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian PCC & Traffic history

sunny.stiffy

Feb 26, 2012
Hello,

Thanks in advance to everyone.

I am planning to apply Canadian PR, however going through their immigration website came to know that applicant has to get PCC from the countries he has stayed for more than 6months after 18th birthday.

Now I have done MBA from Australia in year 2009 and returned back to my home country in Aug09. However there was 4 unpaid traffic tickets I never paid as I was having no intentions to return back to Australia. Now Canadian high commision is asking for traffic history too from applicants who have stayed in Victoria, Australia.

I am pretty sure my unpaid traffic tickets will reflect on my traffic history certificate. Will this lead to refusal on my Canadian PR Application?

As told by my immigration consultant that High commission will only be concerned about PCC not to traffic history. is this tru or is he showing me bed of roses ?

I am in huge dilemma what to do next ?

Kindly suggest your experiences and cases you guys have witnessed in such matter.

Look forward to hear from you guys.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards
Sunny

kawakaze

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Visa Office......
CIO NS
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
25-02-2016
Med's Request
04-2017
Med's Done....
11-05-2017
Passport Req..
06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2017
LANDED..........
21-12-2017
I think you should pay all your traffic tickets, otherwise you'll get difficulties on traffic history. on the other side, outstanding traffic tickets will be the reason for refuse your visa request (if u want to visit aussie again). last but not least, they will keep chasing you to pay your traffic tickets in your own homeland. I have a friend here who got letter from australian embassy to pay all tickets he omitted when he was in aussie few years ago.

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
kawakaze said:
I think you should pay all your traffic tickets, otherwise you'll get difficulties on traffic history. on the other side, outstanding traffic tickets will be the reason for refuse your visa request (if u want to visit aussie again). last but not least, they will keep chasing you to pay your traffic tickets in your own homeland. I have a friend here who got letter from australian embassy to pay all tickets he omitted when he was in aussie few years ago.
woww, Australia really is a biatch when it comes to traffic tickets.. I heard that before from couple of people too. But why CIC asks only Australia applicants or people who lived in Australia in past to provide driving history as well?

Anyways, this world is too small now and technology has made it harder to excape. You should have paid teh tickets. But I am sure if you pay the tickets now and then ask for PCC in few monnths there won't be any issue and you will get you PCC. But the paper might say that you paid them 4-5 years after... but I guess at the end this is the best you can do now. And watch out for all the interest and fines on those tickets as well. May cost you a fortune.

Good Luck!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

umairz said:
woww, Australia really is a biatch when it comes to traffic tickets.. I heard that before from couple of people too. But why CIC asks only Australia applicants or people who lived in Australia in past to provide driving history as well?

Anyways, this world is too small now and technology has made it harder to excape. You should have paid teh tickets. But I am sure if you pay the tickets now and then ask for PCC in few monnths there won't be any issue and you will get you PCC. But the paper might say that you paid them 4-5 years after... but I guess at the end this is the best you can do now. And watch out for all the interest and fines on those tickets as well. May cost you a fortune.

Good Luck!
Because at times DUIs only show up on the traffic report, rather than the criminal records check.

badhet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
sunny.stiffy said:
Hello,

Thanks in advance to everyone.

I am planning to apply Canadian PR, however going through their immigration website came to know that applicant has to get PCC from the countries he has stayed for more than 6months after 18th birthday.

Now I have done MBA from Australia in year 2009 and returned back to my home country in Aug09. However there was 4 unpaid traffic tickets I never paid as I was having no intentions to return back to Australia. Now Canadian high commision is asking for traffic history too from applicants who have stayed in Victoria, Australia.

I am pretty sure my unpaid traffic tickets will reflect on my traffic history certificate. Will this lead to refusal on my Canadian PR Application?

As told by my immigration consultant that High commission will only be concerned about PCC not to traffic history. is this tru or is he showing me bed of roses ?

I am in huge dilemma what to do next ?

Kindly suggest your experiences and cases you guys have witnessed in such matter.

Look forward to hear from you guys.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards
Sunny
hi sunny..

my boyfriend is australian too and he's also planning to apply for permanent residency.. i would like to ask you if how did you apply and whats the requirements.. thanks in advance

Markon

Sep 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
IELTS Request
Complete Docs: April 2010
File Transfer...
Jan & July 2010
Med's Request
Feb, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 2012 - Updated Doc Sent: April 2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25, Sep 2012 - PPR2 29, Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2012
LANDED..........
Dec, 2012
Hmmmm

I never knew that a traffic history is required. :( I only sent the AFP certificate. Now what should i do, do i wait for Visa Officer to ask for one ?