+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Spousal Inland Application

ConciseMan

Nov 27, 2023
I applied on Aug 12th 2023, got biometrics request on Nov 20th. I paid 170 for me and my spouse completed biometrics Nov 22nd. I contacted IRCC they said probably by Jan or Feb I should get to know about the result.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am September application. I just got sponsor-eligible letter. Is that letter can apply for OHIP?
I don't think so. From others' recent posts, you need to reach AIP to apply for OHIP. AIP is for applicant to meet eligibility (PA) not sponsor.
copied from IRCC
Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if: you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements

hungnnnguyen

Nov 27, 2023
I don't think so. From others' recent posts, you need to reach AIP to apply for OHIP. AIP is for applicant to meet eligibility (PA) not sponsor.
copied from IRCC
Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if: you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements
I got a letter saying:

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

Is this AIP?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I got a letter saying:

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

Is this AIP?
It sounds like AIP.

May be @joseph2 can confirm?

RMR

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
It sounds like AIP.

May be @joseph2 can confirm?
I got a letter saying:

Is this AIP?
Yes this is AIP, we were able to get Health Card for my spouse just yesterday for 1 year validity with this letter.

hungnnnguyen

Nov 27, 2023
Yes this is AIP, we were able to get Health Card for my spouse just yesterday for 1 year validity with this letter.
Where did you go? Can you give me this Ontario service address and what should I bring to the office?

Thanks

RMR

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Where did you go? Can you give me this Ontario service address and what should I bring to the office?

Thanks
It was 590 Rossland Road East, Whitby, Ontario
Carry your AIP letter print, Passport and Driver’s license or Id proof for proof of address that’s all.

JaySrini

Jan 2, 2023
Hi Rohan, I am in the same boat as you were, I only have received AOR1 which had the application number and mentioned " This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2023/09/28 on behalf of the following member(s): "

I want to apply for an OPEN WORK PERMIT, Is it possible to do this with just this AOR which was sent to the SPONSOR?

Also, I would preferably want to go to the border to get the Work permit process expedited. Do you think it is possible, Have you heard bac about your OWP application yet?

Thanks in Advance

hungnnnguyen

Nov 27, 2023
It was 590 Rossland Road East, Whitby, Ontario
Carry your AIP letter print, Passport and Driver’s license or Id proof for proof of address that’s all.
I went to Ontario service you gave me and got OHIP for the wife. Thank you very much.

I don't know why Collingwood, Barrie, Mississauga officer saying my wife not qualify but Whitby officer saying she is qualification for OHIP...... Weird

Reactions: RMR

AmalJ

Dec 8, 2023
Hi, we are applying inland and my husband is an American citizen. What did you folks use as their proof of status when applying? Because he doesn’t have a work permit or visitor visa because he is American and he’s visiting. Please help

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Hi, we are applying inland and my husband is an American citizen. What did you folks use as their proof of status when applying? Because he doesn’t have a work permit or visitor visa because he is American and he’s visiting. Please help
My husband is a US Citizen and visitor at the time we applied.

I attached his boarding pass as proof

Reactions: AmalJ

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Hi Rohan, I am in the same boat as you were, I only have received AOR1 which had the application number and mentioned " This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2023/09/28 on behalf of the following member(s): "

I want to apply for an OPEN WORK PERMIT, Is it possible to do this with just this AOR which was sent to the SPONSOR?

Also, I would preferably want to go to the border to get the Work permit process expedited. Do you think it is possible, Have you heard bac about your OWP application yet?

Thanks in Advance
- you can apply for OWP using your message from IRCC
- Depends on your country, not everyone is eligible for SOWP for flagpole.