+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August AOR 2017

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Hello All, Need your guidance.
I received PPR on Nov 08 . I am the primary applicant and my country of residence is India and my spouse country of residence is USA.

I received a mail on my personal email asking me to submit our passports to New Delhi Canada high commission. I emailed CIC asking them to change my spouse VO to USA and leave mine as New Delhi.
Today I got a message on my CIC account(not personal mail) asking me to submit both of our passports to NY Visa center.

Now I am confused on what to do. Should I proceed and submit my passport in India ans should I ask my spouse to submit his passport in NY. Or should I mail NY and New Delhi VO's reg this issue?
Now I have 2 letters , one asking me to submit both of our passports to NY and another asking me to submit both of our passports to New Delhi.
Thanks

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
What does those stages exactly mean ?? I guess i am at ip2 (someone told me ) so after that what should be
Hi - although there is nothing official and we're all only assuming things here, this is a "process" that most people seem to agree with.

After you receive AOR, an application is supposed to go through these stages:

BG: Not Applicable (NA1)
Medical passed – (MEP)
BG: In Progress (IP1) – R10 check is done here.
BG: Not Applicable (NA2) – Eligibility check is done here.
BG: In Progress (IP2) –
BG: Not Applicable (NA3) – Sometimes this doesn’t come
PPR: Passport Request
CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence

So it is in below order

AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP3 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR

AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application.

NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status.

MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 25-30 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally.

IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office).

NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks.

IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. On the same day, PPR request will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. These things will be done at CPC office.

NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible is many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2.

PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this.

ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage. An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.

Reactions: CanadianV

Irada_G

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2017
i am shocked, just got a message, my application is refused. they did not like my employment letter.

Sukh90

Nov 9, 2017
Hi - although there is nothing official and we're all only assuming things here, this is a "process" that most people seem to agree with.

After you receive AOR, an application is supposed to go through these stages:

BG: Not Applicable (NA1)
Medical passed – (MEP)
BG: In Progress (IP1) – R10 check is done here.
BG: Not Applicable (NA2) – Eligibility check is done here.
BG: In Progress (IP2) –
BG: Not Applicable (NA3) – Sometimes this doesn’t come
PPR: Passport Request
CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence

So it is in below order

AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP3 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR

AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application.

NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status.

MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 25-30 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally.

IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office).

NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks.

IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. On the same day, PPR request will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. These things will be done at CPC office.

NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible is many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2.

PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this.

ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage. An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.
Thank you.
So i am at IP2 bcz thats what i hear when i call them we are reviewing your background check medical approved no interview no additional documents needed. But I didn’t get PPR yet . & it’s been more than a month for sure.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Thank you.
So i am at IP2 bcz thats what i hear when i call them we are reviewing your background check medical approved no interview no additional documents needed. But I didn’t get PPR yet . & it’s been more than a month for sure.
In some cases it can take a while. But just in case, also check your spam folder regularly.

Irada_G

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2017
Because my job letter did not include my duties.
And i explained in my explanation letter why, and have them contacts of my manager. why did they not just make one phonecall i dont undertsand

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Because my job letter did not include my duties.
And i explained in my explanation letter why, and have them contacts of my manager. why did they not just make one phonecall i dont undertsand
I am sorry to hear. Out of curiosity, why didn't you include the job duties in the employment letter?

Dolly143

Sep 28, 2017
So they never requested you for additional documnts too? Looks like that they are not satisfied with LOE as well..you might have atleast sent them proofs that you tried...phone calls or emails to mngers are not necessary from Ircc...some raise a query to the applicant while few reject the application...without any further processing.....

Irada_G

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2017
they never requested any documents. i sent them everything i had, my employer is a big corporation they only issue standard letters with no exceptions, and I explained all of that in my letter.

Reactions: Dolly143

Irada_G

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2017
does this mean my pnp application will be refused too? goodbye canada?

Irada_G

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2017
question - do you guys know if I have to maintain employment to qualify for CEC? or once i met the criteria of one year of work experience i can say, go back home and stay there while waiting for decision?