+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

IT_VE_CA

Aug 8, 2020
Almost the same dates as you, waiting for LPP, Scarborough as well.
It's the worse IRCC office by far, I don't know how they work but they are very inefficient.
I tried to look at different sources and it seems like it takes them between 2 and 5 months to clear LPP, so I'm not expecting anything before february.

It's really a shame that we got assigned to that s**t office
We are in the same boat just waiting on LPP and oath from scarborough office....

Reactions: Smshukh and VKcf01

engineeredbygod

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
I do have inquiry,we have travel plans this december, I checked some
youtube for online ceremony and noticed frequently asked question was do you have plan travels for 4 weeks from now. What will be the effect incase you have plan but its roughly less than 4 weeks?

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
Update Nov 11, 2023

Application Sent August 6
AOR- September 14
Background Completed- September 21
Citizenship Test Invite - September 27
Mississauga Office
Test Period - October 3-23
Test completed - October 13
Test updated in tracker- October 16
Language and Prohibition- October 30
Physical Present- November 9 (Updated November 11)
Oath Ceremony- Not Started
why do you think your presence took longer than the others?

Manny2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2023
It seems the LPP completion time is one of the most frustrating parts of this process. I realized from other forums and platforms that many people from 2022 or earlier this year are still waiting for LPP to be completed. On the other hand, when checking the timings for the recent months on the Google sheet, the wait times are reasonable(between two days and 20 days! after the test). It's a bit confusing. Any insight about that?

Last edited:

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
It seems the LLP completion time is one of the most frustrating parts of this process. I realized from other forums and platforms that many people from 2022 or earlier this year are still waiting for LLP to be completed. On the other hand, when checking the timings for the recent months on the Google sheet, the wait times are reasonable(between two days and 20 days! after the test). It's a bit confusing. Any insight about that?
I noticed the same. I think it is confusing because you would expect that IRCC would process applicants that come first in the door. But, it almost seems like they are prioritsing newer applicants. It is kinda weird tbh. The processing time in this page (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html) shows 17 months. But people are getting theirs done in 3-6 months. I can only imagine the frustration of 2022 applicants seeing 2023 applicants moving faster than them.

Reactions: Manny2

Manny2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2023
I noticed the same. I think it is confusing because you would expect that IRCC would process applicants that come first in the door. But, it almost seems like they are prioritsing newer applicants. It is kinda weird tbh. The processing time in this page (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html) shows 17 months. But people are getting theirs done in 3-6 months. I can only imagine the frustration of 2022 applicants seeing 2023 applicants moving faster than them.
You right... And I read this comment somewhere on Reddit: Not sure if true, but makes sense.

"no logic. but a hint is that they changed software early this year (actually around Q1) supported by so called AI. the expected result was to speed up applications (seems to work lol). the only reasonable assumption i could do is that if you apply after implementation - MAGIC! - you enjoy fast track."

Smshukh

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Almost the same dates as you, waiting for LPP, Scarborough as well.
It's the worse IRCC office by far, I don't know how they work but they are very inefficient.
I tried to look at different sources and it seems like it takes them between 2 and 5 months to clear LPP, so I'm not expecting anything before february.

It's really a shame that we got assigned to that s**t office
My friend applied late june and got oath date by end of september this year. In the same office. I am so disheartened now!

engineeredbygod

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
You right... And I read this comment somewhere on Reddit: Not sure if true, but makes sense.

"no logic. but a hint is that they changed software early this year (actually around Q1) supported by so called AI. the expected result was to speed up applications (seems to work lol). the only reasonable assumption i could do is that if you apply after implementation - MAGIC! - you enjoy fast track."
oh I did not know that ! I applied in 3rd quarter which is basically the system
is a bit stable by this time probably but there’s bug on ghost update. But i wont complain ;)

Reactions: Manny2

simrim

Feb 20, 2014
There is no update on my file since 10th October and awaiting for the test request. Can anyone provide IRCC call center details for Markham, Ontario location?

Manprad

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
no updates since test completed on 12 Oct... LPP in progress... oath not started.. Anyone from Sidney office having similar timelines?