+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August AOR 2017

vw7439

Sep 23, 2017
Hi everyone,

How do you know if your status is IP1 or IP2? I have tried checking using ECAS but it doesn't work for me.

seawaves0703

Star Member
May 16, 2017
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-08-2017
IELTS Request
R:9 S:9 L:8.5 W:7
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
We're in the same boat.
I've been in IP2 since 19 September.
hopefully soon :)
Honestly, I am refreshing my mailbox every 30 mins. It's kind of frustrating.

seawaves0703

Star Member
May 16, 2017
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-08-2017
IELTS Request
R:9 S:9 L:8.5 W:7
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
Hi everyone,

How do you know if your status is IP1 or IP2? I have tried checking using ECAS but it doesn't work for me.
The background is In Progress for the second time. Also no other documentation is required.

nbt11

Star Member
May 24, 2017
India
I have been on IP2 for 3 days now. Not sure how long does it take to get through this. Kind of worried. Any thoughts?
Hi everyone,

Have your ecas activated yet? Mine os not aor august 17.
We're in the same boat.
I've been in IP2 since 19 September.
All I can say is just have patience. I know how it feels to wait... I was there too... but worrying didn't help me, nor it helps you in anyway... So just relax and wait for it.
If you are in IP2 you are almost there. And coming to the ECAS thing, I submitted my passport few days back and it's being processed at NDVO, but the ECAS still can't find my application, and the portal still says the "Additional documents are being reviewed..."... So just wait for it.. everyone will get through...
All the very best to each one of you :)
Cheers :)

sk1976

Jun 1, 2017
Hello blackbear88, I have same AOR with you. I am beginning to conclude that people with AOR 29th August have similar issue with processing their application. Mine have not changed since 29th of August and I called them in Ontario to ask if everything is in order, the lady said yes that there is no problem with my application but yet there is not even MP status upgrade since then. Nothing has changed on my timeline since I submit almost a month now. Please kindly advise if there has been any update from your side and maybe we can connect if possible to share the progress of our applications. I also paid upfront while submitting my application on the 29th August. My timeline is below :
  • Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
  • Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
  • Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check: Not applicable.
  • Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I am facing the same issue...my Aor is 26th of Aug and yesterday I received a mail from cic that my account is been updated,when I checked there was no update and it only says that" your action required"...I was expecting some update on my medical status...any suggestions pls..

sk1976

Jun 1, 2017
Hi everyone,

Please find below my timeline:
FSW - O with 2 applicants / CRS: 511
ITA 2 August
AOR 29 August

I am in the same situation....

Please note: I did my medicals upfront (before AOR) and also paid all fees upfront.

As medicals have been done upfront, then why do my details here below not say: 'medicals passed' ?
  • We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.
  • The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Also, the system keeps saying: 'your action is required' without any further information.

Anyone have any feedback?

Thanks guys :)

devgn

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
I am facing the same problem....what is the solution?...pls suggest
I checked my account on Sep 13, 2017 and it stated that I passed Medical
on Sep 14, 2017, after 24hrs
I received an email stating that there an update on your account.. I check and found nothing.

There is sometimes technical glitch so things take 24hrs to reflect...

There might be that;
1. you passed a medical exam, or
2. they do not need document or
3. they started processing backing check and status is NA or
4. they are asking for RPRF...

The best information is available at GC notes. So wait for atleast 90 days after medical passed to move for either GC notes or calling IRCC

Reactions: Samoinp

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The My CIC status and then further calling is IP, NA etc is mere speculation.

Each application as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) goes through the following stages:

1. Completeness Check R10
2. Criminality
3. Medicals
4. Eligibility (A11.2)

The stages of an application are

To read more on each stage - see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

How an Express Entry Application is Processed (Simplified Version):

As per the trends, your eligibility is cleared within the first 3-4 months and then what is left is the security and criminality. This is for the FSW (outland).

The anatomy of an standard application is as follows:

1. Enter the EE pool.

2. Receive the ITA.

3. File application and supporting documents.

4. AoR - Automatically acknowledged, usually on the same day as submission.

5. The first step is to check for completeness. This usually triggers the application review "IN PROGRESS." This is done at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).

