+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August CEC Applicants

micsmile

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
So they said they sent it out on December 6th but I dont know to where lol. I put my home address when I responded to my email but I have a representative and they used their mailing address and they said my representative would be the first point of contact for anything so I am just waiting to see what happens.
Keep bombarding your representative with messages to look at his/her mail box lol

micsmile

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
I did emailed too. So, that is what I got from the agent. She said:

The letter is ready for me and it's in Ottawa. The reason I am not getting it because of the traffic. Meaning, they're clearing out the traffic prior applications. Now, it would take 4 weeks to get the passport back, earlier it used to be 10 days. So, if they ask for it now, then it would take 4 weeks or more. So, they're waiting to clear those. Plus, it's a holiday season.

She can't say when I will get it, but she assured that I am approved, it's just the email that they will send at any time. Not sure when.
Then maybe yours will undergo normal process? Well, it’s still too early to tell, cuz based on what I’ve observed, they’re doing first in - first out / last in - last out for the new initiative process.

Meaning, for example, jman’s AOR was Aug 8, mine was Aug 10.. he received phone landing mail Dec 6, mine was Dec 7, he got scheduled Dec 13, mine will be on Dec 14.. what I am trying to say is, your AOR was later at last week of Aug. so maybe you might still get picked soon after the Aug 10-before you AORs are done (for new initiative).. idk, could be wrong. But at least, you’re approved, we’re all approved, regardless if new initiative or new process, a good one to be thankful for :)

Let’s just trust them. I’m sure you will just laugh after receiving it. God Bless :)

Reactions: Mystico_90

micsmile

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
I contacted my rep and she told me that she checked her mailbox and nothing :(
Maybe cuz there are two different addresses.. so the agent who tried to process the mail and indicate the address got confused first and asked his/her lead which one to mail it?

Cuz my TO address on the envelope was not printed / typed, it was a done by hand writing. Not sure, just making assumptions.

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Maybe cuz there are two different addresses.. so the agent who tried to process the mail and indicate the address got confused first and asked his/her lead which one to mail it?

Cuz my TO address on the envelope was not printed / typed, it was a done by hand writing. Not sure, just making assumptions.
Well I have a representative and I called IRCC today and the agent told me that they will only send correspondence to my Rep even if they have my home address. She said most likely it was sent to my Rep.

zk_khan

Jul 1, 2013
Hi

My sister is filling out personal history form for CEC application. She had simultaneous activities in a month. Can she list only one activity for that month? In one month she quit labor job and was unemployed two weeks and was looking for job entire month. Can she write unemployed for that month? How detailed should it be. Please let me know.

micsmile

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Hi

My sister is filling out personal history form for CEC application. She had simultaneous activities in a month. Can she list only one activity for that month? In one month she quit labor job and was unemployed two weeks and was looking for job entire month. Can she write unemployed for that month? How detailed should it be. Please let me know.
I only provided dates (duration), location and activities i was doing

- travel (provided date duration of travel, which country and where i stayed like hotel).
- Unemployed (duration date, activities like applying or waiting for work permit, place of location like the country and address if they’re asking)
- Employed (duration date, company if employed, country and which address I was)

Important thing is, NEVER miss any duration - FROM - TO (as far as i can remember, you need to indicate Month-Year right?).. Also i matched the dates on my passport for travels. Hope that helps. :)

zk_khan

Jul 1, 2013
I only provided dates (duration), location and activities i was doing

- travel (provided date duration of travel, which country and where i stayed like hotel).
- Unemployed (duration date, activities like applying or waiting for work permit, place of location like the country and address if they’re asking)
- Employed (duration date, company if employed, country and which address I was)

Important thing is, NEVER miss any duration - FROM - TO (as far as i can remember, you need to indicate Month-Year right?).. Also i matched the dates on my passport for travels. Hope that helps. :)
Thanks for your reply. She has multiple activities in a month. Also can she write unemployed for a month period where she worked only two weeks and quit. She has many periods like that where she did temp job for a week and quit, and she does not remember the employers. She was in uk then. Can she just write unemployed for that period...

zk_khan

Jul 1, 2013
Hi

Any advice from senior members would help.

daredevil1212

Apr 23, 2017
Got my telephone Landing done today, just want to let you guys know that you will need the COPR copy at the time of interview because they will ask you few questions and you have to answer them on the COPR and initial on it and sign the COPR and send it back to the Mail address they mentioned on the Document you get with the COPR.

If you have not received the COPR they will still call you and reschedule it with a new date and time.

(KEEP CHECKING YOUR MAILBOX** mainly around 11-2 pm and 6-7 pm.)
** you will get the mail on the Address you mentioned on the Express Landing mail.)

keep Bugging your agents for the mail. go and visit them and ask if they received the COPR.

Cic is processing Express landing very fast. so as you send the COPR back they will update it once they receive it.

zk_khan

Jul 1, 2013
State whatever she did at whatever time...yes she should write unemployed....because there is no other way to prsent it I guess....
thanks a lot. Also how important is NOA. She never applied for tax returns, and has no NOA. What she has now has is her employment reference letter, work contracts, T4s of all years, all pay stubs, and bank statements showing monthly salary deposit. Will it be enough?

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Got my telephone Landing done today, just want to let you guys know that you will need the COPR copy at the time of interview because they will ask you few questions and you have to answer them on the COPR and initial on it and sign the COPR and send it back to the Mail address they mentioned on the Document you get with the COPR.

If you have not received the COPR they will still call you and reschedule it with a new date and time.

(KEEP CHECKING YOUR MAILBOX** mainly around 11-2 pm and 6-7 pm.)
** you will get the mail on the Address you mentioned on the Express Landing mail.)

keep Bugging your agents for the mail. go and visit them and ask if they received the COPR.

Cic is processing Express landing very fast. so as you send the COPR back they will update it once they receive it.
congrats on your landing! you are just one step away from completion of this whole process :D
about rescheduling telephone landing, did you ask your officer via interview? some forum members got different answers from cic call center agent.

Reactions: daredevil1212
Dec 11, 2017
Guys,

Just had a question regarding the status change on you application. Is there any email sent out to your rep, before the application is updated or how does it work. I have applied from canada, background check says in process and medicals have been cleared.