+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian or NZ applicants - share timeline here !!

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
Sorry if u are reading this for third time. not sure where to post for sydney timeline

My fiancées COPR arrived today! It was in a package along with all our pictures and bank statements that they decided to return! Only problem was the entire package was destroyed and everything in it was wet! Canada post had to out it all in a plastic bag with a printed apology on it.

So our COPR is sitting near the heater drying out.

We are going to buffalo on Saturday to flagpole and hope its a s,oath process. Any advice on what documents we need to take?

Good luck to everyone else and I hope your process is a s quick as our has been

Andy A

Oct 13, 2012
Congrats Figgy! Just an update for the spreadsheet that we received our CoPR today by mail as well (was issued 8 Jan).

Cheers,
Andy A

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Andy A said:
Congrats Figgy! Just an update for the spreadsheet that we received our CoPR today by mail as well (was issued 8 Jan).

Cheers,
Andy A
Thats great to hear Andy!

I am assuming you are based in Australia or NZ for the CoPR to get to you so fast. Do you have plans for landing soon?

Andy A

Oct 13, 2012
rachiy said:
Thats great to hear Andy!

I am assuming you are based in Australia or NZ for the CoPR to get to you so fast. Do you have plans for landing soon?
Yes, we're in New Zealand and would head over next week if we could, but for work reasons, etc, are here until mid June at the latest.

Mel Grover

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2012
AOR Received.
02/07/2013
Med's Done....
26/09/2012
Hi Everyone,

I am a West Aussie, my husband is from Alberta.

We had applied for our PR visa on the 9th of Nov. Still waiting waiting for sponsor approval.

In the mean time I have applied for a working holiday visa (IEC) and have been accepted for edligibility approval but it still takes 6 weeks to process, applied 17th Dec 12.

(I really should applied for my Working holiday visa earlier, and before my PR visa but I was so focused on applying for my PR visa i let it slip by)

Anyhow, I have been apart from my husband for 5 months already & 4 months earlier in 2012. We are tired of being apart. We have decided that I will come back Canada at the end of Feb. Hopefully my Working Holiday Visa will be ready before the end of Feb.

My question is, has anyone heard, read or had any problem with customs comming into Canada while their PR visa is being processed? My worst nightmare is I fly all the way to Canada and get refused at customs because my PR visa is being processed. I know you have heard it all before and felt it all before, but I am feeling exsasusted and depressed, i just want to be with my husband again.

Thanks for you help.

Mlneron

Jan 11, 2013
hi everyone,

my boyfriend (aussie) and I (canadian) are applying for his PR (sponsorship).

he was in canada has a visitor for 9 months and he was there 2 years ago has a worker, I was looking online and saw the fingerprints request.

I was wondering if he needs to get his done ?

thanks for your help !

Marie-Lou

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013

BCRain

Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Syndey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
05-07-2012
Mlneron said:
hi everyone,

my boyfriend (aussie) and I (canadian) are applying for his PR (sponsorship).

he was in canada has a visitor for 9 months and he was there 2 years ago has a worker, I was looking online and saw the fingerprints request.

I was wondering if he needs to get his done ?

thanks for your help !

Marie-Lou
As far as I know you don't need to supply fingerprints unless they are required for a Police Check. But when we submitted our application in August 2012 they no longer required the fingerprint check for the Oz Police check, just the name one. You can double check that info
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp

Hope that helps. Good luck!

JAMIEB

Jan 21, 2013
Hi Everybody,
My Canadian wife and I have moved from Australia to Toronto ON and we have applied for the spouse-in-canada visa, I am wondering if anyone knows how long the processing actually takes, I read the first stage takes 6 months in vegreville and I have the application for my work permit in there so I am hoping it all comes together for us.
I have been offered a job that will commence when I receive my work permit but if it takes much longer than the 6 months they may withdraw the offer, does anyone have any suggestions? I am also eligible for the FSW program but it looks like it will take just as long to get a LMO and application processed, plus Im worried it may affect my other application, I hear different things from different people.
I appreciate any help.
Thanks
Jamie

Current location: Toronto
Date of Landing: 26/10/2012
Date of PR card arrival:
Any problems incurred:
Total time of waiting:
Sponsorship & PR application received November 6th
Started Processing January 3rd

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
BCRain said:
As far as I know you don't need to supply fingerprints unless they are required for a Police Check. But when we submitted our application in August 2012 they no longer required the fingerprint check for the Oz Police check, just the name one. You can double check that info
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp

Hope that helps. Good luck!
I believe she means the request for fingerprints from Canada.

I didn't know whether or not she needed them, but I believe she has been advised that she does need to get them in another thread.

c12345

Mar 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Passport Req..
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
@Mlneron.... I have the exact same situation as you. My husband had to do fingerprints and get an RCMP clearance because he lived/worked in Canada previously.

c12345

Mar 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Passport Req..
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
Mel Grover said:
Hi Everyone,

I am a West Aussie, my husband is from Alberta.

We had applied for our PR visa on the 9th of Nov. Still waiting waiting for sponsor approval.

In the mean time I have applied for a working holiday visa (IEC) and have been accepted for edligibility approval but it still takes 6 weeks to process, applied 17th Dec 12.

(I really should applied for my Working holiday visa earlier, and before my PR visa but I was so focused on applying for my PR visa i let it slip by)

Anyhow, I have been apart from my husband for 5 months already & 4 months earlier in 2012. We are tired of being apart. We have decided that I will come back Canada at the end of Feb. Hopefully my Working Holiday Visa will be ready before the end of Feb.

My question is, has anyone heard, read or had any problem with customs comming into Canada while their PR visa is being processed? My worst nightmare is I fly all the way to Canada and get refused at customs because my PR visa is being processed. I know you have heard it all before and felt it all before, but I am feeling exsasusted and depressed, i just want to be with my husband again.

Thanks for you help.

You won't have any problems... especially since you will have the working holiday visa. My husband is here on a 6 month visitor visa while we wait for PR and we didn't have any issues at all.

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived AIP:February 13, 2013
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Hi Jamie,

Provided your Canadian spouse is eligible to sponsor you and there is nothing that needs further investigation then in 6 months you should receive your (AIP) Approval in Principal. Some people have reported getting the work permit at the same time and others have reported receiving it shortly after. I wouldn't be concerned about the job offer affecting the application if it doesn't pan out. The best piece of advice I will give you is to extend your visitor visa at least 60 days before your six months runs out. The CIC will likely give you a year extension and you may or may not need it. You are going to hear all about implied status, take my advice and do what is safe.

JAMIEB

Jan 21, 2013
Kiwi12 said:
Hi Jamie,

Provided your Canadian spouse is eligible to sponsor you and there is nothing that needs further investigation then in 6 months you should receive your (AIP) Approval in Principal. Some people have reported getting the work permit at the same time and others have reported receiving it shortly after. I wouldn't be concerned about the job offer affecting the application if it doesn't pan out. The best piece of advice I will give you is to extend your visitor visa at least 60 days before your six months runs out. The CIC will likely give you a year extension and you may or may not need it. You are going to hear all about implied status, take my advice and do what is safe.
Hi Kiwi,
Thanks so much for the response and the info, This puts me at ease a little. My spouse is eligible to sponsor and im hoping everything else is good, its pretty much all the stuff we used to get her Australian visa 4 years ago. I don't know what implied status is so I think Ill take your advice, As far as extending my Visa with CIC do I have to leave the country to do this or is it just something I can contact them for?
Thanks Again for your help.
Jamie