6. Next stage is the R10 review. This is the first stringent check of the application against the EE profile you created. The Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations imposes a strict liability on the applicants to account for all documents uploaded, satisfy what was stated in the EE profile, and ensure that there are no gaps. If you do not provide the documents or they are filed incorrectly, your application can be rejected due to the strict liability on the applicant under this regulation. However, a lot depends on the agent reviewing the file. Under the R 10 review your IELTS, ECA are checked against the websites to ascertain that there is no misrepresentation. (R10 review is done within the 1-3 months of filing the application). If an applicants age has changed from EE profile to ITA, then the same is recorded and his score is affected, if the policy consideration is not invoked. This is also done at the CIO level. Most of the applications are rejected here.

7. At the R10 review if you were unable to submit a document and have explained it in a LoE, the applicant is granted an extension, and file will not proceed to eligibility until the document is filed.It largely depends on the agent reviewing it. Some are brutal and will reject the application even for a minor error.

8. Usually by this stage the medicals are also passed. Recently some applicants received request to re-access their medicals when the file reached the Local Visa Office (LVO). I have a theory for this, but in most cases, once the medicals are passed, they are good until the final review stage. The applicants who received a re-assesment for the medicals could be because of two reasons:
a. The doctor or the facility which examined them had a complaint against it, or the CIC found something fishy about how things were being conducted there; or
b. The medicals did not disclose the required parameters, or the applicant had an underlying medical issue, which the CIC wanted to get re-assessed.

8. Now the next stage is to determine eligibility (A11.2), i.e. whether the application meets the program prerequisites under which it is filed. For FSW, your experience, letters of reference, education, etc are in order. For the PNP, your nomination is present, for CEC, your Canadian experience is on file. And, so on so forth for the other categories. The objective here is to review whether you meet the program threshold and what you claim is correct. If there is any suspicion, or things don't sound good, the agent can send you application for further review. Which includes an interview, extra doc request etc. If the applicant meets the requirements, and his score is over the cut off for the ITA she received, his eligibility is passed. If there are issues, they will be addressed. This usually happens at the CPO or the LVO. This stage happens when the application is usually 3-4 months into the process. At this stage, if the eligibility is met, the chances of refusal considerably go down, unless there is a criminal history. However, if your score goes down due to CIC not acknowledging your experience, NOC and reference letters not matching, or a change in age, the application is rejected. Also, not only do you have to meet the CRS, but also the MEC.

9. As soon as the eligibility is met, next comes the security and criminality (or background check). Usually the criminality is met through the Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) uploaded with the application, and is passed before the eligibility starts. If the applicant has been to a country which is suspicious, or your travel history does show frequent visits to a country without any explanation, the same are recorded and evaluated. If things look good, your criminality is passed. A lot of applicants receive a request for Schedule A at this stage to ensure no gap time is present and the history is clear. In most cases the criminality will be passed before the eligibility.

10. The last and the final stage is the security. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), CBSA, International Police (INTERPOL), Criminal Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here. Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, past law enforcement or military record, Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the case goes into a 'spin'. Then the file might go to the local Police/intelligence agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over within 1-2 months. However, a point to be noted is that the applicant can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason. For some people the security has a quick turn around. But in the last two weeks a lot of applicants are stuck at this stage. For more in-depth detail, see http://www.canadavisa.com/…/the-anatomy-of-a-background-ch…/

11. At the final review, when the security results come in, the PPR is issued.

Now, this is NO way is a generalization of the process. Some applications are processed much faster, some are slow.

This is only for information to provide a picture about the process, but CIC has never disclosed their processing procedure. However, looking into some immigration cases, and the information through the GCMS notes available on the forum, this is the best generalization I could come up with. Albeit, for some applicants the criminality is done before the eligibility is checked, for other after. So please don't debate as to how one case you saw was different from what I have stated.

This is just an overview. If you do not find it appealing, just ignore it.

But, this is a long wait and probably the most important decision you will make in your life. Be optimistic, helpful and supportive of others. This group is an excellent resource for many, so even when you receive your PPR, please hang on for a few more months and answer any questions other applicants may have. Don't be a parasite.

Share you experiences.