+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australia Immigration

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have Masters in Mechanical Engineering but am a software engineer al through my professional career, 10 years. How many points would I get for my experience?

I know it depends on the assessment agency but just want to get an idea of how many years I would loose for irrelevancy of my education to my profession.

This will be my driving point in choosing whether I consider Aus Immi or not.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ldrbjp said:
I have Masters in Mechanical Engineering but am a software engineer al through my professional career, 10 years. How many points would I get for my experience?

I know it depends on the assessment agency but just want to get an idea of how many years I would loose for irrelevancy of my education to my profession.

This will be my driving point in choosing whether I consider Aus Immi or not.
6 years (must be related to nominated occupation!) will be eaten up by ACS + submit an RPL (recognition of prior learning) application to ACS.

If ACS recognizes 6 years of your experience as closely related AND your RPL application is successful, you will get a +ve assessment (note this does not guarantee PR, it's only skills assessment to get recognized as an ICT professional).

Afterward, if at least 3 of the remaining 4 years is closely related to your nominated ICT occupation, you will get 5 points for experience. But the experience that you use to get points must be within the last 10 years.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thejkhan said:
6 years (must be related to nominated occupation!) will be eaten up by ACS + submit an RPL (recognition of prior learning) application to ACS.

If ACS recognizes 6 years of your experience as closely related AND your RPL application is successful, you will get a +ve assessment (note this does not guarantee PR, it's only skills assessment to get recognized as an ICT professional).

Afterward, if at least 3 of the remaining 4 years is closely related to your nominated ICT occupation, you will get 5 points for experience. But the experience that you use to get points must be within the last 10 years.
Thank you Thejkhan.. That makes me think why should I even try Aus Immi :(

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
deadbird said:
If you are applying for ACS accreditation, you will need 2 years minimum work experience regardless of how many ever points you calculate.
Can't get assessed from ACS as my occupation is accountant.

It seems as if Australia doesn't work like Canada where you get the degree assessed separately and experience is looked at my CIC itself.

So unsure of the process atm.

I have just over a year of experience and CPA is the assessment body who need core competency courses which I don't have

FORESIGHT

Aug 27, 2015
I have a question, is it in all cases that the CO will request for Payslip and Bank statements for previous employments?
Out of my 13year work experience, 5yrs is in the Banking Sector.
I have HND Accounting, A Chartered Accountant in Nigeria, Will this make CPA reduce my years of work experience?
@Jairichi and other seniors can give a reply.
I thank you.

FORESIGHT

Aug 27, 2015
Dear e-family, I will appreciate reply from anyone who has experience.
FORESIGHT said:
I have a question, is it in all cases that the CO will request for Payslip and Bank statements for previous employments?
Out of my 13year work experience, 5yrs is in the Banking Sector.
I have HND Accounting, A Chartered Accountant in Nigeria, Will this make CPA reduce my years of work experience?
@Jairichi and other seniors can give a reply.
I thank you.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensharm said:
can anyone please confirm me if band 7 in each section of ielts is mandatory to apply?
Thanks!!
Depends. Some occupation like doctor, nurse, pharmacist, etc requires band 7 in each component.

FORESIGHT

Aug 27, 2015
@ SFKAS I am also an Accountant. it is obvious that I will be assessed by CPA. Do you have an idea of the core courses? will CPA also be the body to assess my Banking years of experience?
Just to know if I will have a favourable assessment. HND Accounting, Bsc Finance, A chartered Accountant in Nigeria and about 8yrs work experience in Accounting and 5year in Banking.
PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU KNOW.

SFKAS said:
Can't get assessed from ACS as my occupation is accountant.

It seems as if Australia doesn't work like Canada where you get the degree assessed separately and experience is looked at my CIC itself.

So unsure of the process atm.

I have just over a year of experience and CPA is the assessment body who need core competency courses which I don't have

vensharm

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Thanks....do you know if it's mandatory for software architect/ development line and if there is any link which i can go through for details specific to this point.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensharm said:
Thanks....do you know if it's mandatory for software architect/ development line and if there is any link which i can go through for details specific to this point.
Probably not, but without 7 in each you will most likely not have enough points (because you will get 0 for English).

ziffyasif

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Ghaziabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2174 - Software Game Developer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2017
Nomination.....
04-12-2016
Hi,

I was thinking about getting the ACS done while I wait for Ontario nomination. I got the documents photocopied and notarized but I have a confusion. The notary stamped "Photocopy Attested" instead of "True Copy of the Original". I wanted to find out if it would still be ok to upload these documents or the wordings have to be exact. The other requirements are fulfilled like the name, date, registration, sign etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Asif

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ziffyasif said:
Hi,

I was thinking about getting the ACS done while I wait for Ontario nomination. I got the documents photocopied and notarized but I have a confusion. The notary stamped "Photocopy Attested" instead of "True Copy of the Original". I wanted to find out if it would still be ok to upload these documents or the wordings have to be exact. The other requirements are fulfilled like the name, date, registration, sign etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Asif
Better to have it the way it is required. Get a rubber stamp made and stamp it in front of notary.

vensharm

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
@jairichi:- Can i ask you that was your score for applying 189 visa. When i try to calculate mine it says 60 and mentions tht i meet the requirement but i am not sure if this is a good score to apply?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensharm said:
@jairichi:- Can i ask you that was your score for applying 189 visa. When i try to calculate mine it says 60 and mentions tht i meet the requirement but i am not sure if this is a good score to apply?
In my case my wife was primary applicant. Software engineer. 261313 code. 70 points. Invitation was immediate.
Everything depends on occupation. What is your occupation?