+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Spousal Inland Application

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Okay! Thanks! I uploaded our flight bookings under “proof of relationship” in one PDF. I might just right in that section, when we visited each other rather than leaving it blank.
Also, try not to leave it blank. Just write N/A if it doesn’t apply to you

AmalJ

Dec 8, 2023
Right, I figured some information is better than leaving it completely black. I’m just unsure if I should check the box “if you’re not living together, did you visit each other.” Because technically we do live together but when we didn’t, we did visit. I’m getting so hung up in the technicalities I think lol!

AmalJ

Dec 8, 2023
Has anyone here applied for their inland for their American spouse but had to leave to back to the states for a family emergency? My husband is a US citizen and we are submitting this weekend (we live here in Canada together) but we learned that his mother is on hospice and her cancer is terminal - he’s not sure if he’ll see again. We’re looking to visit for about a week, I plan to go with him and we’re bringing our daughter so she can see his mom too. I also plan to bring the whole application with me when we cross back over to Canada after our visit for the CBSA. I am just worried we might get a hard time for leaving shortly after applying. Help! Is there anything I should be considering?

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Has anyone here applied for their inland for their American spouse but had to leave to back to the states for a family emergency? My husband is a US citizen and we are submitting this weekend (we live here in Canada together) but we learned that his mother is on hospice and her cancer is terminal - he’s not sure if he’ll see again. We’re looking to visit for about a week, I plan to go with him and we’re bringing our daughter so she can see his mom too. I also plan to bring the whole application with me when we cross back over to Canada after our visit for the CBSA. I am just worried we might get a hard time for leaving shortly after applying. Help! Is there anything I should be considering?
did you apply? I think short term trip wouldn't be a big deal.

AmalJ

Dec 8, 2023
Literally finalizing everything and applying this weekend! Then we’re thinking of leaving before Christmas

rohan1993

Oct 24, 2014
Hi Rohan, I am in the same boat as you were, I only have received AOR1 which had the application number and mentioned " This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2023/09/28 on behalf of the following member(s): "

I want to apply for an OPEN WORK PERMIT, Is it possible to do this with just this AOR which was sent to the SPONSOR?

Also, I would preferably want to go to the border to get the Work permit process expedited. Do you think it is possible, Have you heard bac about your OWP application yet?

Thanks in Advance
[/QUOTE

yes - We applied for the OWP with just AOR and received it after 2 months

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Just caught a ghost update on my husband's application. No ghosts updates since November 27th. No movement since October 31st (PA and SA eligibility letter).

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Hello everyone! Is there anybody from August inland already approved, received portal emails or at least completed background check?

nkbartc

Jul 17, 2023
App. Filed.......
08-08-2023
Hello everyone! Is there anybody from August inland already approved, received portal emails or at least completed background check?
I submitted application on 8/8/2023 and got background check completed on 1/29/2024. No news no portal since then.

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
I submitted application on 8/8/2023 and got background check completed on 1/29/2024. No news no portal since then.
My husband's background check was completed too. Here is his timeline:

Application Submitted: August 10th, 2023
Inland
Sponsor: Canadian PR
AOR: September 26th
Additional Document Request: September 25th - PCC (eventhough we submit it at the beginning)
MEDICAL: Completed Sept 30th
BIOMETRICS request: October 12th (previously done Nov 2016). Second request submitted, Oct 23rd
PREARRIVAL SERVICES: Oct 24th
BIOMETRICS: Completed Oct 24th
ELIGIBILITY: Completed Oct 24th
BACKGROUND CHECK: Completed Feb 12th.
MEDICAL: IRCC added extension
Portal 1: Feb 14th
Portal 2: Feb 15th
Photo and address submission (PRcard): Feb 16th
Final decision: Approved Feb 19th
eCoPR: Feb 19th
PR card: waiting