AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Had my interview at Scr on Apr 4th. Agent said everything seems normal. Security clearance is pending which could take a few weeks. Language and PP got updated 2 days later.
BG and Prohibitions pending.
r u refugee ? if yes have u travelled to your home country ?

superpixel

Apr 19, 2018
So I requested GMCS notes for my application. It says on Oct 10 LPP all not started. Next week on Oct 17, got security clearance from RCMP and Prohibitions PASSED. Now I'm waiting for them to start Language and Presence verification. So frustrating it's more than 6 months why they are not working on my file

I called my local MP but they refused to help. because it is not exceeding 14 months yet

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Venom85

Apr 11, 2024
Hey guys
Not sure what's going on. I Applied for my citizenship Application in August 2023 and AOR a week after. everything happened so fast that I was able to do my citizenship test on the 26th of September, after which Test was complete, Background check was complete, but language, physical presence and prohibition still in progress. Last update was October 4 and no changes till date. I gave them a call in February and they said Everything seem to be fine and they would contact me f they need additional information and as long as it hasn't exceeded the normal time like which is 15months, then I'm good. Could anybody explain to me what could be happening? I have no criminal record and haven't left Canada since I arrived. My girlfriend started same time with me and got her citizenship in the 1st week of January. Why is mine taking so long?

Sunshinestate

Star Member
Aug 1, 2023
Hey guys
Not sure what's going on. I Applied for my citizenship Application in August 2023 and AOR a week after. everything happened so fast that I was able to do my citizenship test on the 26th of September, after which Test was complete, Background check was complete, but language, physical presence and prohibition still in progress. Last update was October 4 and no changes till date. I gave them a call in February and they said Everything seem to be fine and they would contact me f they need additional information and as long as it hasn't exceeded the normal time like which is 15months, then I'm good. Could anybody explain to me what could be happening? I have no criminal record and haven't left Canada since I arrived. My girlfriend started same time with me and got her citizenship in the 1st week of January. Why is mine taking so long?
I have same situation as you! Applied in August, got background completed in September, test done October 10th and since then no movements. So, six months passed after the test, it is so frustrating! I haven’t left Canada in 10 years, no criminal background, nothing. Ordered couple GCMS notes, called them and they told me the same as they told you! I don’t know why is it taking them so long, makes no sense at all! Which office is processing your application?

LuckyAngelSweety

Aug 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have same situation as you! Applied in August, got background completed in September, test done October 10th and since then no movements. So, six months passed after the test, it is so frustrating! I haven’t left Canada in 10 years, no criminal background, nothing. Ordered couple GCMS notes, called them and they told me the same as they told you! I don’t know why is it taking them so long, makes no sense at all! Which office is processing your application?
Mine is same case as you both. Applied in August. Nov test completed and passed. No updates since then. It's been 7+ months now.

Pinkpinkpinkpink

Star Member
Dec 15, 2023
Mine is same case as you both. Applied in August. Nov test completed and passed. No updates since then. It's been 7+ months now.
You three are not alone! Same situation here.. applied in August, test cleared first week nov, BG check done in Nov as well and no updates ever since!! Not really sure what’s going on but this is very frustrating

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
You three are not alone! Same situation here.. applied in August, test cleared first week nov, BG check done in Nov as well and no updates ever since!! Not really sure what’s going on but this is very frustrating
i am august applicant was silence from 22 november till 22 feb then i received interview on 7th march but still silence

Reactions: Pinkpinkpinkpink

reza_GH

Mar 12, 2024
Hey guys
I have the same situation. Applied in August. Oct test completed and passed. 27 Oct GU and no updates since then.

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
yeah late july applicant same boat

Application: Online - Single
Processing Office: Mississauga
Application Date: July 27, 2023
Physical Presence Days: 1097
AOR Date: August 30, 2023
Fingerprint Request: 20 Sep, 2023 (submitted same day) | Received 4 Oct, 2023
Test Scheduled: Oct 3, 2023 (between Oct 3 and October 23)
Background Check Complete Date: 5 Oct, 2023
Test Taken Date: 9 Oct, 2023
Test Completed Date: 13 Oct, 2023
Language Skills Completed Date: 17 Oct, 2023
Physical Presence Completed Date: 17 Oct, 2023
Prohibitions Completed Date: In progress (According to similar previous cases, it is probably going to take a while)
Ceremony Date: Not Started

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Starting a new week and am still stuck at LPP
AOR Sept 14
Test updated October 10
Finger prints October 24
GU 27th October

Am part of the club of the people who has this famous GU on October 27th 2023

I asked gcms notes and there is nothing new or something I should be worried about .

My background is convention refugee don’t know if this matter or what ….
I can’t comment whether having refugee status means longer processing times, but I’m stuck too since Nov 29th and I am not a refugee. 19+ weeks without hearing anything.

Bestforme

Jun 24, 2020
Hello,
I also applied in August, 2023. Wrote the test, submitted fingerprints, background, physical and language updated. Prohibition still in-progress. Last update was in December. Since then nothing.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
yeah late july applicant same boat

Application: Online - Single
Processing Office: Mississauga
Application Date: July 27, 2023
Physical Presence Days: 1097
AOR Date: August 30, 2023
Fingerprint Request: 20 Sep, 2023 (submitted same day) | Received 4 Oct, 2023
Test Scheduled: Oct 3, 2023 (between Oct 3 and October 23)
Background Check Complete Date: 5 Oct, 2023
Test Taken Date: 9 Oct, 2023
Test Completed Date: 13 Oct, 2023
Language Skills Completed Date: 17 Oct, 2023
Physical Presence Completed Date: 17 Oct, 2023
Prohibitions Completed Date: In progress (According to similar previous cases, it is probably going to take a while)
Ceremony Date: Not Started
r u refugee claimaint previously travelled to home country why prohibition is taking too much time for you

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hello,
I also applied in August, 2023. Wrote the test, submitted fingerprints, background, physical and language updated. Prohibition still in-progress. Last update was in December. Since then nothing.
please can u share ur timeline

Bestforme

Jun 24, 2020
please can u share ur timeline
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1105
Application: Family (4)
Application submitted : August 30, 2023
Delivered: August 30, 2023
AOR: Oct 13, 2003
Tracker-Oct 17, 2023
Fingerprints request- oct 31