+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australia Immigration

theNovice

Jul 9, 2016
Hi jairichi, please answer my questions.

1. I have 3 yr Bachelors degree (in Maths, Physics and Chemistry) and a 3 yrs Master of Computer Applications PG. I am working for a company as Software engineer for last 8 yrs, all in single company. Now in my Assessment, does ACS reduce 3 yrs of experience as my Bachelors degree is not related to my work experience? Lot will depend on this outcome because I may not get enough points if I lose some of my 8 yrs genuine experience.

2. For the experience assessment, just Statutory declaration from my supervisor is sufficient or a self declaration is also mandatory. I can backup this experience with initial offer letter, pay stubs, promotion letters etc.

3. Is separate declaration needed, one for period of Employment and other for R&R? Just once declaration giving whole detail will do?

Thanks in advance.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jwmcgill said:
Received ACS + report on 26th June. I have similar educational background - BE and MS in Computer Science and filed ACS under 261312. Still ACS deducted 2 years of experience. Personally, it is not a huge concern to me.
Good. Congrats for getting a positive assessment.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theNovice said:
Hi jairichi, please answer my questions.

1. I have 3 yr Bachelors degree (in Maths, Physics and Chemistry) and a 3 yrs Master of Computer Applications PG. I am working for a company as Software engineer for last 8 yrs, all in single company. Now in my Assessment, does ACS reduce 3 yrs of experience as my Bachelors degree is not related to my work experience? Lot will depend on this outcome because I may not get enough points if I lose some of my 8 yrs genuine experience.

2. For the experience assessment, just Statutory declaration from my supervisor is sufficient or a self declaration is also mandatory. I can backup this experience with initial offer letter, pay stubs, promotion letters etc.

3. Is separate declaration needed, one for period of Employment and other for R&R? Just once declaration giving whole detail will do?

Thanks in advance.
1. In my opinion you might get 2 years reduced from your work experience. Even if they deduct 3 years you are still on safer side as points are given based on 3 years or 5 years or 8 years of work experience.
2. Statutory declaration from your supervisor with detailed R&Rs as one document. This should be backed with offer or appointment letter, pay stubs or bank statements or tax returns.
3. As one document.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faridshariff said:
Guys i need help with my Aus application:

Exam appeared : May 2011 (Cleared)
Job started : June 2011
Convocation : July 2012

Now my Engineers Australia skills assessment says cleared in July 2012, means eligible to work July 2012 onward. However, all my documents from my employer are from June 2011. Shall I go ahead and apply or will there be any issue at a later stage.
Your work experience from before July 2012 will not be considered for points.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Musikwala said:
If that is the case, then both my wife and I are in the 0.3%. I seriously doubt if that percentage is true. :)
Don't think you and your wife are that special. 0.3% of all exam takers is a LOT of people - getting 8 in all sections isn't all that difficult for a determined individual.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jairichi said:
1. In my opinion you might get 2 years reduced from your work experience. Even if they deduct 3 years you are still on safer side as points are given based on 3 years or 5 years or 8 years of work experience.
Sorry to interrupt, but what matters is whether his degree is relevant, not anyone's opinion.

And there's nothing like deducting 3 years. It's either 2 or 4 ( or more in other cases, up to max 8 ).

If his degree is indeed not closely related, the answer is 4 years deduction.

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thejkhan said:
Your work experience from before July 2012 will not be considered for points.
My exp:

Company 1 : June 2011 to Aug 2013 - 2yr 3mn
Company 2 : Aug 2013 to present - 2yr 10mn

Will they ignore Company 1 completely? or will consider 1yr 3mn only of it?

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faridshariff said:
My exp:

Company 1 : June 2011 to Aug 2013 - 2yr 3mn
Company 2 : Aug 2013 to present - 2yr 10mn

Will they ignore Company 1 completely? or will consider 1yr 3mn only of it?
Not completely - will consider everything from July 2012 onward (as long as it's relevant to nominated occupation).

theNovice

Jul 9, 2016
thejkhan said:
Sorry to interrupt, but what matters is whether his degree is relevant, not anyone's opinion.

And there's nothing like deducting 3 years. It's either 2 or 4 ( or more in other cases, up to max 8 ).

Hi thejkhan, my 3 yr bachelor's degree is not closely related to work(software engineer). However, Master's is related.... just wondering how can we come up with 4 yrs deduction..

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thejkhan said:

For the person who asked that question I think my opinion matters. I never tell anyone that my opinion is something that is followed during immigration. If no one's opinion matters why are you in a forum like this and why do you provide an opinion? I am just providing some basic information I have for members to have an alternate path to immigration other than Canada.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thejkhan said:

And, for your information it is not a strict 2 or 4 years or max 8 years deduction. For me it was just 1 year. It depends on individual case.

theNovice

Jul 9, 2016
jairichi said:
2. Statutory declaration from your supervisor with detailed R&Rs as one document. This should be backed with offer or appointment letter, pay stubs or bank statements or tax returns.
3. As one document.
Thanks jairichi!

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
curious_toad said:
Australia is one option if Canada is not feasible but there too will be challenges, see below link with comments.

http://blog.sydneybybyron.com/2009/12/why-do-immigrants-leave-australia.html
Thanks for the link. All the 6 reasons are applicable to any country where people immigrate. There will be more reasons based on individual situation. And, the blogger specifically speaks about Sydney which is one city in Australia and not entire Australia. Having lived abroad in many countries on student visa and on work visa I do not care about 1 & 2. 5 & 6 do not apply to me as I am neither a teenager nor have a kid who goes to school. I have a 2 year old daughter who will enter school later. Reason 3 again does not apply to us as we have enough savings to take care of us at least for 6 months to a year or more without work. With the educational qualifications and work experience we have in multiple countries we just brush aside reason 4. Even if one of us gets a job we are fine with it. This is our situation. As currently pointed out by curious_toad there are challenges everywhere and everyone should assess their situation by discussing with families, friends and in forums and later decide about taking the plunge for Australian PR (actually immigration to any country on a visa).