+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Spousal Inland Application

AmalJ

Dec 8, 2023
That’s awesome I’m so happy for you both. So it asks for a police clearance with the app. He got his finger prints taken and mailed them to FBI, and got his cleared back. We also got him to do a Canadian police check just to be safe. Do they ask for another background check after AOR too?

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
That’s awesome I’m so happy for you both. So it asks for a police clearance with the app. He got his finger prints taken and mailed them to FBI, and got his cleared back. We also got him to do a Canadian police check just to be safe. Do they ask for another background check after AOR too?
It depends. If your husband used to live somewhere other than US for over 6 months after he reached 18. Otherwise it’s good.
My husband is originally from Vietnam so we need to include VN police check

AmalJ

Dec 8, 2023
Ahhhh! Gotcha. What’s your timeline looking like? When did you apply and how soon did your hubby get an open work permit after receiving AOR?

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Ahhhh! Gotcha. What’s your timeline looking like? When did you apply and how soon did your hubby get an open work permit after receiving AOR?
Do you see my signature? I posted my timeline there
After we got AOR, we went to the US (by land) for a few hours and went back to Canada.

when we reached canadian border, we told CBSA officer that we needed to apply for owp. They asked a few questions and then issued his owp. Remember to bring your AOR, and whole package of PR application

AmalJ

Dec 8, 2023
Do you see my signature? I posted my timeline there
After we got AOR, we went to the US (by land) for a few hours and went back to Canada.

when we reached canadian border, we told CBSA officer that we needed to apply for owp. They asked a few questions and then issued his owp. Remember to bring your AOR, and whole package of PR application
oh thanks for that! I’m new to this! WOW. I didn’t even know that was a possibility. Is there a risk of being rejected?

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
oh thanks for that! I’m new to this! WOW. I didn’t even know that was a possibility. Is there a risk of being rejected?
As long as your husband maintains his legal status it should be fine. It’s totally up to the officer. Sometimes if they’re busy they just tell you to apply online. For us we went on Sunday so the border wasn’t that busy.
if you’re from Ontario then I recommend to go to Kingston. Niagara is very busy

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
You can search my thread in September inland. I made a few comments there about applying at the border.
Not everyone is eligible for applying at the border

Reactions: AmalJ

AmalJ

Dec 8, 2023
Wow you are heaven sent! I am from Ontario but we moved out to Edmonton for work. Thank you so much. Best of luck! I look forward to hearing more about your timeline as things progress!

AmalJ

Dec 8, 2023
Just one more question! Is the boarding pass all you used for proof of status? Or did you include anything else? Sorry last minute thought!

AmalJ

Dec 8, 2023
Hey! Annoying question, imm5532 Part C Question 4 it’s asking if you’re not living together, did you visit each other during your relationship. But the question before, we clicked yes to living together. I assume you and your spouse lived together since you were inland. Did you leave question 4 in part c blank? Or did you put NA? Sorry for the lengthy questions, I’m so anxious!

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Hey! Annoying question, imm5532 Part C Question 4 it’s asking if you’re not living together, did you visit each other during your relationship. But the question before, we clicked yes to living together. I assume you and your spouse lived together since you were inland. Did you leave question 4 in part c blank? Or did you put NA? Sorry for the lengthy questions, I’m so anxious!
I can’t access the form right now, but I believed I put everytime we visited each other before marriage.

AmalJ

Dec 8, 2023
Okay! Thanks! I uploaded our flight bookings under “proof of relationship” in one PDF. I might just right in that section, when we visited each other rather than leaving it blank.