+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August application

claudi12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Hi all,
My hubby and I got married in Canada and went with a representative to assist and submit our application first week of August. So far no information from the assisted office. I was wondering if anyone knows who will receive information from CIC and if we have to depend to hear from the representative is there a way to change that? I understand if the person who assisted us it too busy get clients in for business and isn't in a hurry to provide customers who have already paid their fee information sent by CIC. Is it possible to change it to be the first receiver for news from CIC? I am a bit sceptical when I was advised not to send more evidence and an new police clearance but to wait till it was requested by the immigration office in Canada. Even the fees where advised not to be paid upfront but according to most people here it is best to pay everything upfront to reduce any delays. Why we went with a representative is because my husband got overwhelmed by all the forms and thought it would be better to seek aide but now I regard our choice because I have the feeling that a first acknowledgement might have sent out already. I plan to call the immigration association office to verify if they have received any information. Also the evidence sent seem not to be sufficient therefore I am eager to send more documents and proof that our relationship is genuine. Please, any input will be much appreciated.

PreetiStephen

Jul 26, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
16th september'16
Doc's Request.
Nop
AOR Received.
SA: 21 October'16
File Transfer...
AOR2 3rd November'16
Med's Done....
22nd June'16
Interview........
25-05-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2017
LANDED..........
20th June 2017
What your representative is saying?

Andynd1uk

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
claudi12 said:
Hi all,
My hubby and I got married in Canada and went with a representative to assist and submit our application first week of August. So far no information from the assisted office. I was wondering if anyone knows who will receive information from CIC and if we have to depend to hear from the representative is there a way to change that? I understand if the person who assisted us it too busy get clients in for business and isn't in a hurry to provide customers who have already paid their fee information sent by CIC. Is it possible to change it to be the first receiver for news from CIC? I am a bit sceptical when I was advised not to send more evidence and an new police clearance but to wait till it was requested by the immigration office in Canada. Even the fees where advised not to be paid upfront but according to most people here it is best to pay everything upfront to reduce any delays. Why we went with a representative is because my husband got overwhelmed by all the forms and thought it would be better to seek aide but now I regard our choice because I have the feeling that a first acknowledgement might have sent out already. I plan to call the immigration association office to verify if they have received any information. Also the evidence sent seem not to be sufficient therefore I am eager to send more documents and proof that our relationship is genuine. Please, any input will be much appreciated.
It's only the first week of September, me and my wife didn't hear anything until at least 6 weeks after we applied. It just depends how busy they are, you don't get priority because you used a representative. Wait it out, you'll get word.

claudi12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
I wasn't expecting to be jumped the queue just because our application was sent by a representative. I am more curious who will be notified first, my hubby as my sponsor, me or the representative? The reason why I am asking this question is more to figure out where to send additional evidence and police clearance once we get an file number or something that links to our file. However, if all communications go through the representative than I assume whatever we want to add as evidence has to go through them( the immigration association). Hopefully, I cleared up any confusion.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
If you have a representative, then all correspondence from CIC goes to them (usually).

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
When (date) did CIC received your application? I received my AOR1 yesterday, CIC received on Aug 10, 2016. If you appoint a representative, all correspondence goes direct to them. You can phone them to enquire it.

claudi12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
My application was said to be sent on the 9th of August.
So there isn't away to change who gets the correspondences? I would really like to be the first contact person or my husband, respectively. Also currently I'm residing in Australia which is my residential address but the plan is to go to the Netherlands where my relatives live while CIC processes my application. Will it delay my case or won't it matter as long as I inform them about the change. Is there a difference in processing time Australia vs the Netherlands? I am citizen of both countries and copies of both my passports were included in my application. I really consider to move for the time being to the Netherlands were I can resume my RN career. Please all replies will be appreciated.
Good luck to us all.

Andynd1uk

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
claudi12 said:
So there isn't away to change who gets the correspondences? I would really like to be the first contact person or my husband, respectively. Also currently I'm residing in Australia which is my residential address but the plan is to go to the Netherlands where my relatives live while CIC processes my application. Will it delay my case or won't it matter as long as I inform them about the change. Is there a difference in processing time Australia vs the Netherlands? I am citizen of both countries and copies of both my passports were included in my application. I really consider to move for the time being to the Netherlands were I can resume my RN career. Please all replies will be appreciated.
Good luck to us all.
Sadly, no, the fact that you used a representative, all correspondence will now go to them. I can't really see a way around cancelling the representative unless you contact CIC through the case specific enquiry form and ask them or ring them. You must alert CIC if you change address, that too must be done through the case specific enquiry form. Netherlands processing time is 13 months as opposed to Australia, which is only 10 months.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
claudi12 said:
Good luck to us all.
Hi Claudi,

Please read this guide http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5561E.asp where it explains how to cancel or change a representative.

I don't speak from experience (we did our own application) but managing the application process is not difficult and this forum provides all the information you may need if you are willing to search and read. Only you can decide whether this is the best choice for you. If you decide to cancel, I would do it early in the process so that you don't miss any requests for further information on your application if applicable. I would also try to get confirmation of the cancellation (perhaps the call center or by ordering GCMS notes).

Make sure you include up to date emails and actually it is probably best to stick with the emails that you gave to them on your initial application (yours and your spouses - not the representatives)

You will need to consider cancelling your agreement with the representative and request that all documents / copies be given back to you - read your contract carefully to see what his / her obligations are - esp around the management of information and handling of any fees.

Hopefully this helps.

C.

claudi12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Hi there
I tried to link my application but it comes up as no application found under that name.
Who is the principal applicant, is that my husband who is sponsoring me or I the sponsored person? Do I fill in my hubby's info or mine? My next question is; can I link my application if we were assisted by a representative which has submitted our application sometime early in August. According to them around the 8th of the previous month. Thanks for the help in advance.
Claudi12

Andynd1uk

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
claudi12 said:
Hi there
I tried to link my application but it comes up as no application found under that name.
Who is the principal applicant, is that my husband who is sponsoring me or I the sponsored person? Do I fill in my hubby's info or mine? My next question is; can I link my application if we were assisted by a representative which has submitted our application sometime early in August. According to them around the 8th of the previous month. Thanks for the help in advance.
Claudi12
You're the principal applicant because you're the one who wishes to emigrate. If your representative submitted your application the details such as AOR and SA will be sent to them unless you arranged for it to be forwarded to you.

wind23

Aug 4, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-09-2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Interview........
Not Require
Passport Req..
Not Require
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
LANDED..........
Hope SOON
I am in the same situation, you can't link it from your CIC account.
what you can do is, call CIC 18882422100, than ask for your UCI number, and use ECAS to check the status.

Here is the ECAS link
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

good luck

claudi12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Thank you wind23
I'll do that tomorrow. Will it matter that I have not got any information from my representative? I assume the immigration associate has submitted our application as was promised. Their office is based in Edmonton so it shouldn't take that long to get a first conformation that the application was received wherever it was sent in Canada. Thanks again and good luck to us all.

wind23

Aug 4, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-09-2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Interview........
Not Require
Passport Req..
Not Require
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
LANDED..........
Hope SOON
Thanks fine, you can call and ask for the status anytime

claudi12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Hi Wind23 or everyone who may help me out?
I tried to call CIC for an uci number but I quickly found out that I can't call them from overseas. Is there a number I can contact CIC from outside Canada. I'm desperate to link my status so I can follow the process without depending totally on my representative. Thanks again for any help.