+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Do we have to link our citizenship application to our GC Key account? The website says that we may send instructions to download e certificate on your email OR send it to your IRCC secure account. But we never used IRCC secure account to submit the citizenship application as it has it own separate online portal. So if i have not received e certificate download instructions on email, where should I look for it?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Do we have to link our citizenship application to our GC Key account? The website says that we may send instructions to download e certificate on your email OR send it to your IRCC secure account. But we never used IRCC secure account to submit the citizenship application as it has it own separate online portal. So if i have not received e certificate download instructions on email, where should I look for it?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/10567136/

This will answer your query

Reactions: saad_im

immigboi

Nov 11, 2023
Howdy! Is there a clear slowest step in the application process?

I applied Sep 30
AOR Nov 5
Background Updated Nov 8

I always thought Background would take the longest, but Im learning that its not the same as security clearance, is that correct?

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Howdy! Is there a clear slowest step in the application process?

I applied Sep 30
AOR Nov 5
Background Updated Nov 8

I always thought Background would take the longest, but Im learning that its not the same as security clearance, is that correct?
That is correct. Background is the first step to be completed after AOR. The step where many people get stuck indefinitely is after citizenship test before LPP gets completed (Language, Physical Presence, Prohibitions)

BebeAny

May 14, 2019
Type: Online App
Physical Presence Days: 1121
Application: Single
Application sent: Aug 20th, 2023
Delivered: Aug 20th, 2023
AOR: Oct 4th 2023
GU: Oct 14th 2023
Background Complete: Oct 16th 2023
Test Invite: Oct 24th (Window: Oct 30th - Nov 20th)
Test Taken: Nov 4th
Test Completed on tracker: Nov 11th
LPP: In Progress

Reactions: lovepreq

engineeredbygod

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Background verification is not complete, but I have received an invitation to take the exam. Has anyone experienced a similar situation?
We did after that we have also receive finger print request.
The processing roughly took 3 weeks for us for background check to be completed
See signature for reference of timeline

Smshukh

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Scarborough office . Air 7th sept. Test completed 10th oct. No update since . So so so upset. Had a ghost update on 27th october. After that update was able to create my daughter’s pr tracker. Nothing else. Anyone else there to console me on the same boat? I was expecting oath by end of nov :(

mitsalex

Star Member
Jan 19, 2021
Scarborough office . Air 7th sept. Test completed 10th oct. No update since . So so so upset. Had a ghost update on 27th october. After that update was able to create my daughter’s pr tracker. Nothing else. Anyone else there to console me on the same boat? I was expecting oath by end of nov :(
Almost the same dates as you, waiting for LPP, Scarborough as well.
It's the worse IRCC office by far, I don't know how they work but they are very inefficient.
I tried to look at different sources and it seems like it takes them between 2 and 5 months to clear LPP, so I'm not expecting anything before february.

It's really a shame that we got assigned to that s**t office