+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian or NZ applicants - share timeline here !!

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived AIP:February 13, 2013
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Hi Jamie,

The application to extend your stay is on the CIC website and it gets mailed to Vegreville. You must pay for it in advance as you did with your PR application. You cannot leave the country if you are doing an inland application. You must wait until you get your Permanent Residency. Leaving the country can jeopardize the application. In the application they ask you how you are supporting yourself and you just need to let them know your wife is supporting you. I just wrote a letter and enclosed it in my husband's application stating that I was supporting him. When they ask you why you need to extend the visitor visa you simply state that you have a Spousal Sponsorship PR application in process and indicate when it was mailed. When you do get your AIP and then apply for your work permit and obtain it, your visitor visa will become void. Good luck to you.

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived AIP:February 13, 2013
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Hi Jamie,

I just assumed your wife is working. If she is not then you just need to state on the application how you are supporting yourself. If it is via your wife, then she can write a letter stating that and enclose it.

Mlneron

Jan 11, 2013
c12345 said:
@ Mlneron.... I have the exact same situation as you. My husband had to do fingerprints and get an RCMP clearance because he lived/worked in Canada previously.
Did he get them done in Canada and send it with your application ?

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED :)
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 9 :)
If anyone has had an interview and wouldn't mind filling out this survey :) I am trying to see if what I heard is correct. What I heard is that if your status changes to in-process before you are asked for an interview, you probably won't have an interview. The more people that fill this out, the more well rounded the results will be. :)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N79DJW3

Once I have a larger number of responses, I'll post a nice little post with the results thus far.

Good luck to all of us in this immigration process!!

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
CharlizeRai said:
If anyone has had an interview and wouldn't mind filling out this survey :) I am trying to see if what I heard is correct. What I heard is that if your status changes to in-process before you are asked for an interview, you probably won't have an interview. The more people that fill this out, the more well rounded the results will be. :)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N79DJW3

Once I have a larger number of responses, I'll post a nice little post with the results thus far.

Good luck to all of us in this immigration process!!
If you look at the Sydney spreadsheet no one has had an interview in over a year, so everyone's status changed to in process without an interview.

BCRain

Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Syndey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
05-07-2012
chipits said:
I believe she means the request for fingerprints from Canada.

I didn't know whether or not she needed them, but I believe she has been advised that she does need to get them in another thread.
My partner has previously worked in Canada but we didn't send in a Canadian police check-not sure if I didn't even think to include it, or missed something major!?! (having minor panic attack)
I just read this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp
Have you been asked specifically to supply it?

Now I'm worried we are missing this from our application and that it will slow everything up. E-cas is still showing 'application received' for ours...Any suggestions?

c12345

Mar 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Passport Req..
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
BCRain said:
My partner has previously worked in Canada but we didn't send in a Canadian police check-not sure if I didn't even think to include it, or missed something major!?! (having minor panic attack)
I just read this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp
Have you been asked specifically to supply it?

Now I'm worried we are missing this from our application and that it will slow everything up. E-cas is still showing 'application received' for ours...Any suggestions?
Hi there, How long did your partner work in Canada for?
We sent our application off on August 28th and then I sent my husband's RCMP clearance to Sydney separately in November. My immigration consultant said it was fine to send it off later on. The clearance only took about a week for us to receive and I mailed it off right away. My advice would be to get the clearance and send it off to avoid any delays.

- Caroline

Mel Grover

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2012
AOR Received.
02/07/2013
Med's Done....
26/09/2012
c12345 said:
You won't have any problems... especially since you will have the working holiday visa. My husband is here on a 6 month visitor visa while we wait for PR and we didn't have any issues at all.
Thanks C12345, that makes me feel a bit more comfortable.

Our docs were received on the 9th of Nov but we havent received sponsor approve, still havent received AOR, cannot log in to CIC using receipt number and it has been 75 days. Starting to stress a bit now.... website says its still processing applications from the 9th of Nov though. Once it ticks over to the 10th, I think i might have to get my husband to call.

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
I have lived and worked in canada for 4 years and have just been approved without sending a Canadian police record. Unless they changed the rules since July when i sent my app in you do not need to submit it, they will look it up themselves.

c12345

Mar 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Passport Req..
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
Mel Grover said:
Thanks C12345, that makes me feel a bit more comfortable.

Our docs were received on the 9th of Nov but we havent received sponsor approve, still havent received AOR, cannot log in to CIC using receipt number and it has been 75 days. Starting to stress a bit now.... website says its still processing applications from the 9th of Nov though. Once it ticks over to the 10th, I think i might have to get my husband to call.
Hi Mel,
Don't worry too much, you should get sponsor approval any day now. I would assume that CIC would be a few days behind given the Christmas holidays. Once you get sponsor approval, the package will get sent to Sydney. Once Sydney receives it they will send you an email and a link to track the application with a new UCI #. I am the most anxious person and have checked it everyday since ...lol.

Keratzlaff

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Hello, so My spouse is a Kiwi and i am a canadian sponsoring him, we are living in new zealand right now, but he lived with me in canada and worked there for a year and are about to send off our spouse visa application, We have his criminal record for Newzealand but we have nothing for canada.......... if he needs to get fingerprints or get his crim check would we have to fly back to canada?!?!?! we didnt get his crim check done while we were in canada cause we were told immigration canada looks it up for you? I am confused!

JAMIEB

Jan 21, 2013
Kiwi12 said:
Hi Jamie,

I just assumed your wife is working. If she is not then you just need to state on the application how you are supporting yourself. If it is via your wife, then she can write a letter stating that and enclose it.
Yeah my wife is currently supporting us along with some of our savings. Her wages was enough to qualify her as a sponsor so I dont see that being an issue.... Hopefully. Im really happy i found this forum it has so much great information.
Thanks for all the help

Keratzlaff

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
i answered my own question, you dont need to provide a canadian crim checkhttp://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Thought I'd post here too.....

Pretty happy today! Just checked e-cas and we're finally "In Process" it says they started processing on Jan 15. :D

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Canstralian/Oznadian said:
Thought I'd post here too.....

Pretty happy today! Just checked e-cas and we're finally "In Process" it says they started processing on Jan 15. :D
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Congratulations! That means your COPR is just around the corner!