Feb 11, 2020
Type: Online App
Application: Family
Application sent: Aug 22th, 2023
Delivered: Aug 22th, 2023
AOR: Sep 28, 2023
GU: Oct 14th 2023
Background Complete: Oct 12, 2023
Test Invite: Oct 13, 2023 (Window: Oct 23th - Nov 12th)
Test Taken: Oct 27th - Outside Canada
Test Completed on tracker: Oct 27th
LPP: Completed on Nov 9th (updated on tracker Nov 13)
Oath Ceremony : Nov 27th ( Updated today)
Case Processing Centre - Sydney

I moved to US recently for my wife's cancer treatment(It's a clinical trial only available here). Is there a way to attend the Oath outside Canada? It's really difficult for us to travel with the short time frame? I did not expect that our application has been processed so quickly. Does anyone have IRCC emailid or IRCC contact number to request the oath ceremony outside Canada Or Can I use webForm to explain my situation? If I send an email today, how long will it take to get an answer? Appreciate all your inputs. Thanks.

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019

I moved to US recently for my wife's cancer treatment(It's a clinical trial only available here). Is there a way to attend the Oath outside Canada? It's really difficult for us to travel with the short time frame? I did not expect that our application has been processed so quickly. Does anyone have IRCC emailid or IRCC contact number to request the oath ceremony outside Canada Or Can I use webForm to explain my situation? If I send an email today, how long will it take to get an answer? Appreciate all your inputs. Thanks.
You will get an email with the formal oath letter. That has instructions on what to do if you are out of country/want to reschedule.

Sashank

Apr 12, 2016

I don't think you can attend outside Canada since you need to cut your PR card during ceremony. Best bet is to email them and reschedule.

Reactions: sams19

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW

IRCC does allow you to take the oath from outside Canada in exceptional circumstances. Your situation might qualify for it so best would be to write back to them once you get the formal oath invite.
If your request is approved, you can apply for passport while in US and will need to wait for it to be delivered before you can return to Canada. Alternatively, Canada allows to enter the country using COPR/ Landing papers but only if you cross through land borders.
Hope this helps.

engineeredbygod

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015

Once you receive your oath letter invitation:
There will be some info there that you can send an email too regarding your situation. Asked if you can go for oath outside of the country as your situation might be something they can work on.

Good luck and hope you and your wife are doing ok .

herbertia

Jan 4, 2019
AOR Received.
15-09-2018
Finally an update, a month after I did the test..

Update:
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1491
Application: Single
Application sent: August 22, 2023
Delivered: August 22, 2023
AOR: September 25, 2023
Application in progress: September 29, 2023
Background complete: October 3, 2023
Test invite received: October 5, 2023 (Window Oct 10 - Oct 30)
Test taken: October 12, 2023
Test complete: November 10, 2023 (tracker updated November 14)
LPP still in progress

Wish2023

Sep 20, 2023
Hi,
Done with my test today. Unofficial score 19/20.
The test was not that simple. Too many true or false questions framed in a confusing way.
My question is, how long does it take to receive an email with your score post you submit the test?

Thanks

Reactions: Dixit patel

herbertia

Jan 4, 2019
AOR Received.
15-09-2018
Hi,
Done with my test today. Unofficial score 19/20.
The test was not that simple. Too many true or false questions framed in a confusing way.
My question is, how long does it take to receive an email with your score post you submit the test?

Thanks
I got the email with the unofficial score right away after the test, but my online tracker was only updated after about a month.
Some people get their tracker updated as soon as a day after the test so there's no specific pattern.